billvon

Good luck New Englanders

billvon

Good luck to all you New Englanders from a former resident of Long Island and Boston. Looks like this might be one for the record books.

bet you lived on fire island
I hold it true, whate'er befall;
I feel it, when I sorrow most;
'Tis better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all.

They sure are preaching doom and gloom for the north east. They were saying it may even close school in NYC . I didn't realize that was as rare a thing as I have been hearing
i have on occasion been accused of pulling low . My response. Naw I wasn't low I'm just such a big guy I look closer than I really am .

billvon

Good luck to all you New Englanders from a former resident of Long Island and Boston. Looks like this might be one for the record books.

The hype or the actual storm?

I agree that it's looking pretty severe. They are completely banning traffic in Massachusetts and Connecticut tonight. Nothing to be on the roads except emergency vehicles.

But the "Storrrrrrrm of the Cennnnnnturrrryyyyyy" hype gets very old.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

LuckyMcSwervy

:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r: Good luck with that! :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

I agree!

Here in the DC metro area, we are only expecting a few inches, but……. That's enough to shut down the whole freaking area. :D All the way from PA to VA and everything in between.

My daughter flew in this evening from Seattle (via a couple of detours in the Upper Midwest), and it was doubtful that she would make it. She made it, but her luggage is somewhere, but no one knows where. :S
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

Flightaware really looks weird with the dearth of air traffic. When I first pulled it up I counted 8 planes total in 8 states (including all of the state of NY).

Thus far it doesn't seem to be too bad. The wind looks fierce there in Mass. We'll see how much gets dumped, but I'm not thinking NYC will hit two feet. (I've been in blizzard that dropped two feet in one night. It is still a LOT of snow.)

My wife is hotter than your wife.

oldwomanc6

***:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r: Good luck with that! :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

I agree!

Here in the DC metro area, we are only expecting a few inches

I'm sorry to hear that... Shrinkage is a bitch.:P
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

Yeah, it seems to have missed NYC and Philadelphia, but last I heard even Long Island was getting hammered. Sounds like the weather folks pretty well nailed it. Hope that people understand this isn't an exact science, and that the cost of business as usual in NYC with that kind of weather probably wouldn't have been worth it

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

>bet you lived on fire island

New York City, actually. Then Mill Neck, then Oyster Bay, then Selden.

(My father was the principal of Bay Shore high school for years, which included parts of Fire Island. Getting the all-terrain buses to pick kids up on the beach during storms was one of the more interesting parts of his job.)

I think we lucked out.

I got 3 feet, and drifts much larger, in North East CT. But the snow was light and fluffy, and there wasn't much in the way of power outages.

Most of CT got much less than forecasted.
"The restraining order says you're only allowed to touch me in freefall"
=P