Nataly

Need advice from cat people...

I've moved my cats to four apartments. Love them, feed them, accept that everything that's yours is theirs, and you'll have no problems at all. :)

Welcome to the feline club! :)

LuckyMcSwervy

***I've moved my cats to four apartments. Love them, feed them, accept that everything that's yours is theirs, and you'll have no problems at all. :)

Isn't that the truth! I tell my cat "I live to serve". :P
Sooo true! I would love to adopt another, but I have a special needs kitty. It's like having a baby all over again(I actually have to make his special food up ahead of time and on the days he's really having a problem with his mouth, I actually give him baby food. Dr. approved), but I wouldn't trade him for the world!

His name is Mozart! Quite fitting for a tuxedo cat, LOL!
"It's not just a daydream if you choose to make it your life..."

dzdiva

******I've moved my cats to four apartments. Love them, feed them, accept that everything that's yours is theirs, and you'll have no problems at all. :)

Isn't that the truth! I tell my cat "I live to serve". :P
Sooo true! I would love to adopt another, but I have a special needs kitty. It's like having a baby all over again(I actually have to make his special food up ahead of time and on the days he's really having a problem with his mouth, I actually give him baby food. Dr. approved), but I wouldn't trade him for the world!

His name is Mozart! Quite fitting for a tuxedo cat, LOL!

Awwww!! You're such a good Mom!! He's a very handsome boy!! I love his name!! B|
Always be kinder than you feel.

bob.dino

- brush and nail clippers

Check out a furminator. Super-handy for long-haired cats. Use it outside/on your balcony.

Pick a vet. Book a checkup/get to know you. That way if she becomes ill or hurts herself, you already have a relationship with a veterinaire.

Look at Feliway if you're concerned about her being stressed for the initial few days. Vet can provide. Really does work; we've used it.

As someone else said, hair rollers for your clothes. Carrefour has 'em.

Anything valuable/delicate should move into a closed cupboard. Some cats deliberately piss or shit on your clothes/bed when stressed or angry with you. Until you know she's not a total pain like that, play it safe with the nice clothes.

Congrats on moving in with the boy madame :P.

ps: les chiens sont mieux.

Yes.. cat toys are fairly cheap... some family heirlooms.... no so. I invested in several of these http://www.ebay.com/itm/Curved-Leaded-Glass-1900-Antique-Oak-Curio-Display-Cabinet-/141110858288 If its locked.. all that stuff is no longer a cat toy to be pushed off the shelf :ph34r:

I've spent so much money on cat toys and Cutaway ignores every one of them. But holy hell let a q-tip fall on the floor and he's all over it. Same with his cat tower. He rather sit on a cardboard box then his tower.
No matter how slowly you say oranges it never sounds like gullible.
Believe me I tried.

promise5

I've spent so much money on cat toys and Cutaway ignores every one of them. But holy hell let a q-tip fall on the floor and he's all over it. Same with his cat tower. He rather sit on a cardboard box then his tower.

Milo LOVES ring things..... the plastic locking rings from a milk jug... or my hair bands.... he will even fetch them from across the room. All I need to do is zing it across and he goes flying full tilt after it. He brings it back after attacking it and throwing it up in the air a few times.... then brings it back to my lap.

Amazon

Milo LOVES ring things..... the plastic locking rings from a milk jug... or my hair bands.... he will even fetch them from across the room. All I need to do is zing it across and he goes flying full tilt after it. He brings it back after attacking it and throwing it up in the air a few times.... then brings it back to my lap.

I've had a few cats in my life that loved the rings off of milk bottle caps.

My dad used to hang them on a pens in a jar near the edge of a desk. The cat would hook one off the pen, knock it to the floor, jump down and play with it for a minute or two.
Then jump back up and get another and do it all over again.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

Amazon

***I've spent so much money on cat toys and Cutaway ignores every one of them. But holy hell let a q-tip fall on the floor and he's all over it. Same with his cat tower. He rather sit on a cardboard box then his tower.

