jonstark

Hard of hearing

I find it more and more difficult to hear the TV without having to raise the volume to levels which are uncomfortable for the rest of the family. Hooked the sound output to the stereo but it doesn't respond to volume controller for TV. Using the headset jack cuts off the TV speakers. Can someone suggest a Bluetooth headset and transmitter? Striking out searching. I guess I don't know what to look for.

Thx
Jon

Seriously though, start thinking about getting hearing aids. Since you're "hard of hearing", you may benefit from tiny in-the-ear aids that are barely noticeable. Go visit an audiologist for an ear test.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

My GF uses these and loves them:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNa5dcLccS4

Why would you put up a link to a basejumper's death like that?
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

Hey Billy, Have had a strong aid in one ear for years with only fair acuity. Other ear failing so will be using two soon. Hoping to find some wireless, over the ear, bluetooth headphones with a transmitter for the TV. For now will try tv output to the stereo and headphones plugged into that so I have my own volume to control while being able to leave the tv vol low for my wife's comfort.

Jon

Found a JVC HA-W600RF-J/C setup. It's the exact thing I was looking for. Cost $90. Light, comfortable, NOT noise cancelling or soundproof so I can hear conversation (or at least when someone is trying to get my attention). Sound quality as good as my ears can hear. What a relief! Ahhh...

Jon