BillyVance

A new era in College Football begins

xsniper

But so far.... I'm liking Lane Kiffin better than Doug Nussmeier. Wink

Still ? :)
Hat's off to the Ole Miss D.......that was the best defensive performance I've seen against Bama in quite a while.

Don

It has been many years since Ole Miss has been in this position, but there is still a lot of very very tuff SEC action left for them...including this week with a very pissed off Texas A&M. I think the Rebel defense had better be prepared for a real fight. Here is hoping the dream can continue.

You may have a point, but look at how Miss State beat the Aggies. They bullied the Aggies for more than 3 quarters. Ditto with LSU. Then look what LSU did at Auburn, in a pathetic performance.

I think the jury is still out on just how good Texas A&M really is. Their season opening win at South Carolina is looking less and less impressive... Now that the Gamecocks are in a mid-season slide with 3 losses, including at Kentucky.

If I had to rank the SEC West teams, they'd likely be in this order:

Auburn
Miss State
Ole Miss
Alabama
Texas A&M
Arkansas
LSU

Top three really could be in any order until further notice. Ditto for the bottom two
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Auburn
Miss State
Ole Miss
Alabama
Texas A&M
Arkansas
LSU

Wow.....giving those Mississippi schools a lot of credit, aren't you ? They haven't done anything yet.......anybody can beat anyone on any given day. Granted, MSU has been on a rise for the last several years, but only slightly relevant....and Ole Miss hasn't been relevant since Archie left. Auburn and Bama are still the class of that division.

Don
"When in doubt I whip it out,
I got me a rock-and-roll band.
It's a free-for-all."

BillyVance

Hat's off to the Ole Miss D.......that was the best defensive performance I've seen against Bama in quite a while.

Don

It has been many years since Ole Miss has been in this position, but there is still a lot of very very tuff SEC action left for them...including this week with a very pissed off Texas A&M. I think the Rebel defense had better be prepared for a real fight. Here is hoping the dream can continue.

You may have a point, but look at how Miss State beat the Aggies. They bullied the Aggies for more than 3 quarters. Ditto with LSU. Then look what LSU did at Auburn, in a pathetic performance.

I think the jury is still out on just how good Texas A&M really is. Their season opening win at South Carolina is looking less and less impressive... Now that the Gamecocks are in a mid-season slide with 3 losses, including at Kentucky.

Auburn
Miss State
Ole Miss
Alabama
Texas A&M
Arkansas
LSU

Top three really could be in any order until further notice. Ditto for the bottom two

We'll see. The Aggie team is very young but they're getting (mostly) better with each game. Last week was horrible to watch as the wheels fell off, but the talent and coaching is there to generate some real show stopping plays and keep them coming.

For someone who had drunk the Fran Koolaid, I'm all on board for Sumlin. He won me over the first year and watching him shape the team as they entered the absolute hardest conference in the nation is amazing.

Good thing our games aren't on the LHN or only the twelve subscribers would see them!
:D
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

AggieDave

Don

Auburn
Miss State
Ole Miss
Alabama
Texas A&M
Arkansas
LSU

We'll see. The Aggie team is very young but they're getting (mostly) better with each game. Last week was horrible to watch as the wheels fell off, but the talent and coaching is there to generate some real show stopping plays and keep them coming.

For someone who had drunk the Fran Koolaid, I'm all on board for Sumlin. He won me over the first year and watching him shape the team as they entered the absolute hardest conference in the nation is amazing.

Good thing our games aren't on the LHN or only the twelve subscribers would see them!
:D

I like the Aggies and I think Sumlin is a perfect fit.....just don't want them to right the ship this week, Haha

So . . .

FSU . . .

If three FSU football players are all in the same car, who's driving?

The police officer.:D:D:D:D

I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

turtlespeed

So . . .

FSU . . .

If three FSU football players are all in the same car, who's driving?

