BillyVance

A new era in College Football begins

JerryBaumchen

Hi BV,

Gonna be a long night

Relax, it is just a game.

Anyone else see the Ute drop the ball just before he got to the end zone tonight? He'll remember that mistake for the rest of his life.

The commentators said that U of OR should move up to #3 after tonights game.

Jerry Baumchen

PS) Now if only Oregon State could get a few more wins. [:/]

#1 Miss State
#2 Florida State
#3 Oregon
#4 Alabama

I'm okay with that if the polls come out this way. This coming Saturday, Miss State comes to Bryant Denny Stadium to play Alabama. B|
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Anyone else see the Ute drop the ball just before he got to the end zone tonight?

He didn't 'drop' it, he consciously released it. Just another example of the "LOOK AT ME ! LOOK AT ME !" excrement that is so prevalent in college and pro football nowadays. It's cheapened the game and shows a marked lack of respect for your opponent. As Lou Holtz once said...."Just hand the ball to the ref and act like you've been there before."

My old HS coach would have kicked my ass square for pulling such a move. Probably be riding the pine too.

Don
"When in doubt I whip it out,
I got me a rock-and-roll band.
It's a free-for-all."

PLFKING

Anyone else see the Ute drop the ball just before he got to the end zone tonight?

He didn't 'drop' it, he consciously released it. Just another example of the "LOOK AT ME ! LOOK AT ME !" excrement that is so prevalent in college and pro football nowadays. It's cheapened the game and shows a marked lack of respect for your opponent. As Lou Holtz once said...."Just hand the ball to the ref and act like you've been there before."

My old HS coach would have kicked my ass square for pulling such a move. Probably be riding the pine too.

Don

Speaking of riding the pine, after Kyle Allen's performance putting Auburn in their place, I bet Kenny Hill gets to see the bench for longer even though his team rules violation suspension has passed.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

PLFKING

Don

I remember when LSU played in the SEC title game against Georgia in 2011. Tyrann "Honey Badger" Mathieu was about to score a long TD and unconsciously flipped the ball to the sideline ref who was standing at the goal line, just a foot BEFORE he crossed the goal line. A second later he realized his mistake and looked back at the official and he was looking at him too, but went ahead and signaled a TD anyway.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

AggieDave

Speaking of riding the pine, after Kyle Allen's performance putting Auburn in their place, I bet Kenny Hill gets to see the bench for longer even though his team rules violation suspension has passed.

No doubt! Kyle's got a higher ceiling than Kenny. Kenny got a big head after the early season success but couldn't handle the gauntlet of tough SEC teams.

To be honest, I couldn't believe what I was seeing and I watched most of the game. Auburn had their chances in the last couple minutes but their "magic" or "luck" flat ran the fuck out, and I couldn't be any happier. FUCK AUBURN. :DB|

BillyVance

Holy fuck! I don't need another fucking nailbiter like tonight's game! Damn!

But... Alabama edged out LSU in OT 20-13. HAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

FOUR IN A ROW, GO TO HELL, LSU!

Typical tough Bama-LSU game like most of the others have been since Saban came to Alabama. Nothing was easy. Even I thought Bama was gonna lose after Yeldon's fumble gave LSU the ball at the 6 yard line with a a couple minutes left, then LSU got flagged for unsportsmanlike conduct and pushed them out to the 21, and they kicked the FG on 4th down with 50 seconds left. They squib kicked it out of bounds giving Bama good field position and they went 65 yards in 40 seconds down to the LSU 10 yard line with 10 seconds to go to kick the tying FG 13-13.

On Bama's first play in OT, LT Cam Robinson lined up wide right as a decoy, and 6'-5" 307 LB lineman Brandon Greene lined up as an eligible tackle on the left side, Blake threw to him and he rumbled all the way to the 1. A few plays later Blake tossed the winning pass in the end zone. And LSU went 0-4 on passes to end the game.

Shit. Gonna be a long night trying to wind down :D

A humble LSU fan here.

but FU Billy.

wayneflorida

A humble LSU fan here.

but FU Billy.

I got really amped up, didn't I. I only wish the LSU students were humble and classy. Chanting "FUCK YOU SABAN!" during the game? Yeah, classy all right. :S

And what's Logan Stokes' problem? He's not in junior high anymore but acts like he is. Pulling Reggie Ragland's pants down in the game? Yeah, real mature. http://www.al.com/alabamafootball/index.ssf/2014/11/alabamas_reggie_ragland_loses.html

It's those people I stick it to when we win. Nothing personal.

Not specifically to you Mark....

Just wanted to add to the thread.

Shhh... quietly the Buckeyes are increasing their odds. Say what you want about the Big Ten. O State is legit.
Life is all about ass....either you're kicking it, kissing it, working it off, or trying to get a piece of it.
Muff Brother #4382 Dudeist Skydiver #000
www.fundraiseadventure.com

normiss

and yet Bama fans wonder why they are disliked....

You can ask any football fan who has the worst fans in the SEC in a home game against a big rival. A lot of them will say LSU. Bunch of drunken loudmouth corndog cajuns who spew all kinds of vulgarities at the visiting team and their fans. Their students are the worst. Which is why it's so damn satisfying to hang a loss on them.

