LuckyMcSwervy

Motorcycle People Please Help Me Out :)

Its just like buying gear. Go try it. Rent or borrow. Remember bikes sux. Big or small. They are hot when its hot, wet when it rains, cold when its cold. Sitting under bridges in the rain sucks. It will cost you more for the costume- helmet, gloves, boots, chaps, jacket and vest, than the bike.
U only make 2 jumps: the first one for some weird reason and the last one that you lived through. The rest are just filler.
scr 316

But it is a bike and in traffic and in the city, my boyfriend's 125 cc scooter is hands-down the more appropriate/practical vehicle.

Nat is dating a scooter guy???:o
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

ryoder

But it is a bike and in traffic and in the city, my boyfriend's 125 cc scooter is hands-down the more appropriate/practical vehicle.

An appropriate & practical one no less...:S

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

ryoder

She's in France. Europe has different "standards" for that sort of thing.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

airtwardo

It's just a little island cruiser, nothing I'll ever need to go "fast".

Trolling for Pirates? :)

Nooooo

Trolling for Jelly!

Wait . . . I mean Jam!
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

JerryBaumchen

Hi normiss,

it also should be taken into consideration the type of environment one rides in.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0046250/

:P

JerryBaumchen

Hi Jerry~

Funny thing that...:)

The first time in Rome, we arrived early evening during a light rain shower...As in most of Europe the circle turnabouts were challenging to say the least!

Many are brick...those little scooters were going down one right after the other. Must have seen a dozen sliding on their side by the time we got to our B&B.

Traffic in Rome is insane on a good day - I wouldn't have been riding one of those things for movie star pay! :ph34r:

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Hey girl! Thank you very much for all of that information!! You brought up something about changing gears that I didn't want to admit before. I know how to change gears but I don't want to mess up my toenail polish because I mostly wear flip flops or sandals when I'm away.

I'm not tooooo short but I love the stop through of scooters as well. I wear skirts often and I just don't like throwing my leg over a motorcycle when I'm in a skirt. No free shows. :P

B|B|B|

Always be kinder than you feel.

jackwallace

Its just like buying gear. Go try it. Rent or borrow. Remember bikes sux. Big or small. They are hot when its hot, wet when it rains, cold when its cold. Sitting under bridges in the rain sucks. It will cost you more for the costume- helmet, gloves, boots, chaps, jacket and vest, than the bike.

Thanks! I've definitely been soaked riding a scooter and it was so fun. NOT. I do have a few rain ponchos I bought last summer for riding. One in my tote bag in case I was in a store/restaurant or something when it started and a better one in the underseat storage.

I've even slowlyyyyyyy driven through some of Key West's most flooded intersections (Greene/Simonton) in front of the Rum Barrel and Lilly Pulitzer. I wouldn't do that on my own scooter but it was a rental, so..... ;)

Thanks for the advice! B|

normiss

uhhh...wind????

Also: heel / toe shifters.

I'm not so sure you should be on two wheels.
;)

I tuck the skirt between my legs. The front wheel wind thing where you put your feet keeps it from blowing around too. The funny thing is I find I have very good posture when I'm scootering. :D:D:D

As for heel/toe shifters, I have no idea what that is. :D When my Dad taught us how to ride dirt bikes when we were kids I remember something about revving and pressing down once or twice. I honestly don't remember. :ph34r:

normiss

It's not about tucking.
[:/]

You'll muss your hair and perfume.

Oh, I'm not that worried. My hair is straight and I don't go fast enough to make it that knotty. My bangs get a little jacked but that's ok. The perfume is always with me so I can touch up as needed. B|

I did a lot of baseball hat ponytail over the summer. B|

Hi Lucky,

Here is a portion of an article that I wrote back in '04 for a car magazine:

It was the summer of '54. Ike was in the White House and the Korean War was behind us. A guy named Bill Haley and a group called the Comets were about to change the music world forever with a song called 'Rock Around the Clock'. I was a gangly 13-year old with a paper route.

My brother and I had been wrenching and modifying our bicycles for about four years and seeing what length of skid marks we could put down on the sidewalk. But I wanted something other than a Pedal-Matic. So I saved my money and for about $20 bought a DoodleBug.

This was a two-wheel motor scooter about thirty inches long and about twenty-four inches high. When I sat on it, I looked like an NBA player on a 3-year old's tricycle. It had a single cylinder two-cycle engine with a straight exhaust, no muffler. It had a throttle with a slip clutch, a brake, a kick-start system and no lights or electrical system of any kind. She would do about thirty MPH flat out. Crack the throttle and you were on your way.

For about fourteen cents per gallon of gas, plus a little oil, I could fill the tank and go clear across Portland (before freeways or interstates). As long as I stayed off of the main streets, the police didn't bother me. The DoodleBug wasn`t licensed and neither was I. But, I had mobility - a life-changing event.

:P

I posted the entire article on here quite some time ago, but you might find it interesting reading.

JerryBaumchen