BillyVance

AC/DC 1973-2014 The end of an era

PLFKING

And...damn it. I never got a chance to see them live.

They killed the two times I saw them.

I feel your pain....I feel the same way about the two opportunities I had to see the original Skynyrd.......but I thought I'd have plenty of time, you know ? Now, I'd trade ALL the Boston concerts, and probably half of the BOCs, Nugent, Seeger, and Stones gigs I've been to, to hear RVZ live just once.

Don

I saw Lynryd Skynyrd once, but they were much older. About a decade ago on the University of Alabama campus on homecoming weekend on the Quad. There were people EVERYWHERE so I didn't really get to see them up close.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

I saw Lynryd Skynyrd once, but they were much older.

Faux Skynyrd. :)
I did see two shows during the "Southern by the Grace of God" tour in the late 80s. They still had Rossington, Wilkeson, Powell, Pyle, and Ed King, so I guess I shouldn't complain TOO much.

Don
"When in doubt I whip it out,
I got me a rock-and-roll band.
It's a free-for-all."

PLFKING

I saw Lynryd Skynyrd once, but they were much older.

Faux Skynyrd. :)
I did see two shows during the "Southern by the Grace of God" tour in the late 80s. They still had Rossington, Wilkeson, Powell, Pyle, and Ed King, so I guess I shouldn't complain TOO much.

Don

Yeah, IIRC they only have 1 or 2 of the original members of the band, and the rest were killed in a plane crash?
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Yeah, IIRC they only have 1 or 2 of the original members of the band, and the rest were killed in a plane crash?

Yep, their DC3 ran out of gas over McComb, MS flying into Baton Rouge, LA. I was a senior in high school, and that night was the prom. I remember every one debating whether they were going to the prom or to see Skynyrd. I didn't really start listening to them until later that year. And they were all I listened to for about 3 years. Used to know every word to every song. Fantastic music. They lost me at Street Survivors. Wasn't the same band after that, IMO.
We are all engines of karma

Sort of. It wasn't a DC-3, it was a Convair.

And Steve Gaines and Ronnie Van Zant (along with Cassie Gaines and a couple others) were the only members killed.

There were five of the original members left when they came back in 87. Allen Collins was in a wheelchair by then (car crash) and didn't participate.

Time has taken it's toll, however, and between deaths and departures, Gary Rossington is the only original member left.

Wiki Clicki
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo