rwieder

RIP: Robin Williams, Story Attached

airdvr

******I'm starting to get tired of the way the media romanticizes these folks after they are gone. Robin Williams was great...and an asshole. It's a chickenshit thing to do to your family and friends.

I don't think that's fair. It's his life, what he chooses to do with it is his business as long as he doesn't affect the health, liberty or property of someone else in the process.

Frankly, I think insulting someone who did something like this only encourages it more, because it's a de facto admission that his life was only worth living to make other people happy. Why the hell would anyone want that?

You think it makes people want to do it more than romanticizing his life and making him into some sort of hero? Three children and a wife might have something different to say.

Romanticizing? Are you disregarding the fact that his comedy and life has been a part of and influenced, and made millions of people around the World happy? I wouldn't use the word "hero" but I would certainly say that his death is something that touches a lot of people. I'm not losing sleep over it but I think it's very sad and he will be missed.

He was interviewed recently about getting back into TV and movies or tour doing stand-up out of necessity since he lost a lot of money in his 2 divorces. His TV show on CBS was cancelled earlier this year and he's had issues with alcohol for a long time.

I didn't know much at all about him and his marriages until I read up on him. Married his 1st wife in the 80's, got caught having affair with a waitress (who sued him for giving her herpes), got divorced, got married again (to his son's nanny who was pregnant), then divorced again in 2008.

He said in an interview last year he could no longer afford his ranch http://www.trulia.com/property/3068602901-1100-Wall-Rd-Napa-CA-94558 in Napa and had to list it for sale. It was listed for $35,000,000 in 2012 and is now listed for $30,000,000. Surely he has a good chunk of equity in it (probably around $8,000,000-10,000,000) but those mortgage payments must be ridiculous ($150,000 a month).

Here's his house he lived in this year http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/2440-Paradise-Dr-Belvedere-Tiburon-CA-94920/19267969_zpid/. Pretty modest at 2600 square feet, even though it's worth a lot due to the location.

Sadly, I think issues with $ drove him to suicide. RIP.