24fps

Name a beer

Hi. Your wife may be concerned over nothing. I work for a brewery and the only people who actually use the "names" rather than just saying Red, or IPA or Stout, or whatever are first timers and tourists. I wouldn't worry about someone "not getting it". Besides, it gives staff a chance to explain it which makes the experience more interesting for the customer. You just have to make sure all your delivery guys, sales guys etc know the story.
DOOG
Muff 846
All you people are here to make sure I have a good time.

>Hi. Your wife may be concerned over nothing. I work for a brewery and the only people
>who actually use the "names" rather than just saying Red, or IPA or Stout, or whatever
>are first timers and tourists.

Or people who go to different breweries. Go to Green Flash and ask for an IPA and they will ask you "one of the sessions? West Coast? Palate Wrecker? or Symposium?" (Or go to Lost Abbey and ask for a Belgian, or to Ballast Point and ask for a stout.) Names are pretty useful in such cases, and ideally should be easy to say/remember so they don't slow things down.

billvon

>Hi. Your wife may be concerned over nothing. I work for a brewery and the only people
>who actually use the "names" rather than just saying Red, or IPA or Stout, or whatever
>are first timers and tourists.

Or people who go to different breweries. Go to Green Flash and ask for an IPA and they will ask you "one of the sessions? West Coast? Palate Wrecker? or Symposium?" (Or go to Lost Abbey and ask for a Belgian, or to Ballast Point and ask for a stout.) Names are pretty useful in such cases, and ideally should be easy to say/remember so they don't slow things down.

Black Shirt Brewing in Denver only does different style red ales (and most are freaking amazing)...ask for a red ale, and they'll ask "Which of our 12 red ales on tap would you like?" :)

ryoder

And the porter should be "Pilatus Porter", of course. :)
What about "'Whuffo Re' Porter

"Would that be a beer that got everything wrong?

Or "Mingo Porter": http://www.pc-6.com/history/564.htm

Lutz Lager:P
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun