BillyVance

A new era in College Football begins

A month into the season... been some surprises along the way for sure!

How the hell does Virginia Tech beat Ohio State at the horseshoe, then lose at home to East Carolina and Georgia Tech?

Michigan isn't doing well, at all. Neither is Texas.

Clemson fucking blew their chance to knock off Florida State in the final minutes of regulation. Oy! :S

I had my doubts about Alabama's QB situation... until yesterday. Holy fuck! :oB|

Did Alabama destroy Florida or what? Take away the three fumbles that led directly to Gator TDs on short drives, and it could have been a shut-out blow-out win for the Tide. I don't really know just how good Florida's defense is, other than they've got their strip/punching ball out techniques down to an art form. That was the only thing that kept the game close until the 3rd quarter.

Total yard difference: Florida 200 yards, Alabama 645.
Third down conversions: Florida 2 of 13, Alabama 12 of 16.

Yeah, that's about as lopsided as it gets. But that wasn't the biggest surprise....

It was 5th year senior QB Blake Sims, a former running back himself, and first year starter at QB, throwing 23 of 33 passes for 445 yards and 4 TDs. The second highest passing yards by an Alabama QB ever. Not even AJ McCarron, a prototypical Pro Style QB, could even hit 400 yards. The credit goes not just to the star-studded skill players Alabama has amassed on offense, but also to the hated Lane Kiffin's job as Offensive Coordinator. He knows what he's doing. Throw an 87 yard TD strike to RB Kenyan Drake on Alabama's first offensive snap? And later, another one play drive with a long wide open bomb to Amari Cooper for a TD? Damn! Oh yeah, Cooper leads the nation in catches, yards, and yards per game. If he keeps this pace up, he's going to New York City in December.

645 yards given up by the Gators, most ever in Florida history. Ouch.

Still a lot of football left to play, undoubtedly a lot more tougher games ahead for Alabama. It's not going to be an easy road ahead.

But hey, anytime those gay coon ass corn dog cajuns in Baton Rouge lose a game, is a damn good day for me. :D

"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

PLFKING

those gay coon ass corn dog cajuns in Baton Rouge

:D:D:D

That's about my only bright spot in the season so far. :)

Don

Serious question though... If Les Miles loses a few more games that he shouldn't, and Brady Hoke gets axed at season's end, if not before... would you guys please take Les Miles? :D
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

I just had to laugh at this interaction between Florida State QB Jameis Winston and head coach Jimbo Fisher. Jameis had been suspended for the full game against Clemson, but for some reason he came out in full game gear for warm-ups. Jimbo saw him... and well... the look on his face as he turned away... is a classic. :D:D:D

https://vine.co/v/O7B00X5Ozqm

would you guys please take Les Miles?

In a heartbeat......in fact, I'd much rather have him than Harbaugh.

UM was actually talking to Miles after Carr retired, but that asshat Herbstreit (spelling ? who cares ?) broke the story early, Les had to deny it, and LSU threw a buttload of cash at him to stay.

Don
"When in doubt I whip it out,
I got me a rock-and-roll band.
It's a free-for-all."

PLFKING

would you guys please take Les Miles?

In a heartbeat......in fact, I'd much rather have him than Harbaugh.

UM was actually talking to Miles after Carr retired, but that asshat Herbstreit (spelling ? who cares ?) broke the story early, Les had to deny it, and LSU threw a buttload of cash at him to stay.

Don

I remember that. Fucking media... And Texas Longhorns flubbed the whole Saban to Texas thing too, and oh look, Saban's the highest paid coach in college football by a mile! Thanks, Texas! Saban's next stop is retirement, likely in 2020, hopefully with 2 or 3 more national titles along the way! :)

dpreguy

If they are going to be paid, then remove the requirement that they be students. They'd just be hired help, like janitors and groundskeepers.

There are thousands of student workers on campuses who are paid.everything from bus drivers to computer techs.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

This was awesome.

Alabama QB Blake Sims sets school records for offense while wearing a bracelet honoring an Auburn student with end stage cancer.

Florida State QB Jameis Winston just yells "FUCK HER RIGHT IN THE PUSSY!"

BillyVance

This was awesome.

Alabama QB Blake Sims sets school records for offense while wearing a bracelet honoring an Auburn student with end stage cancer.

Even My FSU supporter isn't loving Winston . . . hard for her to admit . . . but she does it. Let the fucker go.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

turtlespeed

***This was awesome.

Even My FSU supporter isn't loving Winston . . . hard for her to admit . . . but she does it. Let the fucker go.

