muff528

High School Senior Yearbook Pictures ...What a F$&k'n Racket!

LuckyMcSwervy

Do they still tell the parents to give the kid a blank check to bring on senior portrait day?

Wow! never heard of doing that! But I did have to confirm their predetermined schedule and prepay online for the sitting and proofs or be SOL for a pic in the yearbook next year. What I don't understand is why it has to be done this week ...only 2 weeks after the end of the school year for next year's book. What if unforeseen circumstances cause him to go to a different school next year? What about kids who transfer to a new school at the beginning of the year? Also, I had to choose among several pricey "packages" including indoor, outdoor poses, etc. To be fair, however, I did finally find a (mostly hidden) choice for a standard yearbook portrait ...so, not so bad after all.

What I spent on high school senior pictures: $0
What I spent on a high school class ring: $0

It's high school for chrissake!
No one gives a damn which one you attended, only that you graduated from one.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

ryoder

What I spent on high school senior pictures: $0
What I spent on a high school class ring: $0

It's high school for chrissake!
No one gives a damn which one you attended, only that you graduated from one.

IKR!
high school is like the minor leagues...the only people excited about it are the parents and kids.

muff528

***Do they still tell the parents to give the kid a blank check to bring on senior portrait day?

Wow! never heard of doing that! But I did have to confirm their predetermined schedule and prepay online for the sitting and proofs or be SOL for a pic in the yearbook next year. What I don't understand is why it has to be done this week ...only 2 weeks after the end of the school year for next year's book. What if unforeseen circumstances cause him to go to a different school next year? What about kids who transfer to a new school at the beginning of the year? Also, I had to choose among several pricey "packages" including indoor, outdoor poses, etc. To be fair, however, I did finally find a (mostly hidden) choice for a standard yearbook portrait ...so, not so bad after all.

This was 1985 Catholic high school style. We had them taken the end of junior year for the 1986 yearbook. It was civilian clothes and then the velvet wrap off the shoulder thing wearing your grandmother's pearls, then the cap and gown with the diploma poses. Nothing fancy, nothing full length.

We did the blank check with the class ring selection day too.
Always be kinder than you feel.

jclalor

It was all worth it, high school was the best 5 years of my life.

Damn - you got out early?:o
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

jclalor

******It was all worth it, high school was the best 5 years of my life.

Damn - you got out early?:o

Only on Thursdays.:P

Good Behavior?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

:D:D

This thread has just reminded me that at the tender age of 16, the biggest drama in my life, ever, was the horrible picture that the photographer chose of me to put on the graduating class of '98 poster that would adorn the high school walls FOREVER...

Funny thing is: this is the first time I have thought about it since 1998!!! :D:D
"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse."
- Chris Hadfield
« Sors le martinet et flagelle toi indigne contrôleuse de gestion. »
- my boss

wildcard451

If / when I produce a few sex trophies - at least I have the equipment/skills to take the yearbook photos for them instead of paying retarded amounts of money.

My mom did some trading with a family friend to take my photos -- and they sucked. I used one for the yearbook, and that's it. In the spring, closer to graduation, I asked a friend (who was into photography) to do it. I bought the film requested, we did all the shots around the yard (nice outdoor ones), and he handed me the completed roll of film. I paid for their develpment at the drugstore, then just bought the reprints/sizes I wanted (5x7s, 8x10s, sheet of wallet size). Worked out really well!
See the upside, and always wear your parachute! -- Christopher Titus

Shut Up & Jump!