freeflygirlz

alternative AADs

Is there a rig thats certified for sale in the US thats set up for the MPAAD?

Not sure. I know there were several companies that developed prototypes, but I think they are waiting on MPAAD's intro to the States.

-Blind
"If you end up in an alligator's jaws, naked, you probably did something to deserve it."

I have never heard about these two, do you know any details? Manufacturer, manual..

-Irvin Hitefinder
-High Tech

Are Kap 3 and FXC 8000 still available? What's the difference between FXC 8000 and 12000?

Thanks a lot

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Sorry folks, I was being funny.

Those are all antique pin-puller type Automatic
Activation Devices.

High Tech was the predecessor of FXC Corporation.
FXC 8000 is similar to FXC 12000, but the factory stopped overhauling them 20 years ago. An FXC 8000 saved the life of one of my students back in the early 1980s.

KAP-3 is an ancient Warsaw Pact (cfommunist)military AAD. It pulled the main ripcord "X" seconds every time you fell through altitude "Y." You needed to remember to remove the safety pin just before exit. Many schools tied static-lines onto KAP-3 safety pins.

Irvin Industries of Canada designed the Hitefinder as a clone of KAP-3. You had to remember to remove the "red apple" while on jump run. I have only jumped it on Military Freefall Parachutes.

For myself there are 2 alternatives:
Cypres 1
Cypres 2

The rest I consider as shit, including the vigil which has been grounded 2 weeks ago in germany

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Using your droque to gain stability is a bad habit,
Especially when you are jumping a sport rig

Sorry folks, I was being funny.

Those are all antique pin-puller type Automatic
Activation Devices.

Thanks for your info
I don't want to change my aad, i'm very happy with cypres, but i am writing on a little essay about aads (history, technical stuff, pros and cons) and so the "historical" aads you write about, are very interesting to me. I really thought, that Kap 3 was the very first aad.
if you have any pictures or details about these old aads, I would be very interested. it's hard to find information about things bevor the internet-area...

Check out the current post in this forum "Historical research work on AAD " which has a link to a great book in draft, in Spanish, which covers many other AADs.

http://www.bubok.es/libros/207351/EQUIPOS-DE-ACTIVACION-AUTOMATICA-DE-PARACAIDAS-75-ANIVERSARIO-19362011

The author is on dz.com and is a treasure trove of info on the older AADs

And there's some pictures of the FXC8000 and Kap3 here -

http://www.flickr.com/photos/vintageparachutegear/sets/72157628885066953/