promise5

Facebook

The only reason I have a Facebook account is because I needed to keep tabs on my kids when they were teens. They couldn't have an account unless I was a friend.

Even after they grew up, they haven't unfriended me. I rarely look at their pages, though, and I don't post anything.

My daughter has been posting pictures of her feet for about 15 years, though. All over the world, even before FB. She's got some really cool pics of her feet in some very cool locales.

It does help to have pretty trotters, though! :ph34r:

And it beats the heck out of Flat Stanley! :D:D:D

lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

promise5

Facebook: what is something you've learned about someone friend /acquaintance on Facebook

Mine:There's a foot page that you can ask your friends to post weekly pics of their feet on.

Let me think: heck no!!!!

:|

:(
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

oldwomanc6

The only reason I have a Facebook account is because I needed to keep tabs on my kids when they were teens. They couldn't have an account unless I was a friend.

Then you might want to sit down. I'm going to tell you something rather disturbing about Facebook.

The VAST majority of kids have two accounts; one for their parents to look at, and another for their real use.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

normiss

I see Shah hasn't changed a bit though.
Maybe more creepy even.
:)

You mean this ... http://www.okcupid.com/profile/shah269/

I joined the A list to change my user name....but wow the a listers have so many creepster options it's not even funny. So is it worth going a list? Honestly? no. Just kill your profile and create a new user name.

I don't have a face book, and don't want one. I'm curious, don't people "stalk" others on that site? I heard it is a big problem. I'm also told by my kids that people invent "Alter Egos" instead of using their real names. Which name do you use, or do you use your own?"

quade

***The only reason I have a Facebook account is because I needed to keep tabs on my kids when they were teens. They couldn't have an account unless I was a friend.

Then you might want to sit down. I'm going to tell you something rather disturbing about Facebook.

The VAST majority of kids have two accounts; one for their parents to look at, and another for their real use.

Yes, a co-worker did exactly what OWC6 did, with his daughter. He couldn't figure out why her FB page never changed...until two weeks later when her older brother ratted her out.:D
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

I started using it much more when I was in the military as a way of keeping up with what was going on with friends/family while I was deployed.

Just last week I got a friend request from a name I hadn't seen in over 10 years and it was someone I used to work with that I had always wondered where she ended up.

There's also some great resources available for education, for instance I'm a member of several private pilot groups where people post their questions about flight training, aircraft, 'what if' scenarios, etc... Pilots from all over the country and several world wide, of all experience levels from student to DPE's chime in with their thoughts.
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

Someone sent me a near group to join on Facebook that's ice really been enjoying. A member of the group needs to suggest you I think.

What's right in front of you.
People take pics and then post them. All g-rated. Lol but it's so neat getting glimpses of peoples lives and what they are doing at any given moment. Some amazing scenery from around the world plus just silly fun stuff. A peanut butter sandwich in the break room.
No matter how slowly you say oranges it never sounds like gullible.
Believe me I tried.

Facebook: what is something you've learned about someone friend /acquaintance on Facebook

I'm shocked by how many of my school friends turned out to be on the political right. Not just the voting republican right, but the Tea Party, bat shit crazy, conspiracy theorist right. :S

I'm also surprised by how many of them are now 200, 300, 400 lbs obese. Stunning actually. :|:(
Skydivers don't knock on Death's door. They ring the bell and runaway... It really pisses him off.
-The World Famous Tink. (I never heard of you either!!)
AA #2069 ASA#33 POPS#8808 Swooo 1717

I'm shocked by how many of my school friends turned out to be....... 200, 300, 400 lbs obese. Stunning actually.

This.

Our 40th reunion is in 3 years, and I graduated in a small town. There may not be a space that's big enough.

Don
"When in doubt I whip it out,
I got me a rock-and-roll band.
It's a free-for-all."

normiss

I see Shah hasn't changed a bit though.
Maybe more creepy even.
:)

Number 2 has had a lot of practice being creepy;)

I didnt notice any reference to women dress size, so he's refining his line of BS.

Also enjoyed his reference to the fact that he works for the military;):S.

I hope he finds another soul mate. B|
One Jump Wonder

Our 40th reunion is in 3 years....... There may not be a space that's big enough.

There wasn't a big enough place for my 30th. I can only guess what 40 will look like. :S
Skydivers don't knock on Death's door. They ring the bell and runaway... It really pisses him off.
-The World Famous Tink. (I never heard of you either!!)
AA #2069 ASA#33 POPS#8808 Swooo 1717

Tink1717

Our 40th reunion is in 3 years....... There may not be a space that's big enough.

There wasn't a big enough place for my 30th. I can only guess what 40 will look like. :S

By 40th reunions, the attendance begins to thin out other ways.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

promise5

Am I wrong to feel that I would let most of those on dizzy sleep on my couch if needed??

That better be a big couch!:o

Well I mean if you guys trust them they should be ok. :P

What makes you think any of us trust any of the others?:|
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.