Amazon

Red and Dead Sexy....

Normiss, I guess I'm commenting on your post as I'm traveling down memory lane. Or as a poster on another thread said "a bunch of has been's". Your correct about the Hemi and marketing, it was a very smart move. Something old that is new again? The concept of hemispherical combustion chambers for better combustible power through added breathability and flow is rock solid engineering IMO. There are currently a number of after-market manufactures that produce these (hemispherical heads) for motorcycles as well.

I drove a Dodge Coronet "post", dark blue, dog dish hub caps, bench seats , (a real sleeper), Hurst 4 speed, 426 Hemi for awhile. I ran NHRA A stock if I remember correctly and with some 7'' M&H Racemaster drag slicks (max " allowed), dropped exhaust, as well tweaking fuel adjustment screws on dual carbs ran 12's. MONSTER torque! So I understand your comment on a "real Hemi". I do attend the annual Barrett-Jackson in Scottsdale from time to time and the "real Hemi's" are way into six figures

As far as your comment on a foreign owned I'm going decline. I could rant on about f-ing bailouts, taxpayers getting screwed, politics, etc.

I hope you get your "real Hemi" someday :)

There's an older gentleman at one of my favorite watering holes with a very very sweet mid 60's Chrysler with a real Hemi big block as well.
Makes me drool!

as well as missing my 66' Fastback full roller 348.
Stoopid skydiving. :D:D:D

normiss

There's an older gentleman at one of my favorite watering holes with a very very sweet mid 60's Chrysler with a real Hemi big block as well.
Makes me drool!

as well as missing my 66' Fastback full roller 348.
Stoopid skydiving. :D:D:D

See if Mama will get one of these for you for Christmas..

http://www.allpar.com/mopar/hemi/392-crate.html

Amazon

I drooled ALMOST as much when I saw this. . .
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

redramdriver

This sort of gets me all revved up. Have had my new SRT for about 2 months now...should have done my home work. Would have waited. But still...this red and dead sexy gets me going all day long as well

I could not find the infamous Nancy LaRiviere red latex jumpsuit Racer advertisement photo, but THAT is red and dead sexy.... :PB|
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban