Tuna-Salad

PC Surround sound question...

Hopefully some of you can help. I have 5.1 speakers hooked up to this PC.. They sound great while playing movies and music, but any games .. battlefield, Portal etc.. all have a distinct buzzing noise and almost a slight screech every time the mouse is moved. Any ideas? The sound card is onboard realtek with creative speakers.
Millions of my potential children died on your daughters' face last night.

OPINION: Replace with Altec Lansing. Creative is known for their "humming, buzzing" issues.

SUGGESTION:

1. Update sound card driver.
2. Check for grounding problem or loose connection.
3. Go to Creative's website and look in their troubleshooting page.
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

BIGUN

OPINION: Replace with Altec Lansing. Creative is known for their "humming, buzzing" issues.

SUGGESTION:

1. Update sound card driver.
2. Check for grounding problem or loose connection.
3. Go to Creative's website and look in their troubleshooting page.

The only other thing I can think of is to also update your USB drivers, assuming you're using a USB mouse?

Have you tried a different mouse as well, just to be sure that's not the issue? (99% certain it won't be.)

Do you have any other USB ports on your computer besides the ones near your on-board sound card outputs (e.g. on the front of the computer?) If so, try connecting to those. Also, make sure the audio cable to the speakers (I'm assuming it's just an analog cable with 3.5 mm plugs on each end) and your mouse cable aren't wrapped together / sharing a long parallel run together.

/edited to add: if your speakers are also usb try, again, plugging your mouse into ports somewhere else on the computer if you have them, that may connect them to a different USB controller which may help.

Have you tried a dedicated sound adapter? I used to have a motherboard where the integrated sound card (realtek) would get interference from the CPU and when ever the processor had more work the noise got louder.
Your rights end where my feelings begin.