SkyDekker

Is it really necessary

JerryBaumchen

Hi Sky,

Is it really necessary

IMO, No. If I really wanted to see the actual beheading, I am very sure that within a minute or two I could find the video.

I have not seen the video; ergo, I have no interest in seeing it.

Does that answer your question?

JerryBaumchen

Actually, it is hard to find, but easy to find lots of places where it was taken down.
I think the one linked here has been edited.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Are you referencing some ad that appears on this website that has a link to the video? or are you referencing someone who posted a URL to the video? If it's an ad you are referencing, I am afraid that is all your doing. If it's an ad, it's because you frequent certain sites that says you might be interested in this sort of material. Presently the ads I see here when I enter the DorkZone are ads for ParaGear, ads for GoPro cameras and some sort of HD, untethered camera ad (which I couldn't be bothered to click on). Now if you are referencing a URL that someone posted. WTF ... you are free to not click it, and if you did accidentally click it by mistake, you are free to close the page at any time. Nobody is forcing you to watch something you don't want to watch.

I haven't seen the video, I have little desire to watch it. But I sure as heck do not think anyone other than myself should be deciding what I do and do not watch. Why the call for censorship? We're not children.

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

skyjumpenfool

***For this forum to host a link to the beheading of a US journalist?

It's still my choice to click on those links....or not. Censorship is a slippery slope. :|

If you are talking about government, then you're right.
If you're talking about what is appropriate on a private web site, then you're less right.
If you're talking about a post someone makes without an appropriate trigger warning (NSFW, etc.), then you're also less right.

Nobody here is saying a person can't do this, but there are ways to do it that are appropriate and inappropriate especially given the nature of a particular thread in a particular forum.

In SC with full trigger warnings in place, maybe not so bad.
In Bonfire in what is normally a "boobies" thread with less than full disclosure . . . not really a classy move.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

The link was posted in a thread titled "sick and twisted and/or NSFW photo attachment thread".
The link was posted with the "NSFW" warning turned on.
The link was introduced with a description of exactly what the video contained.

Every fair warning possible was given.

If you don't want to see sick stuff, don't go to a "sick" thread, ignore "NSFW" warnings, and open videos with grisly descriptions.

This reminds me of the lady in Colorado who moved in next to the airport and drop zone and now complains about the noise from airplanes.

Woofie

This reminds me of the lady in Colorado who moved in next to the airport and drop zone and now complains about the noise from airplanes.

One more time:
She does not live next to the airport;
She lives six miles away.
And she has also complained about a/c operating out of Centennial Airport, thirty miles away.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

quade

Still, not exactly a classy move.

We all agree... Gibbs complaints are not "classy".

I get what your saying Quade, but your conditions do not apply here. I skipped that link. That was my choice. I would not post or repost that link, that also would be my choice. Forum Mods can remove the link, that would be their choice. :)
Birdshit & Fools Productions

"Son, only two things fall from the sky."

quade

Still, not exactly a classy move.

That entire thread is not about class, it's about anti-class. There's all kinds of non-classy stuff in there. That's the designated place for it, from what I gather, to keep it isolated so that it's not spread all over. Complaining about lack of class in a thread designed for non-classy stuff, is kind of ridiculous. If you don't want to see gross stuff, don't go there. If you don't want to see DB Cooper discussions, don't go to that thread. If you don't want to participate in political discussions, don't go to Speaker's Corner. And so on...

Apparently it's not against the rules, or it would have been removed by now. Would you prefer it be posted in Speaker's Corner instead, as a political discussion about how evil those terrorists are?

I would prefer all sorts of things.

I would prefer a good scotch to skunk piss beer.
I would prefer to look at pretty woman than a fat hobo.
I would prefer drunks who are tossed out of bars to stay out.

When the fat hobo drunks wander back into the bar and spills my scotch I tend to get a little testy at their lack of class and respect for the establishment.

When they go on to tell me they are somehow entitled to do this or that, here or there, they can pretty well go stuff themselves.

Some people never learn.

Cya.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver