Nataly

Itchy feet...

It's funny because I have some friends who never left the town I grew up in, and some of them occasionally comment on my FB page that I lead an exciting and exotic life... Well, truth be told, I don't think that I do. I also don't think their life choices are any better/worse than mine, as long as they are happy with those choices, just as I am with mine (for the most part!).

Now, I realise that I am in the process of selling my current place and buying a bigger, better house over here... I am nicely settled in my job... I have made friends, I am well integrated in my community (no small feat, since this region is known for not being particularly welcoming to outsiders - something to do with too much tourism...). I have been with the same guy for nearly 3 years now - we are talking about getting a cat...

Yet all I can think about is I am up for a new challenge. I want to discover somewhere new. I am ready for a change. Somewhere different culturally, and also in terms of the landscape and architecture... Where people approach life in a way that is unfamiliar to me - a perspective that I had not thought of. One learns a great deal from different people/languages/cultures/environments/circumstances...

Some people think I just have a commitment-phobia, but to me it's not that at all. It's just that there is SO MUCH out there to discover, and I have seen so little of it... I can always come back to somewhere I know that offers me a lot of creature comforts, but I don't want to spend my entire life *wondering* about everything/everywhere else - I want to see/experience some of it. And I'm not talking about tourist holidays - I really want to live it.

Don't know where yet... But I can't stop thinking it's time... Soon...
"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse."
- Chris Hadfield
« Sors le martinet et flagelle toi indigne contrôleuse de gestion. »
- my boss

ZigZagMarquis

I too thought it was going to be about advising N@ to remember to pee on her feet in the shower. :D

No need to remind me - I already do it :P

(As a purely precautionary measure, of course!!)
- Chris Hadfield
- my boss

ZigZagMarquis

I'm sure your SO is appreciative too.

:P:P

My shower - my right to pee in it!! :P
- Chris Hadfield
- my boss

Is your boyfriend a nester, or an explorer? Nothing wrong with wanting to upset the applecart sometimes, but it needs to be positive. I have those same tendencies, but now I've been in the same house for roughly forever. But I've changed it around, and there's a second home, and a husband who's looking forward to exploring.

Just before meeting him I was looking for work outside the country. But I am happy now. Figure out if something else can scratch those itchy feet; if so, see if you can manage the best of both worlds. If not, well, itches gotta be scratched

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Nataly

.....I am ready for a change. Somewhere different culturally, and also in terms of the landscape and architecture... Where people approach life in a way that is unfamiliar to me - a perspective that I had not thought of...........

Sounds like Asia. I'd leave the cat at home, though.

He is a nester... Which is absolutely fantastic in many ways, but he is definitely not keen to go exploring. So yeah... Tricky.
- Chris Hadfield
- my boss

Amazon

***He is a nester... Which is absolutely fantastic in many ways, but he is definitely not keen to go exploring. So yeah... Tricky.

Lots of places to choose from

Pick an Island... Any island

Perhaps this place? :ph34r:https://www.google.com/maps/place/Devil%27s+Island/@5.2875365,-52.5870215,3994m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m2!3m1!1s0x8d11e42fad9228bd:0x2b6f5f467a72182d
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Sounds like my life. I just get to move all the time because I get ordered to do so (active-duty military). :)

Of course, at least one negative aspect of this is moving too many times. Or deploying to "exotic" places where you don't want to explore. But all in all, those of us with permanent wanderlust tend to do quite well in the military (or foreign service).

See the upside, and always wear your parachute! -- Christopher Titus

Shut Up & Jump!