The police officer.:D:D:D:D

Nice! You tell it to your GF yet? :ph34r:
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

And there goes the first big college football scandal.

Heisman Trophy front-runner candidate Todd Gurley, RB for Georgia, has been suspended indefinitely per an investigation in accepting benefits in exchange for autograph sessions.

Yeah, I know, this is something the NCAA is going to struggle with as people call for fairness with athletes, blah blah blah...

Sucks to be a Georgia fan right about now. They're missing their top three RBs (other two to injuries) and go on the road to play SEC East front-runner Missouri tomorrow.

Hell, Bulldog fans have already started a petition to the White House to immediately make Gurley available to play and suspend the investigations. Ohio State tried that shit a couple years ago to get their team into the BCS title game against Notre Dame. If that couldn't work, this one won't!

PLFKING

Wow.....giving those Mississippi schools a lot of credit

I'll be shutting up now.....

Don

I'm telling you, if anybody had told me 3 years ago that Mississippi State would be ranked #1 and Ole Miss #3, I would have laughed right in their faces. :S:D

Wasn't that long ago those two schools were the fucking doormats of the SEC West. Almost ALWAYS have been doormats.

AggieDave

Christ the wheels came off of that one.:o

Sure as hell did. Even I never dreamed the game would turn out like that. It was about as one-sided that a game could get.

BillyVance

***Christ the wheels came off of that one.:o

Sure as hell did. Even I never dreamed the game would turn out like that. It was about as one-sided that a game could get.

The coaching is there, I wonder if it is the young team or that Allen should be QB, I just don't know. What a roller coaster season for us.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

AggieDave

******Christ the wheels came off of that one.:o

The coaching is there, I wonder if it is the young team or that Allen should be QB, I just don't know. What a roller coaster season for us.

Could be two things:

1 - The Tide responded to the challenge to play like they are capable of playing with all that talent on the team, and it certainly helped that the offensive line finally had a game without committing any penalties, even missing a couple of starters.

2 - They game planned for Texas A&M's HUNH offense since August.

As for the Aggies, they really need to get their defense up to speed. Offense can win a lot of games, but run into a really good defense, they are going to sputter. They will need a defense to back up their offense. Just don't have it.

Well.... here we are again... the famous 3rd Saturday in October, except this year it's the 4th. Time for the annual Alabama-Tennessee arch-rivalry game, where fans of each school HATES the other school with a passion.

It hasn't been much of a rivalry on the field lately though, not since Nick Saban came to Alabama in 2007. Bama has won 7 straight against the Vols, all but one game by lopsided blow-out scores. The only tight game which wasn't decided until the final play where Alabama blocked a Tennessee FG try to preserve a 12-10 win and their undefeated season in 2009 on the way to the first national title under Saban. The Vols' coach that year? None other than Lane Kiffin, who is now Alabama's offensive coordinator.

Lane Kiffin bolted for Southern Cal right after that season, enraging hordes of Vols fans and students. To them, he is public enemy #1. It's only been 5 years but the vitriol and excitement coming out of Knoxville suggests the hate hasn't subsided much.

If I had two wishes.... I'd wish for a ticket to that game near the student section, and that I could hear. There's sure to be every vulgar slang, insult and swear word hurled from the stands at Lane on the sideline, at least for the first quarter or so. :D

Fuck the Vols. Bama's gonna beat your sorry orange asses for the 8th straight year, fuckers! B|

So much for "sportsmanship, fair play, and all that other crap" that collegiate sports are supposed to be about.

I know you wanted the "Speaker's Corner" stuff left out, but I can't help notice that some of these rivalries get pretty ugly.

And it seems like the schools encourage it.

Good lessons that they are teaching.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

Life Lessons for the New Millennium 101....... Your Fellow Man Deserves No Respect.

