jclalor

Anyone know the model and year?

BillyVance

Did they launch it off the deck? :D

They did

Somebody thought they could sneak it home from the Phillipines in the hanger bay. The captain found out on the way back to San diego. He simple said "Get it off my Ship"

I'm on the ship's FB group and there seems to be only a few pics and no video. The truck seems so much older than I remembered.

A truck being smuggled back is a bit unusual, but I know of more than a couple of harleys that made the trip. Disassembled, crated, banded, in a secure magazine. When I PCS'd from the PI I legally brought back a 1970 Pinto that had been hand painted with OD and yellow paint to look like a bomb body modified to a sea mine!

wayneflorida

***Anyone know the model and year of this truck?

It's minutes away from accelerating quicker than any earthbound vehicle ever has... I think.

0 MPH to 150 MPH in 2 seconds,

I wish I could find video.

I think it is a 1954 chevy.

wayneflorida........I totally agree......1954 Chevy. Dang waste of a "nice" steel truck :(

I got this explanation from a friend on FB...Catapult of outgoing Air Wing Commander's unit 'toy' while ship is testing newly installed catapult systems... a morale building event for the flight deck crew
Please don't dent the planet.

Destinations by Roxanne