He's a handsome boy! B|

My girl goes apeshit for shoe laces!

Well, there is good news and bad news... The good news is that Princess found a loving home... The bad news is that it wasn't with us :(:(:(

I'm so sad... She was adopted on Friday... I just waited too long. But anyway, maybe it's for the best.

"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse."
- Chris Hadfield
« Sors le martinet et flagelle toi indigne contrôleuse de gestion. »
- my boss

Nataly

Well, there is good news and bad news... The good news is that Princess found a loving home... The bad news is that it wasn't with us :(:(:(

I'm so sad... She was adopted on Friday... I just waited too long. But anyway, maybe it's for the best.

B| and :( at the same time. Thrilled she found a forever home and sad it wasn't with you guys.

Maybe when you get into your new place another little baby will cross your path!

I'm so disappointed but happy she found a home. I will stop looking at ads, until I have moved... Then I will look to adopt a cat. I'm convinced from everyone I've spoken to that rescuing an adult cat is the way forward for us - there are so many people who want kittens and so many cats in need of a home...

I'm so sad, though... Guess it wasn't meant to be :(

"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse."
- Chris Hadfield
« Sors le martinet et flagelle toi indigne contrôleuse de gestion. »
- my boss

Sorry to hear you didn't get Princess - but as you've said, maybe it was meant to work out that way. Rest assured another kitty WILL come along and steal your heart.

And kudos to you for rescuing. There are so many GREAT animals in shelters!!! :)

Nataly

I'm so disappointed but happy she found a home. I will stop looking at ads, until I have moved... Then I will look to adopt a cat. I'm convinced from everyone I've spoken to that rescuing an adult cat is the way forward for us - there are so many people who want kittens and so many cats in need of a home...

I'm so sad, though... Guess it wasn't meant to be :(

That's great! I'd adopt an adult cat again in a heartbeat. Although I do look at SL and tell her I wish she could talk and tell me her "story". I don't think she was a real stray as she's been the most loving and trusting animal I've ever known. Not an ounce of fear in her when it comes to strangers. She was trapped in a feral cat round up in the vet's town. I got her when she was about a year and a half old.

Good luck! Whatever kitty is lucky enough to be adopted by you is going to have an amazingly loving home!! B|B|

Three cats in my house...all rescue. There is no doubt you will provide a much better environment for this cat. The alternative is that this cat will probably be euthanized.

Get a cat box and provide her, her own space to urinate and deficate. This will minimize if not totally prevent the cat "marking" all over your new apartment. Yes, cats like dogs are territorial and at times even more so.

Let the cat get to know you. One thing about cats that are different than dogs, the cat picks you NOT the other way around. But, I think once the cat realizes the great food and living space you're providing her she'll make you her own.

Cats are survivors, they are the complete package of a predator in miniature. Cats don't need human beings any more than human beings need cats but I think cats and people are diminished when this principle is prevalent.

Get to know a cat's behavior. What does it mean when a cat purrs, or flops down in front of you or brings you mouse they've killed and drops the dead mouse before you.

Cats are compartmentalized in that they have "this way about them" that they will not share with you what they did while you were either away from your apartment or asleep. Cats like people show their finikiness and at times "mirror" human behavior and show us the @$$holes we can be. As such a lot of peopel don't like cats for the very reason that the cat reminds them too much of themselves.

But this I know...cats ARE capable of great love and affection and don't let anyone tell you otherwise. And if a cat loves you, it's very real.

Good luck and thank you for saving a life!

oldwomanc6

*********Those were sooooo bad, but I laughed and laughed. Does that make me a bad person? :D:D:D

Nope! Sense of humor is good! :D:D:D

http://persephonebleeds.deviantart.com/art/Road-kill-3-376228013

That's just plain weird. Seems like a cry for attention, to me.

I agree. That must smell really bad as well. :D