3 broken Clavicles
1 Scapula
2 Navicular(wrist)
1 radius
1 ulna
distal tib/fib (Pilon fracture)
another distal tib (Pilon) w/o fib
2cm displaced 6" vert Tibial Plateau ligament with accompanying tears
1 displaced major toe (more painful than one would think)
1 greater tuberosity

all separate injuries.

And then there are the fingers, knuckles, little toes, orbital bone and ribs. Plus some pieces of vertebrae.

Would you really call that accident prone?
That spot isn't bad at all, the winds were strong and that was the issue! It was just on the downwind side.

Bolas

Well I turned a bit low once and compression fractured a couple of vertebrae . . .

Boring and stupid.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

craddock

Accident prone? Nah just unlucky maybe?

3 broken Clavicles
1 Scapula
2 Navicular(wrist)
1 radius
1 ulna
distal tib/fib (Pilon fracture)
another distal tib (Pilon) w/o fib
2cm displaced 6" vert Tibial Plateau ligament with accompanying tears
1 displaced major toe (more painful than one would think)
1 greater tuberosity

all separate injuries.

And then there are the fingers, knuckles, little toes, orbital bone and ribs. Plus some pieces of vertebrae.

Yes.
"They got swimming pools and movie stars!"

JohnMitchell

Sounds like a very busy, active life. :D

Pretty much but there are some that would judge just based on reading a list and think I am just clumsy or lack talent for my activities. Reality is in some sports the higher the level you attain the more you expose yourself to injury. My tibial plateau is a prime example. Leading MX race almost wire to wire lapping half the field but right before a huge downhill on last lap and after being caught and in a battle with a local rider a lapped rider heard us coming and may have not known their was two of us. He moved over and clipped me right on the takeoff of a huge downhill that we were landing down in braking bumps. I should have gave him more room. Lappers should hold their line. It is what it is but nothing I could do to save it once contact was made. I landed crossed up with my bike down in the braking bumps.

Riding in traffic, in mud trying to triple as fatigue sets in and track condition change can lead to crashes. One injury was training for a sno-x race. BMX as a kid. Half pipes, skateboards ect.

Dislocated shoulder after doing a backdeep barefoot start and didn't see a wave and went down wrong.

On and on. Never had a major injury snow skiing despite the terrain and speed I like to ski. Point is it is easy to look at someones injury list and say they should not take a sport up like skydiving because they are clumsy and injury prone when there is more to it.
That spot isn't bad at all, the winds were strong and that was the issue! It was just on the downwind side.

I have never broken a single bone in my body that I'm aware of(Knock on wood!). I did however rip my ACL to shreds while making a snowboard bigjump a tad bigger than it needed to be. I came in on the kicker way to fast and overshot the landing hill for a much more exiting flat landing at the bottom... Best part is I tried to walk it off, I got about five steps Before hearing my knee make a somewhat alarming crackling sound. At that moment I decided it would be a better idea to sit on my board and ride it down.

I also Have had a couple of knocks to the head resulting in some blood and sanityloss, and this may be the reason I took up skydiving... ;)

Also: Yay, my first post on this forum B|

In the words of the late great Douglas Adams: Don't panic!

champu

Am I the only one who spent this entire thread cringing and protectively grasping my joints as I read about injuries?

Yes, Yes you are. Sissy!:D:D:P

I kid.:P
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

jumpwally

+ 1,,,,thankfully,,no dick injuries yet....:o

Oh boy to I have a good one there. Stay tuned. All my friends told me to soak it in cider or so I thought and when they realized a week later i didn't get the inside her joke a rumor surfaced I was soaking my unit in apple cider. Was an ugly accident involving a snowmobile

craddock

***+ 1,,,,thankfully,,no dick injuries yet....:o

Oh boy to I have a good one there. Stay tuned. All my friends told me to soak it in cider or so I thought and when they realized a week later i didn't get the inside her joke a rumor surfaced I was soaking my unit in apple cider. Was an ugl

MMMKay, thatworkstoo. :S
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

oldwomanc6

******+ 1,,,,thankfully,,no dick injuries yet....:o

Oh boy to I have a good one there. Stay tuned. All my friends told me to soak it in cider or so I thought and when they realized a week later i didn't get the inside her joke a rumor surfaced I was soaking my unit in apple cider. Was an ugl

MMMKay, thatworkstoo. :S

He was just hoping she would kiss it and make it better, and wanted it to taste better.

For the record I never actually soaked it in anything. The rumor merely started when people realized I didn't get the joke.

After the crash I went to a bar to check in see if I still had my unit intact as I was in a lot of pain I proceeded to get very intoxicated. When I woke up sore and hungover I looked outside at the totaled sled(I hit a snow bank from a plowed track for a car ice le mans race while running across the lake outdriving my headlight), and after examining the damage I went to take a leak. If you put a garden hose nozzle on the spray setting was the best way to describe what happened. I hit everything but the toilet. Walls, floor, ect. I had forgot about the injury to that area and had not even looked at it when I started to pee. The entire thing was black and blue with shades of yellow, the end was ripped open further and scabbed over. It was very ugly indeed.

craddock

For the record I never actually soaked it in anything. The rumor merely started when people realized I didn't get the joke.

After the crash I went to a bar to check in see if I still had my unit intact as I was in a lot of pain I proceeded to get very intoxicated. When I woke up sore and hungover I looked outside at the totaled sled(I hit a snow bank from a plowed track for a car ice le mans race while running across the lake outdriving my headlight), and after examining the damage I went to take a leak. If you put a garden hose nozzle on the spray setting was the best way to describe what happened. I hit everything but the toilet. Walls, floor, ect. I had forgot about the injury to that area and had not even looked at it when I started to pee. The entire thing was black and blue with shades of yellow, the end was ripped open further and scabbed over. It was very ugly indeed.

I liked my version better.

heh - but if there isn't stills or video - it never happened.:D:D:)

turtlespeed

***For the record I never actually soaked it in anything. The rumor merely started when people realized I didn't get the joke.

At least he didn't paint his nuts gold. I hear that's the most painful thing anybody can do to themselves... :D
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

BillyVance

******For the record I never actually soaked it in anything. The rumor merely started when people realized I didn't get the joke.

At least he didn't paint his nuts gold. I hear that's the most painful thing anybody can do to themselves... :D

Not the MOST painful, but I get where you are going.

I'm sure a George Foreman on the same area would be more painful.