airtwardo

Guess I could sell the 4 extra 'chutes ~

dpreguy

Agreed.
Samual Jackson ruined the movie. It had potential, but every time he would appear, with stupid dialog( I mean really stupid) with his gang banger ball cap cocked sideways, ghettotalk and his yelling voice style, the movie took another nose dive interval. The fantasy parts were good, but he dragged down what could have been a good movie. The skydiving is good. That's why I saw it.

Then it ends with a girl wanting it "up her ass". Direct quote. This is not a spoiler comment, just a clue about the playwright's choice of dialog.

Samual Jackson should stick to credit card ads with his ill-fitting girlie suits with his pant legs always above his ankles.

Well Gosh....OTHER than that Jackie, how did you like Dallas? :P

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

I'm perplexed by all the Jackson hate. For me, he's been great in some very good films and the best thing in some very bad ones, and he was at least ok in this. I did think he was slightly miscast, though.

Of course, if you want a sinister villain for your American action movie you traditionally cast a white British actor: Anthony Hopkins in The Silence of the Lambs, Alan Rickman and Jeremy Irons in the Die Hard movies, Tom Hiddleston in The Avengers, Mark Strong in Kick-Ass, Peter Cushing in Star Wars, Benedict Cumberbatch in Star Trek: Into Darkness.

So what to do for your movie supervillain when all the white Brits are playing the heroes for a change? Cast a black American! ;)

MikeJD

I'm perplexed by all the Jackson hate. For me, he's been great in some very good films and the best thing in some very bad ones, and he was at least ok in this. I did think he was slightly miscast, though.

Of course, if you want a sinister villain for your American action movie you traditionally cast a white British actor: Anthony Hopkins in The Silence of the Lambs, Alan Rickman and Jeremy Irons in the Die Hard movies, Tom Hiddleston in The Avengers, Mark Strong in Kick-Ass, Peter Cushing in Star Wars, Benedict Cumberbatch in Star Trek: Into Darkness.

So what to do for your movie supervillain when all the white Brits are playing the heroes for a change? Cast a black American! ;)

The first movie I saw with Jackson was Pulp Fiction, perhaps one of the best movies I've ever seen. I think he's just gone downhill since.

On second thought, he was pretty good in Django.