Nataly

A strange thing to be upset about...

I just came to the conclusion that I'm 50+, fat, divorced, broke and bitter. Not at all a profile of anyone who would be compatible with anyone else.:|

Skydivers don't knock on Death's door. They ring the bell and runaway... It really pisses him off.
-The World Famous Tink. (I never heard of you either!!)
AA #2069 ASA#33 POPS#8808 Swooo 1717

tigra

Holy run-on sentence, Batman!

Errrm... Yeah... Exactly!!

WTF aarco?? Total jibberish!
"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse."
- Chris Hadfield
« Sors le martinet et flagelle toi indigne contrôleuse de gestion. »
- my boss

Tink1717

I just came to the conclusion that I'm 50+, fat, divorced, broke and bitter. Not at all a profile of anyone who would be compatible with anyone else.:|

I'm certain there are plenty of 50+ fat divorced broke and bitter women out there just waiting for ya!!!! :D:D:P

Seriously, though, the biggest problem with what you just described is the bitterness... And this is one thing you *can* fix, if you really want to :)
- Chris Hadfield
- my boss

Nataly

***Holy run-on sentence, Batman!

Errrm... Yeah... Exactly!!

WTF aarco?? Total jibberish!

My theory is that he really does have something to say, but he's run it through a translation program 18 times in different languages, and then back to English, and this is what comes back out. A bit like playing "operator" at a party.
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

the biggest problem with what you just described is the bitterness... And this is one thing you *can* fix, if you really want to.....

True, but as time passes, all I find I have in common with anyone is breathing, and precious little else.
Skydivers don't knock on Death's door. They ring the bell and runaway... It really pisses him off.
-The World Famous Tink. (I never heard of you either!!)
AA #2069 ASA#33 POPS#8808 Swooo 1717

Tink1717

the biggest problem with what you just described is the bitterness... And this is one thing you *can* fix, if you really want to.....

True, but as time passes, all I find I have in common with anyone is breathing, and precious little else.

Well, then focus only on finding your inner joy again. Do that and you'll be ok. And you may even meet someone pretty cool as well - but you won't *need* to, because you will be happy. Seriously. Life throws ya some pretty mean curve balls sometimes. But no matter what, you owe it to yourself to do everything you can reasonably do to be happy.
- Chris Hadfield
- my boss

Whats jiber about common type,? Dont you text from your phone real fast,, its like your minds in gear 1 ,, ok im in 3 trying to stay in gear 2,
Look at the letters like a gps map,, th is the tht is that ,, r is is or are, a is. ?... if you wr act y tlki 2 1 3 another you wld be hitting enter allready,
Did you git that or is jiber back on the minu,, you see ,, the problem with proper in English is not family by its statement, abc 123, is a galixy war code language, , jumping out of planes and speaking it is likely giving your position away to the asguard high council, , bud wiser anyone, please don't die on me,, comeon stay wit e,, hr,, com, th chopr s com hang n thr,,,, or is it backwards elvin runes, hybrids, y6 u7 o8 z, thats you guys go eat lunch with your King ,, r3q1 means return to Oz,, lo means I am little one is little one,, 69 means halo event,, or gr gr or gr1,,, 00 means second light, or merging star system,, onyx means stealth or move by night,, or ox1 means change your fire,, 0u1 or im out means go to moon staytion,, party means blitz or blitzing, or use all your ammo,
tiger or tic means go to larger planet or come from naughboring galaxy,,
pta means personal or panzer , like other language, art , paint or look , or red planet, or change cammo,, panzer also means eat different meat,, very weird !! You people are wear wolves,, oh no,,,, no im jokin im just looking for a date..

Having something never beats doing (>|<)
Iam building things - Iam working on my mind- I am going to change this world - its what I came here 4- - -

Nataly

I am simply AMAZED that anyone my age (or older) would take it as a personnal offence that we are not suited to one another. It's not like it's anyone's fault - and it's not like I'm insulting them by being honest and saying "I don't think we are a good match."

There's an old saying "men's egos are large, but fragile."

Getting rejected hurts, even if you were planning to reject the same person. Most of us secretly want every woman in the world to fancy us.

Not logical, not sensible, but true.

Doesn't excuse bad behaviour though.

bob.dino

***I am simply AMAZED that anyone my age (or older) would take it as a personnal offence that we are not suited to one another. It's not like it's anyone's fault - and it's not like I'm insulting them by being honest and saying "I don't think we are a good match."

Getting rejected hurts, even if you were planning to reject the same person. Most of us secretly want every woman in the world to fancy us.

Bingo. Most men have far, far lower standards than women.

Take Nataly for example:

She's hot, smart, cute, has a good job, pretty, rides a motorcycle, hot, skydives (or at least used to), cute, good sense of humor, pretty, rides horses...
And she's hot.

What's not to fall for?

Politics? Religion? Family choices? Personal values? Mental or emotional issues?

Pfft. Who cares. If those get in the way later, we'll just leave. And break up via text or voice mail.

And before you flame me, I'm kidding....

Kinda. :)
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

bob.dino

Ok... The ego thing kinda makes sense. And I suspect men typically approach women (and not the other way around) so must therefore get rejected more often as a result... I suppose this either toughens you up or makes you more sensitive.

But like you said... There are limits to what is a normal and what is a disproportionate reaction. Insulting me because I said "I didn't feel there was a connection between us" seems to me a bit ott...

And Joe - was laughing OUT LOUD at your post!!! It may comfort you to know that many women have low standards too... Like: "oh he liked me and made me laugh and most importantly he really liked me and never mind about all the other stuff - I can just fix him!!!" :D:D
- Chris Hadfield
- my boss

Nataly

...And Joe - was laughing OUT LOUD at your post!!! It may comfort you to know that many women have low standards too... Like: "oh he liked me and made me laugh and most importantly he really liked me and never mind about all the other stuff - I can just fix him!!!" :D:D

Glad you liked it.
I have a great sense of humor.

Are you coming back to North America anytime soon? :)

About those women...

Yeah. They're out there.

They tend to be...

Difficult. Needy.

They don't like my motorcycle because it's "dangerous" and they're "scared I might get hurt on it." And skydiving? Fuggedaboutit.

And jealous. If I even look at another woman, I hear about it. Talk to one? No matter what the subject. Hoo boy.

They often have a lot of trouble holding a job. So I'm expected to support her.

And "being fixed" is hard (not in the veterinary sense). I have flaws. I know it. I'm working on them and some have a long way to go.

But to have someone else decide which ones need to be "fixed" and how to fix them and when to fix them and...

Better check your messages. :P
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

aarco

Whats jiber about common type,? Dont you text from your phone real fast,, its like your minds in gear 1 ,, ok im in 3 trying to stay in gear 2,
Look at the letters like a gps map,, th is the tht is that ,, r is is or are, a is. ?... if you wr act y tlki 2 1 3 another you wld be hitting enter allready,
Did you git that or is jiber back on the minu,, you see ,, the problem with proper in English is not family by its statement, abc 123, is a galixy war code language, , jumping out of planes and speaking it is likely giving your position away to the asguard high council, , bud wiser anyone, please don't die on me,, comeon stay wit e,, hr,, com, th chopr s com hang n thr,,,, or is it backwards elvin runes, hybrids, y6 u7 o8 z, thats you guys go eat lunch with your King ,, r3q1 means return to Oz,, lo means I am little one is little one,, 69 means halo event,, or gr gr or gr1,,, 00 means second light, or merging star system,, onyx means stealth or move by night,, or ox1 means change your fire,, 0u1 or im out means go to moon staytion,, party means blitz or blitzing, or use all your ammo,
pta means personal or panzer , like other language, art , paint or look , or red planet, or change cammo,, panzer also means eat different meat,, very weird !! You people are wear wolves,, oh no,,,, no im jokin im just looking for a date..

May I have some of what you're smoking please?

wolfriverjoe

******I am simply AMAZED that anyone my age (or older) would take it as a personnal offence that we are not suited to one another. It's not like it's anyone's fault - and it's not like I'm insulting them by being honest and saying "I don't think we are a good match."

Bingo. Most men have far, far lower standards than women.

Take Nataly for example:

She's hot, smart, cute, has a good job, pretty, rides a motorcycle, hot, skydives (or at least used to), cute, good sense of humor, pretty, rides horses...
And she's hot.

What's not to fall for?

Politics? Religion? Family choices? Personal values? Mental or emotional issues?

Pfft. Who cares. If those get in the way later, we'll just leave. And break up via text or voice mail.

And before you flame me, I'm kidding....

Kinda. :)

I'm not saying this necessarily applies to anyone in this thread. But FWIW:
At my college we had co-ed dorms. Roughly 50/50 men/women on each floor. I recall this one girl who lived on my floor. She was seriously, seriously hot. But she burned thru one (female) roommate after another, and there was a reason for that. And... surprise! - despite her hotness, she never seemed to have a steady boyfriend, either. She was the kind of girl who got hit on and went out on first dates tons of times (as you'd expect), got only a few second dates, and almost no third dates.
I'll just leave that story out there.

