Nataly

Behold, our new cat!!!

Opie

I haven't tried to pet him yet because once or twice he really hissed like he was going to attack, so I figure he'll at some point request some cuddles if/when he wants them.

Hope springs eternal :)

We had supper with my bf's parents and when we came home he rushed to greet us and rubbed up against us and rolled onto his back in front of us!!! It was so great - especially since he spent almost all day under the bed... :)
"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse."
- Chris Hadfield
« Sors le martinet et flagelle toi indigne contrôleuse de gestion. »
- my boss

Nataly

I haven't tried to pet him yet because once or twice he really hissed like he was going to attack, so I figure he'll at some point request some cuddles if/when he wants them.

Hope springs eternal :)

We had supper with my bf's parents and when we came home he rushed to greet us and rubbed up against us and rolled onto his back in front of us!!! It was so great - especially since he spent almost all day under the bed... :)
It's a hard thing to have more patience that the cat, but the rewards are great!
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

oldwomanc6

It's a hard thing to have more patience that the cat, but the rewards are great!

I'm so glad we did leave him alone - he is full of cuddles and purring like a mad-cat today and this is only day 3 :)
He peed and pooped and is walking around freely - he seems pretty well adapted already :)
- Chris Hadfield
- my boss

[Bump!!]

Well, it's been an eventful few weeks...

First 2 days - we thought we might have adopted a feral cat... Lots of growling and hissing and clawed paws swiping at us whenever we got near its hiding place (our bed).

Then on the second evening he came out to greet us and was a ball of purrrs :)
We took him to the vet, who said he needed to start vaccinating him all over because there was a too-long gap between his previous injections. He got the needle and a pill shoved down his throat but was still purrrrring like mad throughout!! So sweet!

Unfortunately, Leo was puking almost every day, and last Friday he puked 4 times within 24 hours... Took him to the vet and he is now on medication... Some little pills twice per day for 20 days, and some HUGEASS capsules once per day for 10 days... Can't even mix it with his food because he is on a strict diet (of dry food) due to his stomach upset... So he gnawed at me a little the first day but now is taking it all in stride. He's such a good cat!!

Heck... If you starved me for a day and then shoved medication down my throat twice per day, I'd get my claws out and bite the hell out of you - I would NOT look adoringly into your eyes and purrrrrrrr!!! :D:D:D

- Chris Hadfield
- my boss

Nataly

Heck... If you starved me for a day and then shoved medication down my throat twice per day, I'd get my claws out and bite the hell out of you - I would NOT look adoringly into your eyes and purrrrrrrr!!! :D:D:D

This might be of help . . .
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

turtlespeed

This might be of help . . .

NOTE - I think I may have reported your post as spam... Please ignore my fat finger syndrome...

I laughed at this, although Leo is taking the meds very well... He was chewing my finger a little the first day but he then decided just to pretend to eat it and drop it 20 seconds later... Now he is either eating them or spitting them where I can't find them... But it seems like he is swallowing and he is puking a lot less... No puking at all would be more reassuring, though the vet did say to wait at least 10 days before getting worried...
- Chris Hadfield
- my boss

hahaha... we just travel cross country to move my GF and her/our cat from CO to WV for grad school. The DD cat did not want to take the Zanex she was prescribed but we got it in her. Noodly cat made the trip very well. cleaning herself and my feet for 1500 miles.

ryoder

Must be a pretty smart cat if it was accepted to grad school!:o

GF is very smart. They are paying hurt to get a masters in paracitology. I need a sugar mama.

The cat is literally developmentally disabled. poops in her box and eats her food, but that's about it. Needs help cleaning herself and doing cat things. Sickly kitten, limited o2 to the brain, etc. She had my fighter jet cat to take care of her for 4 years. We will see if she can survive alone. I have faith that she will. Seems to be acclimating ok.

-SPACE-

JohnMitchell

***he uses a human toilet...

$20 if he can teach our cat that trick. :D

I'll throw in another $20 for the instructions.

Over the years, I taught my cats some tricks: Sit, and fetch for a couple, but pee in the toilet wasn't one of them. :(
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

Toilet training a cat is a cool idea but not all it is cracked up to be. My friend's cat was toilet trained and any "basin" was fair game -toilet, kitchen sink, bathtub............. Yuk!

Plus, I personally don't want to share my toilet with my cats and I don't like the idea of leaving the seat or lid up 24/7 for them. We eliminated the toilet seat argument by leaving the lid down when not in use! I would have to re-train my SO in addition to my cats! :D