Nataly

Ya win some, ya lose some...

Looooooooong story short, in March 2013 my bike got accidentally knocked over by some builders... The resulting damage (albeit purely cosmetic) would have cost just over €2,000 to fix (all that plastic is fucking expensive)...

But the owner of the company simply refused to acknowledge any wrongdoing (despite the fact that his workers had owned up to it verbally and even apologised to me - I actually felt bad for the guys who clearly didn't do it on purpose)...

In January 2014, as luck would have it, that bike got crushed/destroyed in a landslide... My insurance company (fucking crooks) promptly dropped the first claim, declared the bike beyond repair (it was) and gave me a cheque for €144 (the "residual value" of the bike since the first accident - fucking fuckers).

Anyway I'm skipping a lot of details but I ended up taking the company to court... And won!! Not only did the judge award me €2,000 for the damage to the bike, but also an additional €1,000 which I didn't even ask for. Guess the court did not appreciate the blatant lies and obviously false testimonies and overall ill-will of this company. On my end, I stuck to the absolute truth - I had no solid proof and said so, however luckily for me, the judge deemed there was sufficient probable cause.

Nice :)
"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse."
- Chris Hadfield
« Sors le martinet et flagelle toi indigne contrôleuse de gestion. »
- my boss

BillyVance

Fucking A! Good job sticking to your guns. B|

Frankly, given how long it all took, it's not so surprising that the company just did nothing - I think most people would have given up by now... Also, I only received the ruling today - I still don't know when I will actually see that money... We'll see... Hopefully not another two years!!! :|
- Chris Hadfield
- my boss

Nataly

***Fucking A! Good job sticking to your guns. B|

Frankly, given how long it all took, it's not so surprising that the company just did nothing - I think most people would have given up by now... Also, I only received the ruling today - I still don't know when I will actually see that money... We'll see... Hopefully not another two years!!! :|

Yeah that's true. Like someone said in another thread "winning and collecting" are two totally different things. Hopefully the winners collect much faster than they do here in the states.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Remster

Good for you N@t!

Now, if I could only find the bike that got stolen... :S:|

Is someone out there trying to tell me I shouldn't be riding crotch-rockets??! :D:D

Nah!!! :P
- Chris Hadfield
- my boss

Nataly

***Good for you N@t!

Is someone out there trying to tell me I shouldn't be riding crotch-rockets??! :D:D

Nah!!! :PIs this it? >http://www.roadratroberts1.bravepages.com/ULTIMATE%20CROTCH%20ROCKET%20CRASH.htm
I hold it true, whate'er befall;
I feel it, when I sorrow most;
'Tis better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all.

oldwomanc6

*********Good for you N@t!

Nah!!! :PIs this it? >http://www.roadratroberts1.bravepages.com/ULTIMATE%20CROTCH%20ROCKET%20CRASH.htm

Huh?

Maybe in reference to the term "crotch-rocket"?? Anyway, no, not my bike. (!)

And for the record: speed limits don't exist to make you late and waste your time - they exist to give you sufficient time to react to other people/things you share the road with... I know plenty of people who enjoy speeding but frankly I think it's criminal to put other people's lives at risk just for your selfish entertainment. I've said it before and I stand by my statement - humans were not designed to travel at speeds exceeding something like 20 km/hour and I don't care how good of a driver/rider you *think* you are, basic maths will tell you that even at speeds as low as 50 km/hour (roughly 30 mph) you cannot react in time to avoid most unexpected obstacles.
- Chris Hadfield
- my boss

Nataly

************Good for you N@t!

Huh?

And for the record: speed limits don't exist to make you late and waste your time - they exist to give you sufficient time to react to other people/things you share the road with... I know plenty of people who enjoy speeding but frankly I think it's criminal to put other people's lives at risk just for your selfish entertainment. I've said it before and I stand by my statement - humans were not designed to travel at speeds exceeding something like 20 km/hour and I don't care how good of a driver/rider you *think* you are, basic maths will tell you that even at speeds as low as 50 km/hour (roughly 30 mph) you cannot react in time to avoid most unexpected obstacles.

The huh was in reference to the car in the link. Which is obviously not your bike.
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

oldwomanc6

***************Good for you N@t!

Huh?

The huh was in reference to the car in the link. Which is obviously not your bike.

The car in the link was hit by a bike going at retarded speeds (rocket)... Not strictly speaking related to the topic of this thread, but probably a reference to my term "crotch rocket". Read the article and look closely at the car - there is a bike in there... (Ie: actually *inside* the wrecked car.) I don't think he was actually thinking it was my bike :P
- Chris Hadfield
- my boss

In the 1970's there was a road safety campaign in the UK aimed at getting drivers to give themselves a little more room to manoeuvre. The campaign was called "Only a fool breaks the two secon rule" and involved starting to say this phrase as the vehicle in front passed an object at the roadside (eg mile marker, bridge etc). If you passed the same object before you finished the phrase (which takes approximately two seconds to say at normal speed) you were too close and should drop back.

Video here:

http://youtu.be/mf5d2DP4Pp0

I still use this method and it helps a great deal.
Atheism is a Non-Prophet Organisation

Bump!!

Guess who cashed in a cheque for €3,000 today?? Me!

:)
Even though it took a long time, I'm glad I didn't just let it go.

- Chris Hadfield
- my boss

Nataly

Bump!!

So let's see the pic of the new bike!:D
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

ryoder

***Bump!!

So let's see the pic of the new bike!:D

See pic below. :)
- Chris Hadfield
- my boss

ryoder

Another Street Triple, eh?;)

It's the most stolen bike so I did some research to see what else would be appropriate for me... And still came to the conclusion that the Street Triple was a good buy.

I now have a disk lock with alarm and insurance against fire and theft. The insurance alone is killing me but since this one is a 2010 (the other was 2012) it's almost worth it.
- Chris Hadfield
- my boss

wolfriverjoe

Wooo Hooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nat is back on two wheels!!!!!!!!!

Now we need pics of you in your leathers.

:P

Like this? :)>:(
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

wolfriverjoe

Yes, please.

For the record, I do not look like that in leathers...

...My hair is longer!!! :):P
- Chris Hadfield
- my boss