skymama

2014 Toy Hall of Fame Finalists

Should have set your poll for multiple choices then. :|:P

I'd go with the green soldiers and the rubik's cube. But still some other good choices...

"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Flammable liquids did seem to greatly enhance the level of enjoyment while playing with "army men" - as did your small to mid-level firecrackers, I always thought that the smell of burning liquids and gun powder created a sense of realism.

On an average day, we used rubber bands.

I would certainly add Hot Wheels as an honorable mention.

jackwallace

PLEASE!!. You don't even have the best toy ever listed. A card board box.

Oh yeah, the kind you got when your parents got a new fridge. B|B| A fort, a castle, a pirate ship.

My friends and I must have folded and flown a zillion paper airplanes when I was a kid. I loved things that flew long before I jumped out of them. Of course, our toys included kites, wind up balsa planes, and later, real model airplanes, rockets, etc. Ahh, the joys of childhood. :)

When we moved when I was 5, they packed the appliances into wooden crates. We got to keep one for a clubhouse. Truisms when I say it's cooler than a cardboard box (but not always as cool as getting to turn the kitchen chairs upside down with a sheet over them)

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

The best toy ever was the tennis-ball cannons we used to make, until someone wised up and started making the containers out of plastic.

How many of you remember the original Mr. Potato Head ? My mom's biggest peeve was finding rotting vegetables in the toybox. :)

Don

"When in doubt I whip it out,
I got me a rock-and-roll band.
It's a free-for-all."

wmw999

When we moved when I was 5, they packed the appliances into wooden crates. We got to keep one for a clubhouse. Truisms when I say it's cooler than a cardboard box (but not always as cool as getting to turn the kitchen chairs upside down with a sheet over them)

Wendy P.

But you can't go "card boardin' " in a wooden crate. For those of you childin's that ain't done it. Card boardin is like sledding only on grass in a piece of the fridge box after you've used it for all the other things you can think of.
U only make 2 jumps: the first one for some weird reason and the last one that you lived through. The rest are just filler.
scr 316

skymama

So many good ones, it's so hard to pick favorites! Two finalists will make it into the Hall of Fame. Which ones do you think should win? List of Toys here.

Sorry Your Hotness, [:/]

[url http://www.amazon.com/Pocket-Exotic-Double-Bullet-Vibrator/dp/B000278S2II have to go with this . . . [/url]
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun