DustyP

You guys know about Plasti dip?

Plasti dip sprays on like a rattle can spray paint and peels off like a sticker. I ended up dipping my Cookie MVX in Plasti dip “Blaze Orange”. It switches it up some and I’m happy with the results. You can get it at any Ace Hardware, Lowes or Home Depot. They have a shit load of different colors and you can get custom colors on-line.

First I spray 3 base coats in matte black, then 3 coats of the blaze orange. If you don't apply it thick enough it's a pain in the ass when you peel it off.

Check it out!

Thanks for the info. Looks beautiful. Do you know how easy it is to get "arty" with that kind of paint ? Easy to do 2 colors or do you reckon the layers would show too much ? Also did you sand the layers or just go directly on top of the previous ?
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

The next layer is applied right on top of the privious layer without any sanding. You could use two colors, but you would have to stencil it out, spray it, and pull the tape before it dries. Its basically rubber paint. The activator reactivates the privious layer, and every layer is bonded to the next. If you're just doing 1 soild color; its pretty easy to get good results. I've seen some other projects where someone used the white plastidip and the airbrushed crazy ass graphics over it.

I know a few car guys who have used Plasti Dip as a "quick and dirty" alternative to powder coating wheels.

It's good at hiding little imperfections, easy to apply, and while it's not the most durable, it does hold up fairly well and is easy enough to peel and redo as needed.

I've also seen it used as a "temporary bra" on the front end to protect from rock chips.
As was said, put on a bunch of coats and it peels off easily.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

Corvette owners (and most other car types) use it regularly to change rims, badges, even smoke taillights. It gives many a chance to "test-drive" a new look with no risk and very little cost.

I came out after lunch today, and the guy behind me had Plasti-dipped his entire car.
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

It's popular with the Jeep Wrangler crowd. I covered my hinges in a contrasting color to my Jeep. One guy reported it took 13 cans to completely coat his Jeep. He can go offroad all he wants and peel it off to reveal a fresh paintjob when he goes to sell it.
I know it just wouldnt be right to kill all the stupid people that we meet..

But do you think it would be appropriate to just remove all of the warning labels and let nature take its course.

Helmet looks nice!

Plasti-dip is great for all kinds of stuff. They make an actual application system to apply the it a more "proper" way. You can buy it by the gallon and there are worlds of colors and finishes available. A buddy of mine has the system and has done several complete vehicles. Check out dipyourcar.com

Funny that Corvettes were mentioned... I have another buddy with a Z51 and he did his front lip and wheels with plasti dip. It looks great and protects the factory finish from uv and rock chips really well. But, once you get even a little hole in it, the wind and water can begin to rip it off.

Definitely nice to have a non-permanent way to test colors!
My website:
BOSSruckus.com
Instagram:
XeroFokus