promise5

Facebook

Facebook: what is something you've learned about someone friend /acquaintance on Facebook

Mine:There's a foot page that you can ask your friends to post weekly pics of their feet on.

Let me think: heck no!!!!
No matter how slowly you say oranges it never sounds like gullible.
Believe me I tried.

promise5

Facebook: what is something you've learned about someone friend /acquaintance on Facebook

Mine:There's a foot page that you can ask your friends to post weekly pics of their feet on.

I learned that my ex DID cheat on me because she has a kid now and the lil brat's age matches up perfectly when my ex went to Vegas for a "girl's night out"....and she's gained like 100 extra lbs. so i'm glad i'm not with that anymoreB|

promise5

Facebook: what is something you've learned about someone friend /acquaintance on Facebook.

I learned that a few of my home drop zone friends were bat shit crazy and not for just fun bat shit crazy like being skydivers. I mean full on ought to be locked up because they are a threat to society bat shit crazy. Like, I've really had to ask myself if a couple should be reported to the DHS/FBI because of what they write.

On the flip side, some are also far more awesome than I ever thought they could be.

I'm also jealous of a few because they're truly part of the 1% of the 1% and living the dream.

I'm also glad I'm not in the horrible position some others have found themselves in through no fault of their own.

So, the one big take away can be summed up as I tend to believe I'm closer to the middle of the bell curve than I thought.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

promise5

You see what happens when you friend Turtle?:P
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

masterrig

A cousin who I haven't seen in over forty years found me. A good surprise.
I don't really do facebook or any other 'social media' and I'm sure not going to some foot fetish page!!

Chuck

I have found several cousins... and we have a family DNA project going on to figure out some of our family lines that we hit brick walls on. I too contacted a 1st cousin who I have not seen since 1976... he just sort of disappeared and even though I tried to find him several times over the years I had no luck. Then voila.. I found him on Facebook and sent a message and 6 months later he looked in his "other" folder and found the shout out. ( stuff gets directed there if you have set fairly stringent contact criteria.) I just sent him a DNA test so now we will be able to sort out the direct male line DNA since he was the only son of an only son of an only son.

Its amazing who you find out is related thru your DNA.. I have several cousins.. somewhat distant of course, who are on Dizzy.:)

ryoder

***Facebook: what is something you've learned about someone friend /acquaintance on Facebook

I'm quite happy (and a little disappointed) that you didn't think it was me. :|
Remster

GooniesKid

I learned that my ex DID cheat on me because she has a kid now and the lil brat's age matches up perfectly when my ex went to Vegas for a "girl's night out"....and she's gained like 100 extra lbs. so i'm glad i'm not with that anymoreB|

As an aside, if you and she were together anywhere near in time to that trip, be aware the only firm proof or disproof these days is DNA testing; and in many (most?) US states there is NO statute of limitations on child support responsibility (nor is one parent's child support obligation "waivable" by the other parent, since it's an entitlement of the child, not the custodial parent).

Put more simply: if a child support claim is filed against you even many years from now, your calendar and arithmetic might be meaningless without DNA.

Amazon

***A cousin who I haven't seen in over forty years found me. A good surprise.
I don't really do facebook or any other 'social media' and I'm sure not going to some foot fetish page!!

Chuck

I have found several cousins... and we have a family DNA project going on to figure out some of our family lines that we hit brick walls on. I too contacted a 1st cousin who I have not seen since 1976... he just sort of disappeared and even though I tried to find him several times over the years I had no luck. Then voila.. I found him on Facebook and sent a message and 6 months later he looked in his "other" folder and found the shout out. ( stuff gets directed there if you have set fairly stringent contact criteria.) I just sent him a DNA test so now we will be able to sort out the direct male line DNA since he was the only son of an only son of an only son.

Its amazing who you find out is related thru your DNA.. I have several cousins.. somewhat distant of course, who are on Dizzy.:)

I am in touch with my two 1st cousins (really the only family of my generation I have beyond my nuclear family) after 30+ years of not knowing anything about them. I think they found and friended me. I had made a couple of attempts over the years to find them without success.
"What if there were no hypothetical questions?"

promise5

Asking my friends for pics of their feet every week? Sheesh!!!

Asking for foot pics more than once a month is just plain tacky.

