promise5

Being "stalked online"? What to do?

Anyone else deal with a person acting stalkerish online? I think I've asked this before. It's beyond creepy. I really don't know how to deal with it. They basically just kinda stalk me in forums, threads,etc. ok I'll admit I was pretty trusting and if someone ask me my username on a site I would tell them. No biggie I thought until this person started showing up in all of them making comments and then wanting me to know it was them. I was so thankful when it stopped the last time but Ugh, the person is back. I feel like saying "get a life" but last time I responded they seemed to become more and more obsessed.
No matter how slowly you say oranges it never sounds like gullible.
Believe me I tried.

promise5

Anyone else deal with a person acting stalkerish online? I think I've asked this before. It's beyond creepy. I really don't know how to deal with it. They basically just kinda stalk me in forums, threads,etc. ok I'll admit I was pretty trusting and if someone ask me my username on a site I would tell them. No biggie I thought until this person started showing up in all of them making comments and then wanting me to know it was them. I was so thankful when it stopped the last time but Ugh, the person is back. I feel like saying "get a life" but last time I responded they seemed to become more and more obsessed.

Peer pressure from friends can have a very positive effect on most maroons like that. What works for me is just to confront them.. usually most intelligent people realize there are easier targets out there and they move along like nice little scumbags.:S

I probably wouldn't even notice it as I don't take Internet seriously enough to care. But if it did happen I'd feel pleased that I've managed to piss someone off so badly they need to resort something as pointless as stalking me online.
Your rights end where my feelings begin.

Firstly you ladies need to take things really carefully online.

I worked in a company where one of the guys started stalking a female member of staff and it was hell for her, very scary and ended up requiring police involvement.

I can't remember where I read it, but most stalkers lose interest if their target isn't active. Remembering that ANY communication can be misconstrued, I know it affects your life but perhaps taking a break from posting for a while will allow (him?) to move on to other people.

Another option could be to try and ignore their posts completely, just treating it as noise. Provided you aren't in physical danger or posting stuff that links back to your 'real' life.
Experienced jumper - someone who has made mistakes more often than I have and lived.

We HAD a female employee here that filed a sexual harassment complaint against 10 of her coworkers for giving her compliments.
One said she "looked pretty" and another had told her "nice dress".
She was trying to use it as a defense to her husband after being caught cheating. "I was so stressed due to the harassment at work!"

yea....she no longer works here.

:S

Humans sure can be crazy. [:/]

We HAD a female employee here that filed a sexual harassment complaint against 10 of her coworkers for giving her compliments.
One said she "looked pretty" and another had told her "nice dress".

Like it or not, ridiculous or not, there's a lesson in that: Just don't do that at work. Ever. Period. Anything other than that is less safe.

Humans sure can be crazy.

I invite you to slightly edit that.
If you dare. ;)

I would never think compliments were harassment.
The woman had issues.

Lol on ryoder. He's to busy stalking Nataly.

Everyone here is pretty much harmless
No matter how slowly you say oranges it never sounds like gullible.
Believe me I tried.

promise5

I'm sure he would make time for you in his busy schedule.
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

theonlyski

I'm sure he would make time for you in his busy schedule.

Indeed; I can multitask.B|
But I really need to find some stalkees who don't live so far away.[:/]
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

promise5

I would never think compliments were harassment.
The woman had issues.

Most people in this world are cool. But there's just enough men and women with issues to cause trouble for the rest of us from time to time. [:/]

With guys, yeah, nature favors the dude that doesn't give up easily. It's just some guys can't figure out they don't have a chance with one woman or another, and they think doubling down will fix it. Not to mention the "creepy" factor of it all. I hear guys saying "Why are all good lucking women so unfriendly?"

I tell them "Because if they smile at you even a little, you go bugging them, thinking you have a 'chance'". :P:D

promise5

I want to make this absolutely clear...this is NOT me

GooniesKid

***Anyone else deal with a person acting stalkerish online? I think I've asked this before. It's beyond creepy. I really don't know how to deal with it. They basically just kinda stalk me in forums, threads,etc. ok I'll admit I was pretty trusting and if someone ask me my username on a site I would tell them. No biggie I thought until this person started showing up in all of them making comments and then wanting me to know it was them. I was so thankful when it stopped the last time but Ugh, the person is back. I feel like saying "get a life" but last time I responded they seemed to become more and more obsessed.

I want to make this absolutely clear...this is NOT me

Ha - and you know that's where at least half a dozen minds immediately went right? Tells a story in itself.

To promise - I usually just have them off'd. :|
Let me know if you want some numbers to call for some contacts with a 'particular set of skills'. ;)