keithbar

anyone else noticed Christmas decorations still up and lit?

driving home tonight I saw a house with the bushes and front porch still wrapped in multi colored Christmas decorations? that got me to looking I noticed another house that had the front porch wrapped in plain white lights I give him a pass on that that might be an all year around thing but then I know is the house that still had a Christmas wreath on the front door and a Christmas tree in the front window still lit:o I hope that was a artificial Christmas tree if not can you say fire hazard:S
i have on occasion been accused of pulling low . My response. Naw I wasn't low I'm just such a big guy I look closer than I really am .

a few years back i noticed one house that had a plastic santa on the front porch. all through feb and.. it was early march when they took it down:S

i have on occasion been accused of pulling low . My response. Naw I wasn't low I'm just such a big guy I look closer than I really am .

keithbar

a few years back i noticed one house that had a plastic santa on the front porch. all through feb and.. it was early march when they took it down:S

Think my record for a 3 foot plastic Santa was April or May But that was indoors. :P
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

i saw a damn nice 8 point buck still with both sides of his rack on april fools day one year. all my buddies thought i was lying but it's a no shit . legit. story. he was in hard horn. not a freak. that carries his velvet antlers all year round.

quade

People get a free pass from me for the 12 days AFTER Christmas. After that, they're just milking it and are numbskulls.

Or they're busy as hell. Working 4 jobs and two kids under the age of 5 will sort of keep you busier than those with out kids could imagine. Mine are up but unplugged. This week I finally have some time to pull it all down.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

quick question for you. you had posted about bringing a rental RV to fitz are you flying into Atlanta and renting the RV and driving it down to fitz? surely you're not renting an RV in Alaska and driving all the way from Alaska to fitz are you?

Ah that makes sense then. I did not realize you were coming all the way from Alaska until you posted that about the sled dog race then I looked at your profile.

Can't say I've noticed any lights or decorations still showing on homes in my neighbourhood, but it wouldn't bother me. I'm more worried by the insistence that it's 'bad luck' still to have them up after Twelfth Night - hard to believe that so many people still carry these silly superstitions. :)
I think along my local high street, the 'public' Christmas lights actually stay up (unlit) on lamp posts all year round. I've no problem with that, since you really don't notice them and it saves the local council the cost and disruption of putting them up and taking them down each year.

If I was going to shorten the period of Christmas celebration, I'd definitely start at the front end - make people have the decency at least to wait until mid-November before ramping up the seasonal hype. Anyone would think it was a competition to start earlier every year - which of course, if you're in retail, it is!

promise5

Guilty :$:$:$

I just enjoy having my tree and lights. I'm taking it down this weekend.

I keep mine on a timer thru New Year's Day, then unplug 'em. This year I was able to take them down a few days later when it wasn't raining.

I still have a strand of white lights running behind the TV and around the wood stove and like to plug those in for a little extra light on the early, dark evenings. I gotta admit I love Christmas lights, inside and outside.

The sniglet word for people who leave their Christmas lights up all year is Nerkels. :)

this past week here in Nashville there was a story on the news about the Metro Police Department had raided several massage parlors in a prostitution sting. one of the reporters was standing in front of one of the massage parlors. and sure enough in the window was it green garlin in the shape of a Christmas tree with Christmas lights:o. and no they were not all red lights;)