Went to hs and college in TN, and saw many a game at Neyland Stadium. I remember one year (late 70s ? early 80s ?) Bama came to town ranked #1 or #2, UT beat 'em by a touchdown, and the party moved to the Old City, where we watched a drunken horde of Vols fans overturn three brand new red Cadillac convertibles with ROLL TIDE plates. My first thought was "What a sorry bunch of assholes'......my second thought was 'How stupid would you have to be to park your red Caddy with Alabama plates in downtown Knoxville on the night the Vols upset your asses?' :)

Don
"When in doubt I whip it out,
I got me a rock-and-roll band.
It's a free-for-all."

wolfriverjoe

So much for "sportsmanship, fair play, and all that other crap" that collegiate sports are supposed to be about.

I know you wanted the "Speaker's Corner" stuff left out, but I can't help notice that some of these rivalries get pretty ugly.

And it seems like the schools encourage it.

Some of the NFL fans are just as bad. You get drunken fans of rival teams fighting in bars and shit every now and then. Grown men too.... :P

PLFKING

Don

Still a long way to go, and historically LSU has been a tuf nut to crack for Ole Miss. The closer to Halloween, the stranger the game gets. If the Rebels hold it together this weekend they will have a good shot at this thing.

xsniper

Don

Still a long way to go, and historically LSU has been a tuf nut to crack for Ole Miss. The closer to Halloween, the stranger the game gets. If the Rebels hold it together this weekend they will have a good shot at this thing.

They do have a deep historic rivalry. The best years were from the 50's to the late 60's. So many games between the two with a lot riding on them, like conference and national title aspirations. There was Heisman winner Billy Cannon's epic punt return for a TD, Archie Manning leading the Rebels to a last minute win, etc.

Even today, when LSU plays at Ole Miss, the Rebel fans chants "GO TO HELL, LSU!" before the game starts. ;)

HAAA!!!

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2244239-photo-uts-rock-calls-jones-the-future-kiffin-a-douche?tsm=1

Those stupid Vols fans are still hung up on Kiffin leaving them back in January 2010.

Eight in a row, douche THAT, Vols! 34-20

B|

muff528

Just for tonight, my favorite team is Louisville. :)
ETA: Screw Louisville.>:( Who the hell is calling plays over there. :S

I know! Fucking idiots! Up 24-7 at one point and couldn't do a damn thing after that. And allowed 4 FSU TDs in the 4th quarter in a 42-31 loss. :S

At this point, possibly only Miami could pose a threat in the ACC title game if they get there, but don't bet on it. Somebody will just have to beat the semenholes in the playoffs.

Holy fuck! I don't need another fucking nailbiter like tonight's game! Damn!

But... Alabama edged out LSU in OT 20-13. HAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

FOUR IN A ROW, GO TO HELL, LSU!

Typical tough Bama-LSU game like most of the others have been since Saban came to Alabama. Nothing was easy. Even I thought Bama was gonna lose after Yeldon's fumble gave LSU the ball at the 6 yard line with a a couple minutes left, then LSU got flagged for unsportsmanlike conduct and pushed them out to the 21, and they kicked the FG on 4th down with 50 seconds left. They squib kicked it out of bounds giving Bama good field position and they went 65 yards in 40 seconds down to the LSU 10 yard line with 10 seconds to go to kick the tying FG 13-13.

On Bama's first play in OT, LT Cam Robinson lined up wide right as a decoy, and 6'-5" 307 LB lineman Brandon Greene lined up as an eligible tackle on the left side, Blake threw to him and he rumbled all the way to the 1. A few plays later Blake tossed the winning pass in the end zone. And LSU went 0-4 on passes to end the game.

Shit. Gonna be a long night trying to wind down :D

Hi BV,

Gonna be a long night

Relax, it is just a game.

Anyone else see the Ute drop the ball just before he got to the end zone tonight? He'll remember that mistake for the rest of his life.

The commentators said that U of OR should move up to #3 after tonights game.

Jerry Baumchen

PS) Now if only Oregon State could get a few more wins. [:/]