Quagmirian

***Whats jiber about common type,? Dont you text from your phone real fast,, its like your minds in gear 1 ,, ok im in 3 trying to stay in gear 2,

May I have some of what you're smoking please? ,,,,,?,,,? no.

Having something never beats doing (>|<)
Iam building things - Iam working on my mind- I am going to change this world - its what I came here 4- - -

Andy9o8

I'm not saying this necessarily applies to anyone in this thread. But FWIW:
At my college we had co-ed dorms. Roughly 50/50 men/women on each floor. I recall this one girl who lived on my floor. She was seriously, seriously hot. But she burned thru one (female) roommate after another, and there was a reason for that. And... surprise! - despite her hotness, she never seemed to have a steady boyfriend, either. She was the kind of girl who got hit on and went out on first dates tons of times (as you'd expect), got only a few second dates, and almost no third dates.
I'll just leave that story out there.

Well, if it *is* directed at someone in this thread, it is a thinly veiled (and not very classy) insult... If it *isn't* then I fail to see how it relates to this topic...?

Do feel free to expand on that.
- Chris Hadfield
- my boss

yes I agree. the stereotype of an attractive female with no personality, while there are instances when it is true, it is kind of childish. There are plenty of beautiful women with great personalities.. just as there are black people who don't like fried chicken, Asians who suck at math, and white guys with big... you get the point, no need to say someones looks makes there personality bad

tred

yes I agree. the stereotype of an attractive female with no personality, while there are instances when it is true, it is kind of childish. There are plenty of beautiful women with great personalities.. just as there are black people who don't like fried chicken, Asians who suck at math, and white guys with big... you get the point, no need to say someones looks makes there personality bad

Sigh. The point simply being, the opposite of what you presumed I was suggesting. In other words: some people are well-suited to long-term permanent relationships, while others are not, and of course there's everything in between that. That's not judgmental about any of those groups; there's nothing wrong with one or the other, it's simply what a personality is. But there's a natural bias in society toward physically attractive people, often expressed in utter amazement that Attractive Person X or Y is not attached. And I think that's based on a fallacious presumption that merited debunking.

bob.dino

Sigh. The point simply being, the opposite of what you presumed I was suggesting.

From my perspective, as a fairly neutral reader, and irrespective of whether you meant it to, your post did come across as a dig at Nataly.

But Andy, I liked your explanation. The second post was a very good point. There are tons of different reasons why two people go on a first date. You're agreeing with N@ -- once those people start to get to know each other, it's quite likely at least one will not want to pursue a relationship further.

Nataly -- I totally agree with you. I find many men (at least the ones I've met) often can't deal with a straight-talking, up-front woman. Unfortunately, it also tends to be caused by the women who give us a bad name. I call them "Cosmo girls." They're the ones who say one thing and mean another, play games hoping he'll "get the picture" instead of communicating directly, and get upset over something mysterious -- telling the guy he "should have known/should know". When they get used to dealing with that all the time, it would seem to me that a guy should appreciate your candor.

As for the "not calling" -- only really pisses me off when a guy insists he is interested, wants to get together or make plans, but falls off the face of the earth after that. It's even worse when you eventually have contact and he makes some excuse for the last time and does it all over again. :S That's just rude.
See the upside, and always wear your parachute! -- Christopher Titus

Shut Up & Jump!

bob.dino

Sigh. The point simply being, the opposite of what you presumed I was suggesting.

From my perspective, as a fairly neutral reader, and irrespective of whether you meant it to, your post did come across as a dig at Nataly.

Well, I asked Andy if he cared to elaborate and he did. I do think that attractive people have an easier time getting a first date - proof: just look how excited I was to meet Mr-handsome-who-never-called-back!!! And I *was* disappointed that he didn't until I realised the date itself didn't actually go all that well! So I see how people can get wrapped up in looks... But I didn't take offense that he didn't like me - these things happen.

And for the record, I have many faults, but I in no way resemble the girl he described. So even if Andy's first post was designed to offend me, it doesn't.
- Chris Hadfield
- my boss

JohnMitchell

*** I do think that attractive people have an easier time getting a first date

Pretty much a fact there. Women say they want a man with a good sense of humor. If you're good looking enough, everything you say is just witty as hell. :P

And if a guy has a large, bulging wallet, he can be witty w/o even speaking.:P
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.