BaronVonBoll

heading to Houston

airtwardo

************I think they were referring to the city, not the DZ.

Exactly! It was a little tongue-in-cheek wise crack about the state of Texas. I guess I should have put a :P instead of a :ph34r:.

We're not a state! :P

Whats with the "We're"... you are a carpet baggin Yankee that got to Tejas by way of California...

:ph34r:

Cubs hat gave it away huh? ;)

CUBS!!!!!!! and I thought you were an alright kinda guy. GO CARDS!!!
Missed you when I was at Spaceland.
Anyone going to Lost Prairie? I'll be there.
"...And once you're gone, you can't come back
When you're out of the blue and into the black."
Neil Young

wmw999

Humidity is good. Means you don't wrinkle as you age; you just mildew. Keep you looking young.

Wendy P.

damn ain't working for me :( so instead of "wind chill"
we get "real feel" which is s'posed to be 109 today :S
You can't be drunk all day if you don't start early!

Remster

we get "real feel" which is s'posed to be 109 today

Ha. That's our base. :ph34r:;)

Seriously, I'd rather our dry-ish heat than your guys' humidity. Pass.

the humidity does add another level of hell

JohnMitchell

We're in the low 70's today. On the downside though, it's pretty cloudy til noon. :)

I'll see how you are doing in January :P
I have been in Florida since '83 I can stand the heat a lot easier than the cold now

Rick

We're in the low 70's today. On the downside though, it's pretty cloudy til noon. :)

I'll see how you are doing in January :P
I have been in Florida since '83 I can stand the heat a lot easier than the cold now

^What he said!

I'm not a water guy (beaches and all), so AZ is perfect. But yeah, I don't miss the Montreal winters AT ALL! :D
Remster

BaronVonBoll

What a great day. five jumps could easily been seven. didn't get turned down for a jump all day. (happens a lot ay mile high) even helped someone get their scr and scs. wow great weather great people and a hell of a lot of fun. Thank Airtwardo for the recommendation.

I wish I was there to share the air!
I'm in the land of Lincoln this week... Cool but windy, Summerfest is a blow out but not the way we hoped.

And yeah I really like spaceland - good peeps, good aircraft, no waiting around... They just drag another otter or two out when it gets busy!

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

JohnMitchell

That was last week, good weather.

Now we're experiencing a major heat event. Will break a record for the number of consecutive days over 80.B|

No clouds or rain in the forecast. B|

Whine whine whine, pass the cheese.:D

Most peeps up here don't have a/c at home, when your retired that means 24/7
One Jump Wonder

Krip

No clouds or rain in the forecast. B|

Yeah, and look out yer window today. Low fog and drizzle. I was gonna go jumping today. :S>:(

Most peeps up here don't have a/c at home, when your retired that means 24/7

We don't at our new place, just box fans and one portable A/C. Got one quote for AC at about 5K but haven't ordered it yet. Do you get better deals on the off season?

JohnMitchell

Just checked the forecast for the DZ. Looks like clear and sunny this afternoon. B|

Clear and sunny here up North.... I can deal with this weather quite nicely thank you. http://www.bing.com/search?q=weather+for+98273&qs=n&form=QBLH&pq=weather+for+98273&sc=1-17&sp=-1&sk=&ghc=1&cvid=a6438f1c58844a9da6a39a53853e12c0

How many folks around the country would think they died and went to heaven if their weather was as calm and mild as ours:ph34r::ph34r:

JohnMitchell

Oh yeah. That's why I rarely go anywhere but here in the summer. Last weekend up at Mangin's DZ at Oak Harbor, surrounded by water, it was cool-ish and breezy each day. Pretty nice for the middle of summer. B|

I try to do that too.. but last year I got roped into a Dead Ancestor Hunt kind of vacation with mom thru the Carolinas in August... I thought I was gonna die damn near every day walking thru all those 200+ year old cemeteries lookin for dead relatives. I am also not a fan of running for cover from lightning. It was not even booming or raining just a little cloudy when a bolt hit about 100 foot away while we were in the oldest Cross Creek Cemetery in Fayetteville. :o

Amazon

It was not even booming or raining just a little cloudy when a bolt hit about 100 foot away while we were in the oldest Cross Creek Cemetery in Fayetteville. :o

Damn, and since you were probably the tallest thing there. . . :D

Glad it missed ya. That'd scare me out of my socks. :S

BaronVonBoll

What a great day. five jumps could easily been seven. didn't get turned down for a jump all day. (happens a lot ay mile high) even helped someone get their scr and scs. wow great weather great people and a hell of a lot of fun. Thank Airtwardo for the recommendation.

Spaceland is awesome. Quick loads, lots of friendly folks to jump with and high altitude on most loads.

Is Longmont any faster now that they stole Arizona's Otter? I was there a couple weekends ago but they were only running the purple Otter and King Air.