promise5

What are you driving ?

FlyingRhenquest

Trail ridge road

To get the full benefit of TRR, you should try it on a 650cc bike with 30mph crosswinds, gusting to 45mph.:S
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

skygypsie

***Mostly this - these days.

mostly these - these days ;)...
a little bit of this - a little bit of that B|

Awesome!!! B|

ETA: Which is your favorite?

I was at Sturgis last year... but left on Thursday before the craziness really began.
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

ryoder

Trail ridge road

To get the full benefit of TRR, you should try it on a 650cc bike with 30mph crosswinds, gusting to 45mph.:S

Hah! That would be a thing yep! I had to do it in a 4 cylinder beater Honda while the girls were here -- the Z only has 2 seats. They still thought it was plenty exciting, though. I told them "If you were driving on a similarly curvy road without the 2000 foot drop and no guard rails, you'd have no concerns about keeping the car on the road," but they didn't seem to be convinced. Kind of like how I refused to believe that the mock-up door and the airplane door were no different for the first 40-50 jumps...
I'm trying to teach myself how to set things on fire with my mind. Hey... is it hot in here?

BIGUN

******Mostly this - these days.

mostly these - these days ;)...
a little bit of this - a little bit of that B|

Awesome!!! B|

ETA: Which is your favorite?

I was at Sturgis last year... but left on Thursday before the craziness really began.

Oh, Without a doubt, The Springer !

'90 Sportster was my 1st...a '96 Xmas gift. My Dad died the night I got it. Had it re-painted in memory of him, so lots of sentimental significance & will always keep it !
She's going into retirement soon. :(

Shortly after the Sportster I wanted to go bigger so the Low Rider...for just that very reason..
I'm 5'2, but prefer forward controls, so don't care for it so much & don't want to put any $ in it, to modify...

I love, love, love how the Springer handles & rides...she cackles when she wants to be heard...& perty, too ;)

Looking to go Road King, or Heritage Softail...before next summer, to start getting some road trips in again !

Sturgis trips include camping at Glencoe Campgrounds, right near Buffalo Chip...there by Sat of the start week.
My favorite time is ride to Hulett, WY., but after a couple crazy daze in Sturgis, ready to head out for the long ride back to WI., by Friday ....so I know what you mean ;)

1st trip was in '97
Last was a few years ago, but Hubby's never been there so, would like to go next summer again B|

aphid

Nice. These are mine. Most of my miles have been around Eloy, but I'd like to spend some time in MT and CO someday.

Wow, very nice...all of them B|

So which is your favorite ?
(knowing they all have their special purpose) ;)

The Black Hills are amazing to ride in..my favorite part about going to Sturgis.

Wisconsin's country roads & scenic north aren't bad either :)

My other half is 5'2" also. She is kinda shopping for a Harley, but like you does not like the forward controls of the wide glides. The Road King - much too large for her unless we got it lowered. She's kinda set on the softail or sportster.
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

BIGUN

My other half is 5'2" also. She is kinda shopping for a Harley, but like you does not like the forward controls of the wide glides. The Road King - much too large for her unless we got it lowered. She's kinda set on the softail or sportster.

Does she ride already ?
Shortly, after I started I found the Sportster too light for highway riding with any wind, especially being smaller.

I also had to put a lower Mustang solo seat, lowering kit, big bob tank & forward controls to make it more comfortable & even with that still was a tip toe balance.

I tried out the Dyna Wide Glide. The front end felt good, but that was about it !

I can flat foot the Softails (Springer & Heritage), love the lower center of gravity, so much more negotiable on turns & curves, being so lean-able & just a much more comfortable, controllable ride, for my size.

skygypsie

The rigid is a real hoot for bar-hopping. And it's equipped with a vibe-rider (tm), so my pax's seem to like it too. :$ The V-rod comes out when I tire of the punks with their sportbikes. ;) The Breakout is... amazing! 110" of pavement-shaking therapy.:)

The Black Hills are amazing to ride in..my favorite part about going to Sturgis.

Absolutely. If I go back, it'll be the two weeks prior or after the show. I've never been real big on the silliness that often accompanies organized events.

The Beartooth Pass in Yellowstone made the entire trip worth it.

aphid

The rigid is a real hoot for bar-hopping. And it's equipped with a vibe-rider (tm), so my pax's seem to like it too. :$ The V-rod comes out when I tire of the punks with their sportbikes. ;) The Breakout is... amazing! 110" of pavement-shaking therapy.:)

Absolutely. If I go back, it'll be the two weeks prior or after the show. I've never been real big on the silliness that often accompanies organized events.

The Beartooth Pass in Yellowstone made the entire trip worth it.

Nice choices for their purpose ;)

In the early days as a H.O.G. (Harley Owners Group) member, used to make the rallies.
They, like Sturgis lose the pizzazz after the 1st onset of the rally.
Not into the party hard aspect...more into checking out the bikes, then the sites (rides) B|