Nataly

Behold, our new cat!!!

He sleeps on his back, he stands on his hind legs, he uses a human toilet... This is one cute cat!!! One year old Scottish Fold - his name is Leo. He is SOOOOO cute :)
Brought him home about 10 hours ago. He is a little stressed right now and seems to think the entire bedroom is HIS. We have mostly let him explore/discover his new home without approaching him too much. I reckon he will come to us when he feels up to it.

Love love love him :)
"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse."
- Chris Hadfield
« Sors le martinet et flagelle toi indigne contrôleuse de gestion. »
- my boss

Yep, just let him explore and hide at his own pace. As long as his food and litter box are in obvious places, he'll find them when he needs them. And he's a cat... he'll approach you when he damn well feels like it. This will not change for as long as you are his staff. :D:D

"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

I think the folds are the cutest.

Give him a few days. It's ok to talk to him, feed him, approach him slowly, etc. He'll settle in. Don't be surprised if it takes a good week or even more. He'll come around.

Congratulations.

David
I know it just wouldnt be right to kill all the stupid people that we meet..

But do you think it would be appropriate to just remove all of the warning labels and let nature take its course.

davjohns

I think the folds are the cutest.

Give him a few days. It's ok to talk to him, feed him, approach him slowly, etc. He'll settle in. Don't be surprised if it takes a good week or even more. He'll come around.

Congratulations.

David

Yep. When he got here, he seemed very calm and relaxed. We put him downstairs and just observed him from a distance (upstairs). Then he hid under the bed. Then he started nipping out. Then when I went to use the toilet he hissed at me and came out from under the bed to attack my foot... Now my bf is snoring beside me and I'm on the iPad and the cat is quiet as a mouse (and still under the bed)!

I think he will be fine... We put some of his stuff here and there in the appartment so he would recognise his things and his scent... He drank and he ate, so I just think he is in unfamiliar territory with unfamiliar people... But I don't think he is traumatised (yet!).
- Chris Hadfield
- my boss

But I don't think he is traumatised (yet!).

Sounds pretty normal and like he's doing just fine. He just needs to get used to it and realize it's his place.

My boys adjusted pretty easily. Franklin I've had since he was a kitten, so he adjusted quickly at that age. He and Daisy grew up together till she passed away from kidney disease at age 2, then Franklin was an only cat for another 3+ years.

Franklin's also moved with me twice - once into a temporary apartment for a month when I first moved to California, then to the apartment where I've lived since then. Both times, the move itself was pretty much a non-issue; the worst part was the car ride between locations. He spent a few minutes checking out the new space, found his stuff, and was pretty much fine after that.

When I brought Pin in about 2 years ago (he was about 4 at the time), Franklin was pretty "meh" about it for a while, and actually let Pin do his thing and get comfortable without harassing him at all. For the first 3-4 days, "his thing" was to hide behind the couch, or under the beds, or in the closet, pretty much all the time. I knew he was eating and using the box, though, because there was an increase in both consumption and "deposits."

But gradually he'd start spending more and more time out and about, and pretty soon he was spending pretty much all of his time out in the world. He's the biggest cuddler there is, a total attention whore, and loves to follow me all around the apartment. He still likes to hide from time to time, but usually it's only when something like fireworks or a vacuum cleaner has scared him. :D
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Thanks for that :)
We were worried he was not going to let us near the bed but he just ate and drank a bit and just now went upstairs for more exploring (he hadn't been upstairs yet). Not hearing any crashes or anything - so far so good :)
ETA - oh how cute - he is lying down on the top step and looks like he's getting to sleep. My god he's so cute I could just gobble him up :D:D:D:|

- Chris Hadfield
- my boss

Nataly

***I think the folds are the cutest.

Congratulations.

