SethInMI

I made a DZ.com post blocker

I did something I wanted to do for a while and put together a post /user blocking filter for DZ.com. It is a TamperMonkey / GreaseMonkey script. I have only tested it in Google Chrome, but it should work in Firefox and Safari.

The image shows how things look once it is running. Individual posts can be hidden or shown, or all a users posts can be hidden. A list of blocked users is saved locally so should be persistent. Click the "RU" (Remove User) next to a username to add them to the block list and hide all their posts. Show a post and then click "Restore User" to remove the user from the block list.

Tampermonkey Extension for Chrome:
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/dhdgffkkebhmkfjojejmpbldmpobfkfo

My post blocking script:
https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/8541-dz-com-post-blocker

It is based loosely off another post-blocker I found on GreasyFork, and uses jQuery. I just wanted to play around with jQuery and JavaScript. If you have suggestions / bugs let me know, or if you want to make changes that would be great too. It would only take some minor changes to the website layout to break the script, but it hasn't changed in a long time...
It's flare not flair, brakes not breaks, bridle not bridal, "could NOT care less" not "could care less".

promise5

Will it work for stalkers/psychos?

Not making any personal attack, jus asking

I said I was sorry.[:/]
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

That's funny; I was just thinking that dz.com should have an "ignore user" feature.

There is another forum I use a lot that has that feature. I didn't even know about it until recently, because I had never had a problem. Then this one user started being super annoying. Seems like it should be easy enough to simply not read a certain user's posts - which I tried, but someone pointed out the "ignore user" feature to me, and that makes it so much easier.

D22369

Is this a personal attack on kallend?

oh hell, then I cant use this, I agreed with him on something... I wanna see if it can happen again :D

I did that a few times. The mods really didn't care for it.[:/]
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

cpoxon

Is it based on HeidHide?

No, I had no idea that one existed. I just installed it, and it is a little more polished. I do like the ability that mine has and that one lacks, that you can see which posts have been blocked, and show/hide a single post that has been ignored/blocked without unblocking the user.

Clearly some drama behind the app name, I see when it installed it came with "robinheid" blocked by default.:D:o
It's flare not flair, brakes not breaks, bridle not bridal, "could NOT care less" not "could care less".