Nataly

How do you find a stolen motorcycle?

How does whatever group you register your vehicles work over there? It's the DMV here, might be the MOT or similar over there.

Do you have the title in hand for it? Did the seller sign it over to you? Did you register it in your name?
Over here, if the title has been transferred to you, anyone the thief resells it to won't be able to obtain the title. It would show as yours, and the transfer wouldn't work.

Again, France isn't the US and I don't know how things work over there.
But here in the US, if you can show that it's your bike, with proof like a title; and can find the bike, like at the sellers house; then you just call the cops, get one to come with you, show up and say "Hey! That's MINE! You sold it to me. Here's proof (show title)." The cop then says "Give her the bike." Charges may or may not be filed. But you'd have your bike back.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

wolfriverjoe

How does whatever group you register your vehicles work over there? It's the DMV here, might be the MOT or similar over there.

Do you have the title in hand for it? Did the seller sign it over to you? Did you register it in your name?
Over here, if the title has been transferred to you, anyone the thief resells it to won't be able to obtain the title. It would show as yours, and the transfer wouldn't work.

Again, France isn't the US and I don't know how things work over there.
But here in the US, if you can show that it's your bike, with proof like a title; and can find the bike, like at the sellers house; then you just call the cops, get one to come with you, show up and say "Hey! That's MINE! You sold it to me. Here's proof (show title)." The cop then says "Give her the bike." Charges may or may not be filed. But you'd have your bike back.

I'm not a police person , a lawyer or a thief. Trust me:S

But I think some of that is a bluff. The cops can ask for permission to enter the house. But we don't have to grant it. They need a search warrant, then they don't have to ask.

There's also something about if the residence is occupied by more than one resident in the residence the police can ask who owns the bike. If no one steps forward the police have to be able to prove who that specific resident is.

A lot of time at least where I live, the police don't have the resources to investigate, any but the most serious crimes.

Most of the cops are real nice people:) but after the first time, I won't let them inside my house or on my property again if I don't have to. I'll meet them out side but not inside., I haven't washed the dishes in the sink and I'd be to embarrassed:$
One Jump Wonder

Nataly

***Hi Natalie

Any progress?

'Fraid not [:/]

But it's kind of you to ask.
Just how big an o'l boy is this seller?
I gots me a 55 gallon drum o' whoop ass.
Just how big a boy is he?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

turtlespeed

******Hi Natalie

Any progress?

'Fraid not [:/]

But it's kind of you to ask.
Just how big an o'l boy is this seller?
I gots me a 55 gallon drum o' whoop ass.
Just how big a boy is he?

I'm sure *I* could take him but there are three reasons why I won't:

1. I'm not even certain it's him
2. Even if it is, he could be part of a big network
3. He knows where *I* live
"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse."
- Chris Hadfield
« Sors le martinet et flagelle toi indigne contrôleuse de gestion. »
- my boss