airdvr

I did a good thing today

Rox always wanted to see this performer live. I'd as soon get a root canal but being married is sometimes about making sacrifices . If my friends from my 20' and 30's find out I'm dead. ;)

Barry Manilow [:/]
Please don't dent the planet.

Destinations by Roxanne

airdvr

Rox always wanted to see this performer live. I'd as soon get a root canal but being married is sometimes about making sacrifices . If my friends from my 20' and 30's find out I'm dead. ;)

I had no idea he was still amongst the living.

OTOH, as the years go by, I find myself enjoying more and more songs by artist that wanted to make me vomit 30 years ago.

I saw him I think 17 or 18 years ago with a bunch of girlfriends. We were (at the time) all in our late 20s... the crowd was definitely more in the middle-aged-and-older women range. Still, we had a blast, and I'd probably go see him again now (now that I'm solidly in that middle-aged group!). At least back then, he was a performer who knew his audience and still seemed to be having great fun at what he does. :)

"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

I think it's really great that you are willing to put her happiness ahead of your ears...

And stomach. :P

If nothing else, go and have fun watching her have a good time.

If you aren't careful, you might actually have a good time yourself. ;)

"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

airdvr

I'm doing the same thing. My wife and I will be at the first show of the tour.

At least I will not feel guilty about spending the summer at the DZ.
Life is too short to drink cheap beer.

If anyone needs a date for the show, let me know. Seeing Barry in concert is on my bucket list. I'll be back in the States in May.

Many have forgotten, but he was once about the same as Elvis in terms of fame. When he published, "I write the songs", it was enough to have him credibly accused of being the Anti-Christ. You've got to be somebody for (even nut-job) people to take that seriously.

David
I know it just wouldnt be right to kill all the stupid people that we meet..

But do you think it would be appropriate to just remove all of the warning labels and let nature take its course.