Tisket

How soon is too soon after dental work?

One of the questions we ask (especially newbies like me) is "have you had any recent dental work?"

I have braces, so the answer is technically yes since I change trays every other week and my teeth are constantly moving. Thankfully, I've yet to have any pain or problems from combining braces and skydiving.

So, what really counts as dental work, and how soon is too soon after the work to resume skydiving?

For example, a filling, root canal, tooth extraction, deep cleaning.

Thoughts/experiences?
If you can't convince them, keep them confused.

Phillbo

On word .. Dry Socket.

ok.. two words:)

Been there, done that. It's one of the reasons I now go to a dentist that deals with patients with high anxiety.

So, add dry socket to the list. How soon after diagnosis of a dry socket after an extraction would the average person be cleared to skydive?

Tisket

***On word .. Dry Socket.

Been there, done that. It's one of the reasons I now go to a dentist that deals with patients with high anxiety.

So, add dry socket to the list. How soon after diagnosis of a dry socket after an extraction would the average person be cleared to skydive?

I'm no doctor, but I would assume as soon as the meds you're high on wears off. :P
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Phillbo

On word .. Dry Socket.

I was thinking Blow Job . . . but couldn't figure out . . . oh never mind.:P
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Is there a recommended time delay between a blow job and a skydive?:S;)

Wendy P.

There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

wmw999

Is there a recommended time delay between a blow job and a skydive?:S;)

Wendy P.

:D:D:D

And what is the proper delay between cunnilingus and skydiving?
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Phillbo

or can they both be accomplished at the same time?

Fellacio and cunnelingis have been performed at the same time in numerous occaisions, I don't know if they have been done on a skydive.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

turtlespeed

***or can they both be accomplished at the same time?

Fellatio and cunnilingus have been performed at the same time in numerous occasions, I don't know if they have been done on a skydive.

There must be a reason free-flyers developed both head-down and head-up flying.:|
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

ryoder

******or can they both be accomplished at the same time?

Fellatio and cunnilingus have been performed at the same time in numerous occasions, I don't know if they have been done on a skydive.

There must be a reason free-flyers developed both head-down and head-up flying.:|

They are too busy messing with their cameras to think about airborn 69

turtlespeed

*********or can they both be accomplished at the same time?

What exactly does any of this have to do with answering my question?:|

Tisket

************or can they both be accomplished at the same time?

I would say, when you feel good enough to jump and as was said, when the drugs wear-off. I'd say too, it's a personal thing. I've had a dry socket and took a small piece of cotton and shoved in in the socket and went on.

Chuck

Tisket

We multi task.:P

masterrig

***************or can they both be accomplished at the same time?

I would say, when you feel good enough to jump and as was said, when the drugs wear-off. I'd say too, it's a personal thing. I've had a dry socket and took a small piece of cotton and shoved in in the socket and went on.

Chuck

If you have had routine fillings, cap, or such.. jump when you feel up to it. Extractions may be something more complicated, if treating dentist says "go home and take it easy for a few days." then do that! If it was a routine extraction, no real work to get it out, then maybe jump the next day.

Dry sockets occur when the blood clot comes out of the hole where the tooth was and the bone is exposed to the oral environment long enough to be infected and not heal/close over. Its no fun to have or to treat. Pretty much its usually lower teeth in the back on a smoker. Don't be that guy.

I treat lots of skydivers, they seem bound and determined to not heed my advice until it hurts. So my advice is "Do what you want until it hurts. Then my fee doubles."

I also do not see a reason to wait for the anesthetic to wear off before oral sex. I don't care if your mouth can feel anything....

Medical/dental advice on the interwebs is sketchy at best and flat out wrong often.

Jump more, post less!

topdocker

******************or can they both be accomplished at the same time?

Chuck

If you have had routine fillings, cap, or such.. jump when you feel up to it. Extractions may be something more complicated, if treating dentist says "go home and take it easy for a few days." then do that! If it was a routine extraction, no real work to get it out, then maybe jump the next day.

Dry sockets occur when the blood clot comes out of the hole where the tooth was and the bone is exposed to the oral environment long enough to be infected and not heal/close over. Its no fun to have or to treat. Pretty much its usually lower teeth in the back on a smoker. Don't be that guy.

I treat lots of skydivers, they seem bound and determined to not heed my advice until it hurts. So my advice is "Do what you want until it hurts. Then my fee doubles."

I also do not see a reason to wait for the anesthetic to wear off before oral sex. I don't care if your mouth can feel anything....

Medical/dental advice on the interwebs is sketchy at best and flat out wrong often.

Good advice! Thanks!!

Chuck

Tisket

Heheheh....new guy. Thinks his question should be the point of the thread. :D
I know it just wouldnt be right to kill all the stupid people that we meet..

But do you think it would be appropriate to just remove all of the warning labels and let nature take its course.