hcsvader

Bike crash ninja

quade

I can't help thinking this has somehow been faked ...

You are correct. It is fake. The whole stunt was filmed in reverse. In actuality, he did a back flip off the car onto the bike. Anybody can do that. ;)
Peace,
-Dawson.
http://www.SansSuit.com
The Society for the Advancement of Naked Skydiving

SansSuit

***I can't help thinking this has somehow been faked ...

You are correct. It is fake. The whole stunt was filmed in reverse. In actuality, he did a back flip off the car onto the bike. Anybody can do that. ;)

I was thinking more along the lines of the first half of the crash being 100% legit until we see the motorcycle driver fly over the handlebars at which point the driver is erased and replaced with a CGI driver doing the landing on the car rooftop. The real driver might be in a heap by the real motorcycle wreckage and we'd never know it.

The CGI part would be the trivial part. It's the compositing I'd be impressed with since it involves particulates and atmosphere, and looks very, very good . . . if fake.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Who cares if its fake or real. Its still bloody awesome.

Its like if I'm nailing some chick with smashing tits, Im not going to be disappointed if they are fake, I'm just going to enjoy the show :P

Have you seen my pants?
it"s a rough life, Livin' the dream
>:)

hcsvader

Who cares if its fake or real. Its still bloody awesome.

I don't want to get too political here, but . . .

When people can't tell the difference between fake and real, there is a serious potential problem in the world.

We're currently at the point where it's possible to completely fake quite a bit of stuff like this. Photographic evidence of an occurrence that could be used for all sorts of nefarious intent.

"Bloody awesome" or not, it's important to be able to distinguish between the two.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver