gauleyguide

Are you going to Bridge Day 2015 in West Virginia?

Hello everyone! First of all I hope I'm in the right forum... If not I appolgize.

Every year there are lots of skydivers that come out to Bridge Day and make their first, first and only, or their one a year BASE jump. I would like to know if you have made plans to return or go to West Virginia for Bridge Day this year in light of the new policy in place. I really don't need to know why you are or aren't going, I can tell you right now that I respect your decision either way, this is a free Country, and that is what this is about and I'll end it here so I don't get into politics or what ever.

Thank you
Alan Lewis
"Don't keep your pilot chute a secret"

grue

Why bother? There are plenty of legal places to jump without time limits or any of the other bullshit restrictions at bridge day

I'm not a base jumper but the only legal object that I know of in the U.S. that can be jumped any day is the New River Gorge Bridge in Idaho. (emphasis on "know of")
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

BillyVance

I'm not a base jumper but the only legal object that I know of in the U.S. that can be jumped any day is the New River Gorge Bridge in Idaho. (emphasis on "know of")

Psst;
New River Gorge Bridge is in WV.
Perrine is in ID.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

ryoder

Psst;
New River Gorge Bridge is in WV.
Perrine is in ID.

D'oh! :S I get them mixed up. Fucking bridges... :D
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

at the last meeting apparently they decided to go ahead with the fingerprinting in spite of the many objections.

Twin Falls will appreciate the increased revenue and have been very welcoming to the base community - Should be a great time.

Roy
They say I suffer from insanity.... But I actually enjoy it.

Iago

***at the last meeting apparently they decided to go ahead with the fingerprinting in spite of the many objections.

Twin Falls will appreciate the increased revenue and have been very welcoming to the base community - Should be a great time.

Roy

It's a moot point anyways since the organizer already pulled out.

There will be no Bridge Day 2015.

Seriously? Wow...

I know I am on a sky diving web site. There are several "skydivers" that don't get on the BASE jumping forums. Read my original post, I thought I spelled it out pretty clear for you. I'm sure there are some skydivers on here that hasn't heard about what's going on in the BASE community, but they do attend Bridge Day to make that occasional BASE jump. It's true for just the opposite, take me for instance, I javent a clue what goes on in the skydiving community. To be honest, I was really surprised that my username and password still worked for this site because it's been so long since I've logged in here. It's been even longer since I've jumped out of a plane. A really long time. Any way, have a good day sir. Oh, and blue skies to you!
"Don't keep your pilot chute a secret"

I'm sorry, should have said that your question needed to say this (regardless of the parameters in your post) just because it's how people on this site answer polls on this site: Would you have been going to bridge day and are you now not going because of the fingerprint issue. The way these polls work is that you have to click something to see the results. People prefer to answer the question rather that hit "See Results" and in this case they want to influence the outcome in favor of supporting BASE jumpers and their organizers.

It has more to do with how this site behaves. A lot of time people add "Boobies" as an option as the default "Not applicable" just so we have something to click on.
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher