Nataly

How do you find a stolen motorcycle?

Don't take this the wrong way.... and I have ran my fair share of tires past that but usually on ultra classics rather than sport bikes..., bu that is not the proper tire for your riding style. Get a dual compound or just go straight firmer compound. You don't need a soft tire.
That spot isn't bad at all, the winds were strong and that was the issue! It was just on the downwind side.

craddock

Don't take this the wrong way.... and I have ran my fair share of tires past that but usually on ultra classics rather than sport bikes..., bu that is not the proper tire for your riding style. Get a dual compound or just go straight firmer compound. You don't need a soft tire.

It is the OEM tire that came on the bike new (Dunlop Sportmax D221).
That tire is apparently not even sold in the US.
So I ordered Dunlops's recommendation for an alternative (Sportmax Roadsmart II) which is a dual compound.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Nataly

Here the cops are obliged to take a report but the report I read when I came home is totally full of mistakes. Wrong day for the incident, wrong place where it was parked, the description for the bike didn't even include the colour... So they might as well not have taken the report at all...

Hey, I think that was the same cop that investigated my last accident.>:(
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

ryoder

Well, Nat's motorcycle problem certainly makes my latest bike problem seem trivial. I came back from cycling yesterday, opened the garage door, and this caught my eye.

How many miles on that tire :o. Did it come with the bike oem.

I'm carefull with my $$.

Used to pencil pack my reserve without a problem. USPA is to busy to fall in line with the rest of the world. Fine:ph34r:

But I refuse to drive on well used tires. I drive to fast for a catastrophic blowout and trying to keep it on the pavement.Got 65k miles on the X boss' s tires. They had at least 2 k left:)
But the X boss decided to split with the fur baby's, on a 4 k mile trip so I maybe in trouble[:/] leaving after 42 yrs meh, But taking the fur baby's with her was a low blow. Oops just found her cell phone.[:/] Interesting.

Whine whine past the cheese.

Paid $600 for another set of 60 k new tires for a car with 100k miles on it. The damn tires just keep on wearing out. Go figure:o

The fur baby's are worth it. Even if one is terminal and I might never see him again.:( in the spirit of this thread, how do you find a missing spouse with our two fur babies.

Not asking for lawyer input or advise. It is what it is and it will be what it will be.

BTW The oem tires only lasted 35 k miles.[:/] But they came with the new car 11 yrs ago so they were sort of free.:D

Time to take a nap.
One Jump Wonder

Well, a friend of mine called the previous owner and asked if the Triumph was still for sale - and he answered "no, sorry I am selling it this weekend"

So it would seem the rat-bastard is trying to re-sell the bike!!

Alerted the police and they are tracking down the phone number.
"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse."
- Chris Hadfield
« Sors le martinet et flagelle toi indigne contrôleuse de gestion. »
- my boss

I know this doens't help you but it's so timely I can't stop laughing!

2 days after my post, over a yeah and a half since it was stolen… they found my bike :D:D Granted it belongs to the insurance company now, but my name was on the police report that they matched it to. 3 weeks before I move back to the US… sheesh :D

cavete terrae.

Nataly

Well, a friend of mine called the previous owner and asked if the Triumph was still for sale - and he answered "no, sorry I am selling it this weekend"

So it would seem the rat-bastard is trying to re-sell the bike!!

Alerted the police and they are tracking down the phone number.

BingoB|B|

Rat bastard sounds rather harsh. Maybe the dude just had a brain fart[:/]

A smart lawyer could get the confused dude off in the U.S. with a lot of work.aka plea deal. For a fee. :ph34r: Great job for a bully lawyer.

Lawyer revenge, their client is confused, drunk, whatever. They could get the dude a deal. But everyone knows lawyers can't afford to work for free. Money down before lay down. Or the lawyer is to busy working on a clients case that can afford to pay them up front.
One Jump Wonder

I got a snowmobile stolen last winter. I've been scouring the interweb for parts hoping to find the A$$Hat the stole it. If it shows up online, there mine!

Most bikes are stolen for parts. It was probably in pieces before you realized it was gone. [:/]

Birdshit & Fools Productions

"Son, only two things fall from the sky."

grue

I know this doens't help you but it's so timely I can't stop laughing!

2 days after my post, over a yeah and a half since it was stolen… they found my bike :D:D Granted it belongs to the insurance company now, but my name was on the police report that they matched it to. 3 weeks before I move back to the US… sheesh :D

So what happens now?? Nothing? Had your insurance paid you the value of the bike ??
- Chris Hadfield
- my boss

Nataly

***I know this doens't help you but it's so timely I can't stop laughing!

So what happens now?? Nothing? Had your insurance paid you the value of the bike ??

Yeah, the insurance company paid me out after 7 days or something like that (it's been a while), so the bike became theirs at that point. I'm sure they'll sell it cheap to someone at auction or something.
cavete terrae.

Not to hijack but as I work on a lot of sleds and am only a couple hours away from you I should know what you lost. I also have very close ties to a large salvage yard that buys lots of stuff. Did you go to HayDays?
That spot isn't bad at all, the winds were strong and that was the issue! It was just on the downwind side.

craddock

Not to hijack but as I work on a lot of sleds and am only a couple hours away from you I should know what you lost. I also have very close ties to a large salvage yard that buys lots of stuff. Did you go to HayDays?

I'll take this to PM's, but, 02 Polaris XCSP, Black w/new belly pan that has no decals. The Right lower steering link was just straightened and painted red. The color matches close, but is not perfect. I could spot the sled from 1/2 mile away. :|

Nat... sorry to hear about you lost bike. It sucks! Rest assured, Karma is alive and well. :)
Birdshit & Fools Productions

"Son, only two things fall from the sky."

kenthediver

Keep us up to date. I assume you have his address, should not be hard to arrange to get the bike back!

I have no news from the cops and I have no way of going around to the address he gave me. And the address he gave me may not be where he is actually keeping the bike. If indeed he even has it.
- Chris Hadfield
- my boss

Nataly

***Keep us up to date. I assume you have his address, should not be hard to arrange to get the bike back!

I have no news from the cops and I have no way of going around to the address he gave me. And the address he gave me may not be where he is actually keeping the bike. If indeed he even has it.

Hire a private detective if you really want to see it again, maybe . . . no guarantees even then.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

turtlespeed

******Keep us up to date. I assume you have his address, should not be hard to arrange to get the bike back!

Hire a private detective if you really want to see it again, maybe . . . no guarantees even then.

I feel so helpless - I'm currently on a company trip (back tomorrow) and it will likely be too late even if the bike really is there. I don't know for sure whether the cops are actually doing something or if they are able to act fast enough.

I'm kind of annoyed that I have gotten my hopes up. >:(
- Chris Hadfield
- my boss

Nataly

*********Keep us up to date. I assume you have his address, should not be hard to arrange to get the bike back!

I feel so helpless - I'm currently on a company trip (back tomorrow) and it will likely be too late even if the bike really is there. I don't know for sure whether the cops are actually doing something or if they are able to act fast enough.

I'm kind of annoyed that I have gotten my hopes up. >:(

I can't say that I have ANY idea how the police work over there . . . but I have seen good and bad here. if it's more than a day the percentage goes down alot, after that it drops exponetially every day.

Sorry hon, I wish I could find the guy for ya.[:/]
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

turtlespeed

I can't say that I have ANY idea how the police work over there . . . but I have seen good and bad here. if it's more than a day the percentage goes down alot, after that it drops exponetially every day.

Thanks Turtle [:/]

I think in any profession you get good people and bad people... Add to that limitations on their power to act, and what you said about chances reducing drastically by the day... Let's just say I am aware the odds are not in my favour. I had initially just thought it was gone and there was no hope, then I felt bad for not at least trying, now I feel bad for not trying soon enough and finally I am annoyed with myself for getting all worked up about it when it's so unlikely to end well...

I'm torn between doubling my efforts so at least I know I've done everything I can and just letting it go so I can move on & stop feeling so raw about it...
- Chris Hadfield
- my boss

Nataly

Thanks Turtle [:/]

I think in any profession you get good people and bad people... Add to that limitations on their power to act, and what you said about chances reducing drastically by the day... Let's just say I am aware the odds are not in my favour. I had initially just thought it was gone and there was no hope, then I felt bad for not at least trying, now I feel bad for not trying soon enough and finally I am annoyed with myself for getting all worked up about it when it's so unlikely to end well...

I'm torn between doubling my efforts so at least I know I've done everything I can and just letting it go so I can move on & stop feeling so raw about it...

My supposition is that it would be throwing money into a pit. . . maybe, as you say, you MIGHT have acted sooner . . . it might be different.

I REALLY dislike thieves.[:/]

Would your boyfriend (or anyone else close to you) be inclined to take matters into their own hands, so to speak, and visit the original seller for a little chat - man to man? >:(; and be careful what you pst here because if something does happen then suddenly the police can show intent!! [:/]

kenthediver

Would your boyfriend (or anyone else close to you) be inclined to take matters into their own hands, so to speak, and visit the original seller for a little chat - man to man? >:(; and be careful what you pst here because if something does happen then suddenly the police can show intent!! [:/]

I have specifically asked my boyfriend NOT to get involved and have deliberately not shared the details of where the guy is supposed to live.

Because we do not KNOW for sure what has happened and innocent people certainly do not deserve a good "talking to". And even if the guy is guilty as hell, we don't know if he isn't part of a bigger group of scammers and lets not forget he has MY address.

Violence is a vicious cycle - I am letting the cops deal with it.
- Chris Hadfield
- my boss