masterrig

Cool dad...

That is cool.

I remember my folks made a skating rink in our backyard one year when I was a kid.

Built up the snowbanks and flooded it. It took about 10 layers of ice (get the the first water down to soak the snow, let it freeze, get a half inch or so of water on top of that, let it freeze, repeat) to get it usable, we had to put a new layer of water down every few days (no Zamboni) and it wasn't really big (maybe 20' x 20'), but it was a lot of fun.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

When it got cold enough in Texas my dad would help us dump water on the back patio to freeze up a nice "ice rink". Of course, we didn't have skates but it was still novel fun to go slipping and sliding.

Moving to Utah removed the novelty of slipping and sliding on ice. :D

masterrig

Absolutely disgusting!!!
There is no safety harness, there is no helmet, there are no elbow pads, knee pads, thigh pads, neck brace, shin pads, air bags, side bumpers, or foam pit. He should be jailed for child endangerment.

:)
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

With all that 'safety' stuff... how's the kid supposed to have fun? To me, I don't know how to say it without raising anyone's hackles but how is the kid supposed to learn how to take care of himself with all that 'false security' stuff? I think we've all seen cracked Pro-tec helmets on students when they get drug by an open canopy on a windy day. I learned how to protect myself from getting hurt doing stuff as a kid. I have nothing against all that safety stuff if that helps parents. I think a lot of it is over-kill. Kids are going to get scuffs an bruises. It's part of growing up. Oh, we took responsibility for it, too!

Chuck

masterrig

With all that 'safety' stuff... how's the kid supposed to have fun? To me, I don't know how to say it without raising anyone's hackles but how is the kid supposed to learn how to take care of himself with all that 'false security' stuff? I think we've all seen cracked Pro-tec helmets on students when they get drug by an open canopy on a windy day. I learned how to protect myself from getting hurt doing stuff as a kid. I have nothing against all that safety stuff if that helps parents. I think a lot of it is over-kill. Kids are going to get scuffs an bruises. It's part of growing up. Oh, we took responsibility for it, too!

Chuck

Preaching to the choir my friend, preaching to the choir.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

turtlespeed

***With all that 'safety' stuff... how's the kid supposed to have fun? To me, I don't know how to say it without raising anyone's hackles but how is the kid supposed to learn how to take care of himself with all that 'false security' stuff? I think we've all seen cracked Pro-tec helmets on students when they get drug by an open canopy on a windy day. I learned how to protect myself from getting hurt doing stuff as a kid. I have nothing against all that safety stuff if that helps parents. I think a lot of it is over-kill. Kids are going to get scuffs an bruises. It's part of growing up. Oh, we took responsibility for it, too!

Chuck

Preaching to the choir my friend, preaching to the choir.

Yeah, I know. :ph34r: You just happened to trigger my little rant. I knew what you were getting at. Sorry. :$

Chuck