acrojunky

nitro/blade

I have taken intrest into the blade and nitro and some people say it has better performance than the katana or any other non X brace nine cell out there im intending to get a demo on one or the other but im interested were the winglets are placed on the wing/ do they really have alot of slow speed lift and if anybody has a blade of nitro could you post it so I could get a idea of what to expect thanks.

has better performance than the katana or any other non X brace nine cell out there im intending to get a demo

Depends on how you define performance. Better swoops than the Katana - not in my opinion. Better openings - yes, and more responsive on toggles. Rear riser input is very easy to stall the canopy with, much more so than the Katana, Velocity, Sabre2, etc.

Both are good canopies, I personally prefer the Katana but I thought the Blade was fun to fly.

In the end it all depends what you're looking for. Beezy Shaw is easy to get demo's from (Blade) and of course PD's demo program + service is top notch.

Demo them both one may fit your style more than the other.

Blues,
Ian
Performance Designs Factory Team

That I know about the nitro (I had one 88) this canopy have a low Aspect Ratio platform (2,45/1) and low trim angle.
In my opinion, this is the reason that (low speed and low AR) the canopy seem to have a good and easy bottom end flare and lift.
In my opinion, for these same reasons, the canopy doesn't have an long flare as the modern conventional 9 cell HP canopy with high AR and more trim angle like the Katana, Samurai, Demon, germany Paratech RAGE etc
A don't know about the blade canopy, but I know that canopy have a same AR of the nitro

Roq

I don't believe in winglets. I think they just add drag. That being said, I like the Nitro a lot. It is NOT in the same class as the Katana; the Katana is a swooping canopy and the Nitro is more of an all-around canopy. It has a flatter glide and shorter recovery arc. Low speed lift on the Nitro is pretty good; I have a Nitro 108 that lands like a Sabre2 120 in no wind.

In my opinion, for these same reasons, the canopy doesn't have an long flare as the modern conventional 9 cell HP canopy with high AR and more trim angle like the Katana, Samurai, Demon, germany Paratech RAGE etc
A don't know about the blade canopy, but I know that canopy have a same AR of the nitro

Roq

Roq, I have noticed that you pay much attenion to AR of wings. Would you tell me what is the AR of the PV Demon? I going to test this canopy soon.