wildcard451

Sandals in St. Lucia

OMG! YES! We went to the St Lucia Grande last year and loved it and going again this winter. We normally had gone to Sandal MoBay for years, but decided to try a new place with our free week.

The only bad thing was the ride from airport to the resort. Int'l airport on one end of the island, resort on other. Very windy hilly road...21 miles took about 1 1/2 hours, but its worth it. LOVED the scuba diving there too!

I attached a picture of one of the places we scuba dive.

If you go have a great time!

Judy
Be kinder than necessary because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

Thanks for the flashback of being at my ex's house and finding all of the little Sandals Saint Lucia shampoo/conditioner/shower gel thingies under the bathroom vanity that his exWife left behind when she moved out. They were from their honeymoon in 2001.

:D:D:D:P

Seriously, I heard it's really, really nice and the food is decent.

Have fun!

BTW - if it's a long ride from the international airport could there be a puddle jumper available to a smaller airstrip closer to the resort? I try to do that in Jamaica when I can.

Always be kinder than you feel.

If you're planning on scuba better make sure you're current as in the last 6 months. If not they'll require a resort refresher that's not free. air is a bit of a problem but it can be worked out with a series of one-way flights.
Please don't dent the planet.

Destinations by Roxanne

LuckyMcSwervy

Is the diving any good there?

I can't remember if Brandon dives or not but that's a great couples activity! Lifelong dive buddy!! B|

We don't - but a ex-skydiver friend of mine has been harassing me for a long time. NO better reason to take a class and learn.

wildcard451

***Is the diving any good there?

I can't remember if Brandon dives or not but that's a great couples activity! Lifelong dive buddy!! B|

We don't - but a ex-skydiver friend of mine has been harassing me for a long time. NO better reason to take a class and learn.

DO IT :P
Always be kinder than you feel.

LuckyMcSwervy

******Is the diving any good there?

DO IT :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLcR0Tabjas :P
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Yes we were just there in November for our honeymoon. We decided to do the La Toc, and stayed in the Pitons oceanview with private sundeck, which is not in the large "hotel" building but is instead a quadplex up on the hill with a beautiful view. We lOVED it. We took the bus between the resorts. The La Toc is a completely different feel than the Grande, and Halcyon. I will outright say do not even consider Halcyon. It looked very small and chintzy. We both said that if we were to go back to St Lucia we would choose the same room style and do La Toc again. La Toc is older and very grown in. The trees are large around the property and it has a really nice feeling of quietness and is very romantic and more private feeling. Most people we talked to who've done both resorts said they have learned that La Toc is the best place to stay, and the Grande is the place to play. The beach at La Toc was virtually useless as the waves were crazy every day and the flags were up, also the locals pushing "cigars" get very annoying. The Grande has an awesome bay that is always very calm. But the grande just feels like a big ass hotel. They have the nicer pool, but to me, the Grande felt like the younger college/spring break type crowd, and La Toc seemed like the mixed age, quiet and laid back crowd.
The food is OK, but I was not impressed, it pretty much all comes from Europe, so the milk, meat, cheese and such all are slightly different in taste and texture than I was used to and things tasted off enough to throw me. For example the bacon is cut from a slightly different spot, and you can tell. The drinks were typical of an all inclusive, mostly rails, but there were some slightly higher end name brands to be had. For beer expect two or three brands. Mostly Heineken and Pitons (Local). I did find a couple more like Newcastle up in the english pub at La Toc. I think the buffets at Grande looked a little better, and they had an Ice Cream shop.
We did the Joe Knows tour and the zip lines. We liked both a lot. Joe Knows does a little snorkeling, but I would suggest bringing your own gear for the best snorkeling experience as the tour had shitty masks and no flippers.
If you want to know more feel free to PM me any questions.

I have to agree about Halcyon as far as size...but they had a great sushi place there we went to one night.

We didn't have any locals at Grande selling us anything, in fact, the only "vendors" that were there were not allowed, but just hung out over by the dock at the edge of the property.

We stayed in one of the swim up rooms so we were not in the "main" building.

La Toc looked beautiful from the ocean when we drove by on our way to the scuba sights.

Judy
Be kinder than necessary because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.