Remster

******Facebook: what is something you've learned about someone friend /acquaintance on Facebook

I'm quite happy (and a little disappointed) that you didn't think it was me. :|

Well, she made no mention of latex.:P
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Andy9o8

***I learned that my ex DID cheat on me because she has a kid now and the lil brat's age matches up perfectly when my ex went to Vegas for a "girl's night out"....and she's gained like 100 extra lbs. so i'm glad i'm not with that anymoreB|

As an aside, if you and she were together anywhere near in time to that trip, be aware the only firm proof or disproof these days is DNA testing; and in many (most?) US states there is NO statute of limitations on child support responsibility (nor is one parent's child support obligation "waivable" by the other parent, since it's an entitlement of the child, not the custodial parent).

Put more simply: if a child support claim is filed against you even many years from now, your calendar and arithmetic might be meaningless without DNA.

Wait a sec..the lil brat doesn't even look like me (or so i think or want to believe). So even based on looks and my estimated arithmetic what you're saying is the only true way is DNA. Even if the lil brat has blue eyes and I have brown eyes? Just by sheer appearance there is now way we can be related.

Facebook is good for establishing/maintaining some sort of connection with family, friends and colleagues. But it is totally annoying with the daily "Look what I did today" bombardments. I am sure someone's dog is happy that they took it for a walk today, but I could care less about such trivial matters. Plus you likely wouldn't want to see pictures of my feet. I don't think they are bad or particularly ugly feet. But they are just feet. There is nothing special about them except to say they still work.

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

Yes, DNA is the only way.

Technically, eye color consists of more than one gene and can be a recessive trait. Therefore you and your ex may carry the blue eye gene (but not have blue eyes). The reality is there are several genes in play when it comes to eye color.

DNA testing is the only way, but if you FEEL you are not the father and the ex also FEELS you are not the father.... that's a pretty good clue.

My experience -- molecular biologist, former Forensic DNA analyst.
We came here to eat donuts and kick ass, looks like there aren't any donuts.....

I found out that the more beautiful a woman is, the crazier she is.

The women who post endless selfies (which are no doubt beautiful) usually follow with endless couple photos showing how happy they are, then breakup memes and stories of disaster relationships.

It's kind of funny.... It makes me feel good for the fact that's not me.

What I learned about myself? I tend to keep a very positive Facebook image (after all I am a badass skydiver) even when I am in a terrible slump. There are maybe five people in this world with whom I am comfortable sharing my troubles.

So if your Facebook says you are happy.... I don't necessarily believe it until I see you face to face....
We came here to eat donuts and kick ass, looks like there aren't any donuts.....

AirPork

Yes, DNA is the only way.

Technically, eye color consists of more than one gene and can be a recessive trait. Therefore you and your ex may carry the blue eye gene (but not have blue eyes). The reality is there are several genes in play when it comes to eye color.

DNA testing is the only way, but if you FEEL you are not the father and the ex also FEELS you are not the father.... that's a pretty good clue.

Ok cool..that's good to know. I have a 99% FEELING that the kid is definitely not mine...and if my ex wanted to get me to pay some child support it would have happened by now right? I mean, that was 6 years ago, so if she wanted to really come after me she would have done so already..that's my thinking.

But if in the future she wanted to contest it and do a DNA testing i'll be more than happy to donate sperm for it.

GooniesKid

***Yes, DNA is the only way.

Ok cool..that's good to know. I have a 99% FEELING that the kid is definitely not mine...and if my ex wanted to get me to pay some child support it would have happened by now right? I mean, that was 6 years ago, so if she wanted to really come after me she would have done so already..that's my thinking.

But if in the future she wanted to contest it and do a DNA testing i'll be more than happy to donate sperm for it.

It is possible that you have already been identified and the window for contesting via DNA has already passed. There are strict limits on the timeline for such things and in the event the ex doesn't have an address for you the court can declare you the father without notifying you (usually some sort of "public notice" must be put in the Newspaper.
"What if there were no hypothetical questions?"

Sorry to sound like a broken record as many times as I've posted this to people, but....

The laws vary greatly from one state to another. YOU really need have a live sit-down with a lawyer in your state (who, in turn, may need to research the laws of one or more other states, depending on all sorts of factual variables...) - sooner rather than later - in order to reliably understand what applies to you in your particular situation. Yes, it will probably cost a consultation fee, but considering what's at stake, it's the first step of the mature and responsible thing to do.