Amazon

Bye Bye Birdies and the Bees

So now there is evidence that we are witnessing a second "Silent Spring".

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2014/07/140709-birds-insects-pesticides-insecticides-neonicotinoids-silent-spring/

But part of the goal of the Worldwide Integrated Assessment report is to show that bees aren't the only animals affected. The task force presents evidence that earthworms, aquatic invertebrates, lizards, fish, and many other animals are suffering ill effects as a result (either direct or indirect) of systemic pesticides.

Thank you for sharing. This is a big deal I wish more people were aware of/cared about.

In related news: For those looking to get their toes wet, there is an excellent documentary film called Vanishing of the Bees that I highly recommend.

If I remember correctly, another good documentary film, Food, Inc., also touches on bee colony-collapse disorder as a result of pesticides and other factory-farm practices.
Paint me in a corner, but my color comes back.

JohnMitchell

And the plants then generate neonicotinoids throughout their structure. I'm assuming that includes the parts we eat. . . [:/]

Yup.... The bees and the birds.. are just the canaries in the mine... if it is killing them.. how much damage is that crap doing to other species up the food chain... The fact that much of our food needs bees and other pollinators... at some point there will be nothing left to pollinate all the fruits and food crops. If the birds die off that keep insect populations in check... what will be the effect of that???

I have said before. the evidence is all around us, we are living in the middle of the 6th major extinction event this planet has experienced. We are the ones who are causing this one.[:/][:/]