BIGUN

THANKS Conundrum

She does paracord dog collars for a rescue group and so I ordered two.

One blue for the male Lab
One Purple for the Female Lab.

Here's a pic of Rider with his new collar.
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

Rider is a beautiful dog.
He reminds me of a young black that I recently met while on crutches. Like all Labrador Retrievers, she was curious and friendly and playful. She was insisted on tickling me by licking the back of my strong knee. A week later I found myself back on surgery to clean out an infection in my left knee. I woke up too soon and suffered a lot of pain for the first half hour.
The memory of her TICKLING helped get me through the worst of the pain as I sobered up.
It looks like the worst part of recovery is behind me, helped by a loving and generous black lab.

Great Story, Rob. I hope you get well soon.

It wasn't until recently that I've chosen to get a dog again. It 's always been a "Responsibility" thing. I disagree with the philosophy of getting a dog and throwing them in the backyard to exist and not playing with them, training them, socializing them, taking them on outings, etc.

And, I found myself with not one, but two black labs. Both smart, eager and willing to learn. On more than one occasion, they've scratched the back door and sat there with this look on their face like, "Not really sure what you're doing in there human, but you need to get your ass back out here and play."

:D

Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

These guys are all leaving tomorrow to start their journey to become service dogs. We breed the Mom, help the delivery, and after 8 weeks deliver the puppies to our service dog organization, Canine Companions for Independence (CCI). They will then be sent to their assigned Puppyraisers who will do their initial socialization and training for 14 months. Then they will be turned back in to CCI for 6 months advanced training. If they make it all the way thru they will be matched to a handicapped individual (at no charge!) during a 2 week training program. These guys are 8 weeks old and we will turn them in tomorrow. Taking out some of the sting is the fact that we are getting assigned one of them for their puppy raising, so after shots and a vet check we will bring one back home in 3 days!

Beautiful puppies.
Last year, my church "shared the plate" with Pacific Assistance Dogs. PAWS supports your type of work, mentoring young service dogs from Oregon. We often see them - in their yellow vests - training on the streets of Vancouver.
When I offered to adopt one of their "failures" they replied that I was so far down the priority list .... after the blind ... after the deaf ... after the mobility impaired ... after the autistics ...