dzswoop717

child hood dream come true

In 1966 at the age of 4, I witnessed my first parachute jump. It was at a little grass airstrip 1 mile north of the town of East Berlin PA. My father was flying a brand new Cessna 185 for the York Skydivers and Mom took us out to watch. It was the beginning of a dream to own my own airport. My wife and I just got home from closing on that airport. Funny how things work out sometimes. It only took 48 years.

I am moving my auto and airplane painting business into the hangar. We will be living on the airport. My wife and I support an orphanage in Haiti and we plan to hold fund raiser events for this and other charities. I plan to invite friends over a couple of times a month to jump. An annual York Skydivers reunion is a given. The sky is the limit, we are excited about the future.

Dilligas

***My wife and I just got home from closing on that airport.

This begs for a satellite photo link of your new airport so we can all admire it with you...

Think I found it with google maps ...

https://www.google.ca/maps/place/East+Berlin,+PA,+USA/@39.959805,-76.995644,3500m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m2!3m1!1s0x89c8f7a6c35deb1b:0x14d0a43119920452

assuming this is it, it took me less than 15 seconds to find it. Of course finding it in person would take longer ... haha

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

CanuckInUSA

******My wife and I just got home from closing on that airport.

This begs for a satellite photo link of your new airport so we can all admire it with you...

Think I found it with google maps ...

https://www.google.ca/maps/place/East+Berlin,+PA,+USA/@39.959805,-76.995644,3500m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m2!3m1!1s0x89c8f7a6c35deb1b:0x14d0a43119920452

assuming this is it, it took me less than 15 seconds to find it. Of course finding it in person would take longer ... haha

It's already got a swoop pond! B|
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban