fpritchett64

Baby. Name Options

You do realize that by naming her "Brooklyn" people would instantly make a number of assumptions about her; right? That she is either from or was conceived there. Is that really what you want everyone who meets her to be thinking of when she is introduced for the first time?
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

quade

You do realize that by naming her "Brooklyn" people would instantly make a number of assumptions about her; right? That she is either from or was conceived there. Is that really what you want everyone who meets her to be thinking of when she is introduced for the first time?

My youngest daughter just named her newborn girl Kennedy. I haven't a clue where that came from. :S
I hold it true, whate'er befall;
I feel it, when I sorrow most;
'Tis better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all.

I like - Brooklyn Leigh Pritchett

It's different while still being popular to name your child after a city, town or state. Which a lot of last names are derived from... And, I've never thought of Quade as being from or conceived in Gloucestershire.
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

fpritchett64

So, we're trying to make our final decision on what to name our upcoming addition to our family. We like Brooklyn and have recently discovered that we really like Abigail. Leigh has to remain a middle name.

What do you all think?

Cthulhu Leigh Pitchfork
cavete terrae.

Both these names are very popular right now, but as someone who has a name that was #1 right about when I was born, having the same name as "half" the girls I knew was a problem. My last name was semi-common, but I now have a last name that is as common as lisa is for a first name, which is a never ending source of frustration.

It does make it hard for someone to pinpoint me online, though. :)

I vote for Abigail out of the two choices you gave us.

lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

Are you ok with people shortening Abigail to Abby? That's probably what will happen. It's a fine name, as long as you're ok with a nickname. I don't really think people would shorten Brooklyn.

As for which one I like, I can't choose. They both sound good to me!
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

skymama

Are you ok with people shortening Abigail to Abby? That's probably what will happen. It's a fine name, as long as you're ok with a nickname. I don't really think people would shorten Brooklyn.

As for which one I like, I can't choose. They both sound good to me!

Brooklyn will likely get shortened to Brook when she goes through that stage of wanting to be like "everyone else."

Personally, I don't think the full name (Brooklyn Leigh) flows as well when said out loud as your second option.

However, since people are rarely addressed by all three names, (unless they're eight years old and in trouble!), I'd give my vote to Jenna. I've always liked that name, and know plenty of strong, talented women of that name (one is a Navy officer, the other a Marine pilot).

Incidentally (to other posters), my cousin has a daughter named Kennedy. I've also known a couple of Indias, a Portland (yes, a woman), and of course we've all heard of women called Georgia, Virginia, Dallas, etc.
See the upside, and always wear your parachute! -- Christopher Titus

Shut Up & Jump!

I think it's going to be a great conversation when you tell her that one of the reasons you picked her name was a poll on dropzone.com. ;)

That being said, I like Brooklyn. And congrats on the upcoming addition! :)

"I fly because it releases my mind from the tyranny of petty things." - Antoine de Saint-Exupery

You actually just said that you don't see anybody calling her Brook if they name her Brooklyn?!!!!!!

I know a girl named Brooklyn, and people just call her Brooklyn. I guess I was just thinking of her!
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

fpritchett64

So, we're trying to make our final decision on what to name our upcoming addition to our family. We like Brooklyn and have recently discovered that we really like Abigail. Leigh has to remain a middle name.

What do you all think?

How about Serious Leigh Pritchette?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Mickochet

You actually just said that you don't see anybody calling her Brook if they name her Brooklyn?!!!!!!

Personally, I'd go with "Brooke"
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

On a different note, I like your new profile pic Promise5. It is very pretty

Stop hijacking people's threads with your flirting. If you want to give someone a compliment like that when it has nothing to do with the original post, send it in a PM. If you can't send it in a PM because you've been blocked, then get the message.

This is your one warning to think about this before you post. It's creepy and irritating to have to read you repeatedly hitting on the women in the forums. It's especially gross to do it in someone's thread about their baby. Cut it out.

skymama

On a different note, I like your new profile pic Promise5. It is very pretty

Stop hijacking people's threads with your flirting. If you want to give someone a compliment like that when it has nothing to do with the original post, send it in a PM. If you can't send it in a PM because you've been blocked, then get the message.

This is your one warning to think about this before you post. It's creepy and irritating to have to read you repeatedly hitting on the women in the forums. It's especially gross to do it in someone's thread about their baby. Cut it out.

ok