David

Yep. When he got here, he seemed very calm and relaxed. We put him downstairs and just observed him from a distance (upstairs). Then he hid under the bed. Then he started nipping out. Then when I went to use the toilet he hissed at me and came out from under the bed to attack my foot... Now my bf is snoring beside me and I'm on the iPad and the cat is quiet as a mouse (and still under the bed)!

I think he will be fine... We put some of his stuff here and there in the appartment so he would recognise his things and his scent... He drank and he ate, so I just think he is in unfamiliar territory with unfamiliar people... But I don't think he is traumatised (yet!).

He is lulling you into a false sense of security.... and just waiting for you to drift off to sleep... then he will hatch his evil plan.

Amazon

He is lulling you into a false sense of security.... and just waiting for you to drift off to sleep... then he will hatch his evil plan.

:D:D:D Well he *is* looking at us like "WTF are you two doing in MY appartment??!" >:(>:(

Hmmm... :|
- Chris Hadfield
- my boss

What a cutie! I'm sure he will settle down in a few days. I bet you'll really enjoy his company.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

I adopted a pair of kittens 2 weeks ago. The female (black one) wanted absolutely nothing to do with the male (the grey one). She's finally coming around to him and they've become best friends and keep each other entertained.

The black one is Nimbus, dark and angry. The grey one is Stratus, grey and white stripes.
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

Nataly

***He is lulling you into a false sense of security.... and just waiting for you to drift off to sleep... then he will hatch his evil plan.

:D:D:D Well he *is* looking at us like "WTF are you two doing in MY appartment??!" >:(>:(

Hmmm... :|

You do know how this whole scheme works, don't you?

If not, you too,shall soon be schooled. >:(

:ph34r:

Just drink the Kool Aid and get it over.

You'll make his life so much easier.

We make great pets!
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

Nataly

He sleeps on his back, he stands on his hind legs, he uses a human toilet... This is one cute cat!!! One year old Scottish Fold - his name is Leo. He is SOOOOO cute :)
Brought him home about 10 hours ago. He is a little stressed right now and seems to think the entire bedroom is HIS. We have mostly let him explore/discover his new home without approaching him too much. I reckon he will come to us when he feels up to it.

Love love love him :)

Samba the Bengal kitten says hello! (She's totally not a kitten anymore, this pic is like 3 years old but still cracks me up, it's from her first or second day with us)
cavete terrae.

Nataly

... and seems to think the entire bedroom is HIS.

Ummm... because it IS. As is the remainder of the apartment! B|:D

Congrats on the new addition! Just talk to him as if you don't care whether he comes to you or not. Once he feels like the pressure is off, he'll start coming to you and checking you out, too.

And Capt. Jack Sparrow sends a message for Leo also. "Get over it, and let the humans do their jobs!" ;)
See the upside, and always wear your parachute! -- Christopher Titus

Shut Up & Jump!

cjsgrlsx3

He uses a human toilet?! Wow! He is a cutie for sure!

His previous bringers-of-food managed to toilet-train him with a special kit. He has found our toilet (with his special lid) but has not used it yet. We also have a litter box just in case but he hasn't used that yet either.

This morning he has been growling at me, but he has still followed me around everywhere and rubbed up against my legs (growling and hissing at the same time!!)

I haven't tried to pet him yet because once or twice he really hissed like he was going to attack, so I figure he'll at some point request some cuddles if/when he wants them.
- Chris Hadfield
- my boss

Nataly

***He uses a human toilet?! Wow! He is a cutie for sure!

His previous bringers-of-food managed to toilet-train him with a special kit. He has found our toilet (with his special lid) but has not used it yet. We also have a litter box just in case but he hasn't used that yet either.

This morning he has been growling at me, but he has still followed me around everywhere and rubbed up against my legs (growling and hissing at the same time!!)

I haven't tried to pet him yet because once or twice he really hissed like he was going to attack, so I figure he'll at some point request some cuddles if/when he wants them.

Multiple personality disorder all at once.

Who'd have thunk it.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun