NewGuy2005

The New Mazda MX5 Miata

NewGuy2005

The auto press likes it. They've just announced the power plant. What do you think?

I think without links and pictures this post is pointless.

True. Here you go…

http://www.mazdausa.com/MusaWeb/displayPage.action?pageParameter=modelsMain&vehicleCode=J12#reveal

You go right ahead . . . Not that there is anything wrong with that lifestyle.:D:D:P
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Honestly, I'm very impressed with what they've done with the Miata. It has been taken from a sissy looking compact to, what can almost be called, a sports car. Everything about this new model is worlds more impressive than what it has been. *thumbs up* Mazda!
My website:
BOSSruckus.com
Instagram:
XeroFokus

I've always liked the MX-5. It's a fantastic little roadster.

That said, I don't particularly like the styling on this one. The rear has too much Alpha / Fiat, the side looks like a Z4 without the interesting curves and the front just looks like a grinning anime character to me.

yoink

I've always liked the MX-5. It's a fantastic little roadster.

That said, I don't particularly like the styling on this one. The rear has too much Alpha / Fiat, the side looks like a Z4 without the interesting curves and the front just looks like a grinning anime character to me.

Yup...A Japanese Z4.

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

The Miata has always reminded me of one of those little LEGO cars I used to play with in the waiting room at the Doctor's office. Every doctor's office seemed to have one. The Miata comes complete with a little LEGO bald guy to sit behind the steering wheel.
I'm trying to teach myself how to set things on fire with my mind. Hey... is it hot in here?

JerryBaumchen

Hi kawi,

Slit or round....the mix of the two looks awkward.

I'm with you.

It looks like the front end guys were not talking to the rear end guys.

:P

Jerry Baumchen

Maybe they just have vastly different preferences.:o
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

turtlespeed

You go right ahead . . . Not that there is anything wrong with that lifestyle.:D:D:P

I was thinking this one looks pretty butch and I'm in the market for a new car. B|

But we already have a little, fun car. I need something with good trunk space for beer, gear, shotguns, etc. ;)

JohnMitchell

I was thinking this one looks pretty butch and I'm in the market for a new car. B|

But we already have a little, fun car. I need something with good trunk space for beer, gear, shotguns, etc. ;)

I was thinking a gun rack would work on the back of the roll bars.

NewGuy2005

I was thinking a gun rack would work on the back of the roll bars.

How many Beretta 25s do you have?

You could fit like 2 or tree if they overlap.:D

Never had a Miata but I've had a 626 since 1984. Or three of them, 84 90, and 96. Still have the 1996. Not a spot of body rust and still 32mpg since day it was new.

The only time one left me along side of the road was 30,000 miles after I was supposed to change the timing belt. Luckily it was a non interference engine at that time.:)
My only issue with Mazdas is they have always lagged behind the industry in the number of cup holders.>:(

I'm old for my age.
Terry Urban
D-8631
FAA DPRE

councilman24

Never had a Miata but I've had a 626 since 1984. Or three of them, 84 90, and 96. Still have the 1996. Not a spot of body rust and still 32mpg since day it was new.

The only time one left me along side of the road was 30,000 miles after I was supposed to change the timing belt. Luckily it was a non interference engine at that time.:)
My only issue with Mazdas is they have always lagged behind the industry in the number of cup holders.>:(

I have 3 in my Z, but only one of them is really accessible. How many do you get in the Miata?
I'm trying to teach myself how to set things on fire with my mind. Hey... is it hot in here?

I have 3 in my Z, but only one of them is really accessible. How many do you get in the Miata?

NC has 4. The 2 in the center keep you from being able to shift and the one on each door cannot hold anything larger than a beer bottle.

psw097

the one on each door cannot hold anything larger than a beer bottle.

Sounds like they made it just right.;):o

Tired of having my commuter mug tip out of those shallow cupholders when I took a fast corner, I made my own that sits on the floor, tall with a wide baseplate. It's a bit of a stretch to grab the cup ( I have long arms though) but it never spills a drop. :)

JohnnyMarko

Every time I see a guy driving a Miata, I check him out...and, every guy driving a Miata seems to check me out, too :D

I had a co-worker friend who had one for 10 years.
He recently traded it for a Nissan 300ZX.
Wait a minute...
You mean all those times we went out to lunch, and he drove, people though we were...:$
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.