Tink1717

PB&J protocol

oldwomanc6

Cut the Damn crust OFF, people!

That is all.

What . . are you 6?

Crust is good for you. It has the most vitamins.:)
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

We make cranberry preserves for the jam; tart, lots of flavor, not sweet (we don't add sugar), nice and thick. Thin layer on the top bread, PB on the bottom (chunky or extra-chunky), sliced bananas or whole berries in between are optional.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Some of the more creative entries reminded me of my favorite when I was a kid: toast, crunchy peanut butter and bologna. Man, that was good!
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Grilled peanut butter sandwich prepared the same way as a grilled cheese sandwich. Creamy peanut butter. No jelly inside ..... liberal amounts of cold jelly on top ..... un-sliced.:P

Trying that tomorrow......B|
Skydivers don't knock on Death's door. They ring the bell and runaway... It really pisses him off.
-The World Famous Tink. (I never heard of you either!!)
AA #2069 ASA#33 POPS#8808 Swooo 1717

We make cranberry preserves for the jam; tart, lots of flavor, not sweet (we don't add sugar), nice and thick. Thin layer on the top bread, PB on the bottom (chunky or extra-chunky), sliced bananas or whole berries in between are optional.

Hmmmmmmmmmm...
Skydivers don't knock on Death's door. They ring the bell and runaway... It really pisses him off.

I can't believe no one has mentioned sweet pickles yet. Sweet pickles, sliced in half lengthwise and placed on top of the peanut butter, provide just the right contrast with crunch and tang. Learned it from Dad. Am I the only one to add sweet pickles to peanut butter?

I can't believe no one has mentioned sweet pickles yet. Sweet pickles, sliced in half lengthwise and placed on top of the peanut butter, provide just the right contrast with crunch and tang. Learned it from Dad. Am I the only one to add sweet pickles to peanut butter?

Never heard of it.

Drago

Yes.
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

oldwomanc6

***I can't believe no one has mentioned sweet pickles yet. Sweet pickles, sliced in half lengthwise and placed on top of the peanut butter, provide just the right contrast with crunch and tang. Learned it from Dad. Am I the only one to add sweet pickles to peanut butter?

Yes.

Absolutely.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

One piece of white bread. Only exception is sour dough, if home made.
Skippy, creamy.
Grape jelly.
No napkin, no plate, no folding, one hand only holding the PBJ.
U only make 2 jumps: the first one for some weird reason and the last one that you lived through. The rest are just filler.
scr 316

If the jelly doesn't fall out the bottom...you didn't use enough jelly.

Yep.

BIGUN

Man, you guys are REALLY bored. Anyone who reached the age of five knows that it's super chunky PB on the bottom slice with grape jelly on top of the PB and you gently lay the last slice on top. That way the PB doesn't get stuck to the roof of your mouth.

You guys should be debating - if the toilet paper roll lead should pull from the top or the bottom. Now, that's important shit. ;)

Agree with you on all points :)
"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse."
- Chris Hadfield
« Sors le martinet et flagelle toi indigne contrôleuse de gestion. »
- my boss

wmw999

Wendy P.

This. With home made cashew butter.

:P
I'm trying to teach myself how to set things on fire with my mind. Hey... is it hot in here?

skymama

PB on both sides, jelly in the middle, cut corner to corner.

No, your PB&J technique is flawed. PB on sides with J in the centre will render something like biting into a packet of ketchup; the J will squish out in all directions on the first bite.

Re the following posts mentioning almond butter; damn that sounds good, I've got to find some.

My usual "energy snack" is a Euro adaptation (though surely regarded as an abomination by purists) - French brioche roll with chocolate chips with added PB and sliced banana.
"Pain is the best instructor, but no one wants to attend his classes"

Re the following posts mentioning almond butter; damn that sounds good, I've got to find some.

Nut butters are awesome. Right now I've got:
1. Peanut
2. Almond
3. Cashew
4. Hazelnut
5. Pistachio
6. Macadamia

They are some of the coolest things I discovered since going vegan. Who knew?:)

everytime I hear someone declare their self a vegan the first thing I do is look at their feet .

No one would EVER want to look at my feet, no matter how kinky they are......

you know dinosaurs had to die to make the fuel for these planes that we jump out of....

More like plants and bacteria, lots of them.

Besides, I'm vegan for heath reasons, not necessarily ethics. And, I never had a lot of leather to begin with.

Tink1717

everytime I hear someone declare their self a vegan the first thing I do is look at their feet .

No one would EVER want to look at my feet, no matter how kinky they are......

you know dinosaurs had to die to make the fuel for these planes that we jump out of....

More like plants and bacteria, lots of them.

Besides, I'm vegan for heath reasons, not necessarily ethics. And, I never had a lot of leather to begin with.

Never say never!:o

:D:D:D:D:D

P5 is around here somewhere.:P

P B & J sandwiches were a real staple for my siblings and me....when we were kids...
Mom would lay out 8 or ten sheets of waxed paper, and then deal out the slices
of wonder bread like it was No Limit Texas Hold 'Em ;)

She bought the Peanut Butter in Half Gallon glass jars !!! and then saved every One of them. ( She used them to put her World Class Macaroni Gravy In them , and then freeze. Meatballs went into a second Jar ) B|

Usually grape jelly, Also from a BIG Jar..

Peanut Butter TODAY..... MUST have a different ingredient in it... 90 % of the kids in our elementary school lunchroom had PB&J sandwiches in their brown paper bags and There was NEVER ANY hint of an "allergy "....Nowadays, it's ALL changed.. either the Peanut Butter is Stronger... Or the Kids "are weaker " :o:P:)
Really...... How many here, who were kids decades ago....EVER saw or heard of such allergies????

I've gotten away from Wonder Bread... but to this day ,,,,, Can't shake the love for PB&J.....Still enjoy one whenever I have a bowl of Soup...:)