I'll add something else here. LSU's AD Joe Alleva sometimes has diarrhea of the mouth, especially when it concerns Alabama. The Tide has gotten into his head way too much. He's got to learn to STFU and represent the university properly.

Case in point #1: after LSU expanded their stadium to 102K seats, he bragged that he was gonna move the Alabama fans' seating section way up at the top, as far away from the field as possible.

Case in point #2: after paying a fine for their fans storming the field a few weeks ago after knocking off Ole Miss, he cracked "I hope I have to pay it again in 2 weeks, referring to the Bama game. Dumb ass had to back track and say don't storm the field for safety reasons. Well sorry Joe, Bama made sure there wouldn't be an opportunity. Suck it, Joe.

AggieDave

On the upside Aggies have built a reputation of being good hosts and good fans regardless of the score.:)

Yes. They are good hosts.

On the flip side, Alabama fans don't storm the field after beating the #1 team, like some others.... ;)

Bama won :)Georgia destroyed Auburn B|
Arkansas shut LSU the fuck out :o
Northwestern edged Notre Dame out in OT at ND :D

All in all.... a damn good day, that would have been better if fucking Miami had held off the Seminoles... :S

billeisele

And SC beat FL in OT

Da Tide should be #1 after these games

All in due time. One game at a time. I prefer to let FSU stay #1, until they lose. Keep the pressure on them. All Bama's gotta do is win. Do that, everything else will take care of itself.

Man, hard to believe Georgia beat the hell out of Auburn that badly. But there's the defensive blueprint the Bulldogs just provided on how to stop Auburn's misdirection offense. You just KNOW Bama's chomping at the bit to get back at Auburn for last year's Kick Six.

I don't know who these guys were, but they jumped into the Alabama Miss State game yesterday. :)
http://alabama.247sports.com/Bolt/Point-of-View-Video-Paracommandos-fly-into-Bryant-Denny-Stadium-33007262

I had always wanted to do that but after some numbnut broke his leg jumping into a game at Miss State back in the early/mid 90's, the SEC banned demo jumps. So all I got to do was jump into 86,000 seat Legion Field for UAB's first ever Conference USA game, with only 20,000 fans sprinkled around the lower bowl seats. Oh well...

Finally, for the first time since 2009, Alabama survived the month of November unscathed, running the LSU, MSU and Auburn gauntlet and finishing the regular season 11-1, becoming the SEC's first team to win at least 11 games in 4 consecutive seasons.

Next up - Missouri in the SEC Championship Game in Atlanta this coming Saturday.

I give Auburn full credit for never giving up, but screw you guys and your 630+ total yards, Bama won with a dominant 2nd half. Bastards drove me batshit crazy all of the 1st half. :S

Roll Damn Tide

BillyVance

Finally, for the first time since 2009, Alabama survived the month of November unscathed, running the LSU, MSU and Auburn gauntlet and finishing the regular season 11-1, becoming the SEC's first team to win at least 11 games in 4 consecutive seasons.

Next up - Missouri in the SEC Championship Game in Atlanta this coming Saturday.

I give Auburn full credit for never giving up, but screw you guys and your 630+ total yards, Bama won with a dominant 2nd half. Bastards drove me batshit crazy all of the 1st half. :S

Roll Damn Tide

You really don't need Auburn to be that way!!:D

Sad Miss. St. loss, wanted them in the playoffs.

wayneflorida

***Finally, for the first time since 2009, Alabama survived the month of November unscathed, running the LSU, MSU and Auburn gauntlet and finishing the regular season 11-1, becoming the SEC's first team to win at least 11 games in 4 consecutive seasons.

Roll Damn Tide

You really don't need Auburn to be that way!!:D

Sad Miss. St. loss, wanted them in the playoffs.

Yeah, I would have liked to have had them in with Bama too, but without a conference title game appearance, they might get edged out by the other conference champions, assuming they all finish with 1 loss, and Miss State's non-conference schedule was flat-out awful. Baylor's too, which is why TCU is ahead of Baylor despite losing to Baylor heads up.

You know, I predicted a 3 TD Bama win over Auburn, a 140 yard 2 TD day for Yeldon and a 200+ yard 3 TD day for Cooper. Came pretty close! Just didn't expect all the scoring. That game broke a lot of Iron Bowl records. If Auburn doesn't score that cheap shit TD with 20 seconds left, its a 19 point win for Bama. But, a win is a win.

Auburn's D-coordinator Ellis Johnson got fired. That was as bad a defensive unit I've ever seen for Auburn this year. I didn't think anybody could outdo Brian Van Gorder's pathetic 2012 season, but it happened. :D

Made me laugh...

Dan: "Okay Dak, lets run it up the middle."
Dak: "Coach, we did that last play."
Dan: "Yea, but this time we're going to be tricky about it."

On a separate note: TU's Coach Bill Blankenship was fired yesterday.
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

I still think O State gets in with a win against Wisconsin. It will be tough but the "third string" QB is a BEAST. We will see how he can handle the pressure.

Hi Billy!
Life is all about ass....either you're kicking it, kissing it, working it off, or trying to get a piece of it.
Muff Brother #4382 Dudeist Skydiver #000
www.fundraiseadventure.com