She's not the only one I know of who's tired of his shit. Maybe he'll grow the fuck up and be a man. Who knows... They play at North Carolina State tomorrow. I'm sure she has fond memories of the Seminoles' last visit there... :ph34r:

And wow.... did UCLA wake up from its season-long slumber with a bang last night or what? Down 17-3 on the road and then, BANG BANG BANG... 3 TDs within 2:32 of game time, including two scores on consecutive plays... enroute to a 62-27 drubbing...

Glad that game was not included in my Pick 'ems. :D:S

turtlespeed

***This was awesome.

You two just had to be sweating it for a while today eh? Aggies outlasted the Razorbacks in OT and the Seminoles turned a 24-7 first quarter deficit into a 56-41 scorefest at NC State.

The SEC West division is starting to look really brutal... 6 out of those 7 are ranked.

Can anyone figure out who the fuck Missouri is? They lose at home to a bad Indiana team that lost the previous week to Bowling Green University, then go on the road to South Carolina today and win 21-20??? Mizzou just might win the SEC East again. :S

BillyVance

******This was awesome.

You two just had to be sweating it for a while today eh? Aggies outlasted the Razorbacks in OT and the Seminoles turned a 24-7 first quarter deficit into a 56-41 scorefest at NC State.

The SEC West division is starting to look really brutal... 6 out of those 7 are ranked.

Can anyone figure out who the fuck Missouri is? They lose at home to a bad Indiana team that lost the previous week to Bowling Green University, then go on the road to South Carolina today and win 21-20??? Mizzou just might win the SEC East again. :S

The SEC west will beat it's self out of a national championship and a much lesser team will win due to having a better record with a cake walk schedule.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

AggieDave

The SEC west will beat it's self out of a national championship and a much lesser team will win due to having a better record with a cake walk schedule.

We'll just have to wait and see. I do not see anybody in the East division winning the SEC title game this year. But yes, the West will more or less cannibalize itself. I hope not though. I want Bama to go undefeated, which they should with all that damn talent they've amassed. It's just going to be brutal.

Gotta give the Ohio State marching band credit. They're probably the most imaginative band in the country.

Why not kick Michigan when they're really down? :o:D:D:D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r908p9BWvXc#t=240

This is a pretty cool story about Adam Griffith, Alabama's kicker. Born in Poland and grew up in an orphanage before an American couple came and adopted him.

A few short years later he's graduating after 3.5 years and starting a master's program next year. Not bad for a guy who didn't speak English when he first arrived in the US.

https://alabama.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1687700

Yes, he's the same guy who went out for his first pressure-packed FG try in the final second of last year's Iron Bowl vs Auburn, which came up a few yards short and to the right and then was returned 108 yards for a TD, after Bama's regular kicker had missed 4 tries earlier.

This year, Adam is 7 of 8 in FG kicking with 4 of those from beyond 40 yards.

But so far.... I'm liking Lane Kiffin better than Doug Nussmeier. Wink

Still ? :)
Hat's off to the Ole Miss D.......that was the best defensive performance I've seen against Bama in quite a while.

Don
It's a free-for-all."

PLFKING

Hat's off to the Ole Miss D.......that was the best defensive performance I've seen against Bama in quite a while.

Don

Sure was! I was trying to figure out if we were playing too conservative or it was Ole Miss playing lights out. Probably a bit of both. First true road game in a hostile stadium, and what did Ole Miss do? Took away our bubble screen passes to Amari Cooper that he had so much success with in the first four games. He still caught the ball a bunch, but didn't get much after the catch. That's a damn good defense.

That was a ridiculous number of upsets this past weekend. 4 of the top 6 teams lost, and nearly had a 5th top ten team lose. Bama only dropped to 7th, but it doesn't get any easier.

Best part? LSU went from #8 to unranked in 2 weeks. HAHAHAHA! They were absolutely pathetic at Auburn. 0 for 13 on 3rd down conversions? Ouch.

Next BIG game - #2 Auburn at #3 Miss State this Saturday. College Game Day set will be there.

I was trying to figure out if we were playing too conservative

Definitely think Saban played it a little too close to the vest....but it's hard to start flinging it around when you've had his success in just pounding teams into submission.

That fumbled kickoff return was deadly. I really think Bama would have driven and taken the lead again on that series. They played well enough to win.

Don
It's a free-for-all."

PLFKING

Don

It has been many years since Ole Miss has been in this position, but there is still a lot of very very tuff SEC action left for them...including this week with a very pissed off Texas A&M. I think the Rebel defense had better be prepared for a real fight. Here is hoping the dream can continue.