theonlyski

Cisco Certified NA/NP/IE's?

I have had my CISSP for years and it was the worst test I have ever taken. Vague does not begin to describe the questions and the topics are stupid. Why would I need to know about patent law, fire extinguisher codes (ABC) and that 10Base-2 is limited to 185 meters all for the same damn test?

I have been doing day to day security for about 13 years and I hate the damn CISSP test.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

Ya know, for being as big of a company as they are, I have never once had a positive thing to say about their fucking website. I'm just trying to verify my information and change my email address... their server crashes.>:(

To all the people with higher than NA certs: I've heard quite a bit of talk that the NA is surprisingly difficult when compared to the rest of the Cisco tests, to the point that NP's and IE's have taken it and had a hard time getting past it. Does that sound about right?

"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

To all the people with higher than NA certs: I've heard quite a bit of talk that the NA is surprisingly difficult when compared to the rest of the Cisco tests, to the point that NP's and IE's have taken it and had a hard time getting past it. Does that sound about right?

No. After letting all my certs expire once, I went in and passed the CCNA w/o any studying at all. I think the "P" level exams are the toughest.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Can one of yall help me out, I think this test software is screwed up.

The "ip route" command should be:

ip route (dest net) (dest mask) (next hop)

Right? It's saying I missed part of this, but I didn't select it because there was no (dest mask) in the answer. I've never seen an ip route that didn't have this and I don't see where in the Cisco documentation that this is valid.
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly

c2811-1(config)#ip route 10.6.5.0 215.56.3.60
% Incomplete command.

c2811-1(config)#

Nuff said.

Thought so, but thought there may be some IOS out there that allows it that I've never come across. Good to know it's just the test software that got it wrong and not me.

Thanks!

I thought that perhaps three octets with a last octet of "0" might be interpreted as a /24, but obviously not.

I've seen plenty of errors in practice exams.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

I believe some had a big fat Congrats in order! ;)

About damn time dude! :)

Gimme a break, been busy at work! :D

Thanks! B|

Gimme a break, been busy at work! :D

Thanks! B|

Yea, now get your ass back to putting a dent in that couch....
She is not a "Dumb Blonde" - She is a "Light-Haired Detour Off The Information Superhighway."
eeneR
TF#72, FB#4130, Incauto

I'm missing something; He got lucky?:D

normiss

This.
The NP tests are ass kickers.

Aint that the f'n truth...

Glad I don't have to take ROUTE again... hopefully ever.

Passed ROUTE today, SWITCH was last Saturday and TSHOOT was a week ago yesterday.

My brain hurts in a way I didn't know it could, but atleast I've finished for now!

CCNA Aug 2012
CCNA-S Mar 2014
CCNP Today

GNS 3 is great, especially the new version that allows IOL/IOU, not that I know anything about how well that works, since I'm not a Cisco engineer. :)

congrats from CCIE 39206 ;)

I'm also a CCDA, CCNA, CCNA-S, CCNP, CCNP-S, RHCT, MCSE, MCSA, MCP+I, Sec+, and A+

I have to re-cert my IE routing and switching soon... and they just changed the topics for the test. Hooray for more obscure facts!

NSCR-2376, SCR-15080

mattjw916

congrats from CCIE 39206 ;)

I'm also a CCDA, CCNA, CCNA-S, CCNP, CCNP-S, RHCT, MCSE, MCSA, MCP+I, Sec+, and A+

I have to re-cert my IE routing and switching soon... and they just changed the topics for the test. Hooray for more obscure facts!

Good god, that's a lot of tests.:S

Thinking about CCDA and then CCDP next. Thoughts on that vs going for CCNP-S?

Oh, by the way, I'm also A+, Network+ and even CCENT :P

One day I'll get drunk enough to say I can do the CCIE R&S lab, but man, that just sounds like a pain in the ass...

I would skip the design track unless it's some sort of a job requirement. I always wanted to get my CCDP but there just wasn't any tangible demand for it that I could see.

I think with the amount of firewalls and security focus out there it's hard to argue against going for a CCNP-Security. There's always the datacenter track too if you have a lot of Nexus or virtualization (or want to go that way). Voice track also has a lot of demand but I hate phones and call-manager software. PITA.
NSCR-2376, SCR-15080