Remster

TSA, making flying even more of a pain, now at YOUR international location!

Excuse me for asking, I'm a bit behind the times here as I haven't traveled internationally for some time, but...

When did they STOP doing this?

As far back as I can remember, as soon as 9/11 hit this was SOP. Wasn't it?
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Moderators' Island Getaway was a private, invite only event. I still can not believe that allowed you to come.

I can't even count how many flights I have been on and this is going to be a real pain moving forward. It sucks that even Global Entry does not help on this one...
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

you mean you turn off your electronics before the flight attendant tells you for the 3rd time, while taxiing that you need to turn them off?

Ive been on at least 40 commercial flights the past year, quite a few international, its all been pretty smooth sailing, except for the time I forgot about my hook knife and had a nice chat with the federal police. Even that wasn't that big of a deal.

Remember your about to get on a magical spaceship that is capable of time travel. Just be happy and don't fuck with it!

ETA, Oh yeah, thats right, your talking about 'merica Hahahahaha yeah, I don't go there anymore :P

Have you seen my pants?
it"s a rough life, Livin' the dream
>:)

you mean you turn off your electronics before the flight attendant tells you for the 3rd time, while taxiing that you need to turn them off?

If you'd bothered to read the article, no, not like that. :P

TSA is now asking security at various (undisclosed) non-US airports for flights to the US to get passengers to turn on their electronics to prove they work.

So, if your iPad, phone, camera, laptop isn't charged, it may have to be left behind.
Remster

If you pack your vibrator, you also have a better than average chance of having them demand that you turn it on as well.

Of course it's the airline's policy never to assign ownership in the case of a vibrator. It's always "A vibrator" and never... "YOUR vibrator."
I'm trying to teach myself how to set things on fire with my mind. Hey... is it hot in here?

Long ago I heard of a college prof who installed a large gyroscope in a suitcase. He would carry his bags into a hotel, turn on the hidden power switch on the bag, check in, and let the valet carry the bags up for him. The fun began the first time the valet turned a corner.>:(

I can only imagine the hysteria that would occur trying to get that bag through an airport now.:S

"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

hcsvader

Ive been on at least 40 commercial flights the past year, quite a few international, its all been pretty smooth sailing, except for the time I forgot about my hook knife and had a nice chat with the federal police. Even that wasn't that big of a deal.

Remember your about to get on a magical spaceship that is capable of time travel. Just be happy and don't fuck with it!

ETA, Oh yeah, thats right, your talking about 'merica Hahahahaha yeah, I don't go there anymore :P

Funny you mention it, because I have NEVER had as much trouble flying in the US as I have in Australia and NZ.

I had to unpack my main right in the damned terminal at Melbourne airport (and I sure took my time repacking it. Inconvenience me for a bullshit reason, and I'll return the favor), and had an hour-long chat with some sheep-shagging genetic throwback in Auckland over the finer points of AADs.
cavete terrae.

Remster

If you'd bothered to read the article, no, not like that. :P

TSA is now asking security at various (undisclosed) non-US airports for flights to the US to get passengers to turn on their electronics to prove they work.

So, if your iPad, phone, camera, laptop isn't charged, it may have to be left behind.

Meh, my entire gear bag got to spend an extra coupe days in Thailand last week. You always have to option to send anything security won't let thru in the post.

Read the rules, play the game, stop being a bitch about it.
Have you seen my pants?
it"s a rough life, Livin' the dream
>:)

Remster

I've got an old laptop that takes about 15 minutes to boot up. Might have to take that with me and then go for a coffee when they want it switched on during rush hour.... :ph34r:

normiss

You'd get tackled within 25 ft.
50 if they're fat.
Maybe 100.
:P

It'd be funny if his laptop screen showed a count-down when it started powering on.:o:ph34r:
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

BillyVance

***You'd get tackled within 25 ft.
50 if they're fat.
Maybe 100.
:P

It'd be funny if his laptop screen showed a count-down when it started powering on.:o:ph34r:

Yep, so funny it could land a person in jail. Hilarious.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

I've made many international flights and have never before been asked to turn on my electronics. Shit like this makes me wonder if there's an Al Qaeda Department of Misinformation. One guy sitting in a room with a laptop thinking up ways to frighten the NSA.
Please don't dent the planet.

Destinations by Roxanne

airdvr

I've made many international flights and have never before been asked to turn on my electronics. Shit like this makes me wonder if there's an Al Qaeda Department of Misinformation. One guy sitting in a room with a laptop thinking up ways to frighten the NSA.

I'm with you. Havent had to turn anything on, either domestic, or international for quite a while... They used to ask it in Greece for some reason... I'm talking 2000-2001 ish. They also wouldn't allow Laptop to be turned on in the planes at all on Olympic.
Remster