promise5

Being "stalked online"? What to do?

normiss

So he WAS parked illegally.
Damn those bitches.
:S:D

Well, my folks live on a 3 way intersection, but the vehicle was parked on the far side of the driveway from the intersection. Nothing illegal about it. The bitches just didn't like it there. Maybe they couldn't see very far and when they got close enough to see it, they had to swerve around it. I dunno. :|

I just wish the police would have run the plates and see where the address it was registered to was, right in front of them. >:( Dad was pissed, and let them have an earful when he got back.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

normiss

I have a hard time believing cops had a legally parked vehicle towed simply because people complained.
Cops usually make decisions based on law.
Usually.

+1

ETA: Unless the registration was expired or let's say there was a flat tire or something like that. It could've looked abandoned but the cops are still going to run the registration first.
Always be kinder than you feel.

LuckyMcSwervy

***I have a hard time believing cops had a legally parked vehicle towed simply because people complained.
Cops usually make decisions based on law.
Usually.

+1

ETA: Unless the registration was expired or let's say there was a flat tire or something like that. It could've looked abandoned but the cops are still going to run the registration first.

you are talking about Alabama Cops -

THINK about it.:S
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Andy9o8

Then there are users who feel they have nothing to hide and share too much information, leaving themselves vulnerable to attacks, criticism, judgement, and yes, even stalkers.

So you get stalked a lot? :P

I've learned to share less :P
"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse."
- Chris Hadfield
« Sors le martinet et flagelle toi indigne contrôleuse de gestion. »
- my boss

raftman

You kids these days have it sooo easy! Able to stalk someone from anywhere in the world.
Why, back in the old fogey days before the internet you actually had to follow your stalkee around. Lotta legwork!!

Or so I've heard.

Still is - if you do RIGHT!
So I've heard.:)
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

I knew someone who was being harassed by 'suspected only' someone who used to work with them (he'd been let go for unrelated reasons). This went on for several months. When it advanced to the point of an anonymous note being sent through the mail to her physical address (which the person had no reason to know), two 'security men' from work visited the 'suspect's' home to convince him it was in his best interests to cease any such behaviors, if he had indeed been responsible for them in the first place. That seemed to do the trick.

However, this is a unique case in that both people had worked for the company in question, and one still did. I think every case would be different.
If some old guy can do it then obviously it can't be very extreme. Otherwise he'd already be dead.
Bruce McConkey 'I thought we were gonna die, and I couldn't think of anyone

raftman

You kids these days have it sooo easy! Able to stalk someone from anywhere in the world.
Why, back in the old fogey days before the internet you actually had to follow your stalkee around. Lotta legwork!!

Used to be all you had to do was turn off your phone. No more stalker. :)